JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Valriot: 8/16/2019 7:52:31 PM

Fix bloom/recoil in console version

Imagine making Thorn practically useless on console, in a Destiny game, cos you force obsurd recoil and flinch. And that's one weapon. Edit: Slight edit as this gained some traction, my issue is that some guns just straight up feel bad or inconsistent to use compared to others. Recoil as a skill gap is fine, anyone who's touched a shotgun is aware, you can have pinpoint accuracy all the time. But there's a difference between that, and what this is. This just makes a considerable amount of weapons, and ALOT of exotics in particular, feel bad to use. RPM and minor recoil changes should only decide the personal preference. Second edit: Seen a lot of people say "It's a skill gap" I know why recoil exists. I'm not asking for zero recoil. I know how videogame guns work. This is purely about >Comfort and >Usability This isn't just Hand Cannons. Go use Hard Light on console. It's a joke, the amount of screen shake going on there is obsurd. There is a balance between making guns be more punishing to use, and require a skill gap to cross, and making guns that feel good. D2 has leaned WAY TOO HARD into one side, to alleviate new players gets slaughtered by Hand Cannon Kings from Destiny 1. Oh well, maybe matchmaking would fix that.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Nthjester: 8/17/2019 7:30:32 PM
    In a game world where we have stability, recoil direction, and damage drop off bloom is pointless other than to even the odds between someone that hits their shots reliably and someone that can't. An artificial buffer for the unskilled...like bumper bowling. Purely for pvp, nobody ever said that players shouldn't hit pve bots when they shoot at them right? So why players? Skill gap, bungie hates it.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

5 Replies
    • recoil is fine, bloom is horseshit. I also hate how PvE i can hit nonstop headshots but the second i go into PvP i'm lucky if i get half of them landing where i wanted them to go.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Edited by Craftyboss1: 8/17/2019 9:01:19 AM
        You know I want them to remove bloom but not recoil. For those of you who think recoil and Bloom are the same thing you're wrong. Bloom is an artificial buhlshite RNG machine which causes your shots to be worse for no explicable reason other than reasons. I'm totally fine with recoil existing in the game if they could only fine tune it a bit just so that I'm not having the gun jumping out of my hands like I'm firing a -blam!-ing T-Rex. Looking at you last word and basically every 150 RPM hand Cannon. And for the halfdan-d turn it down a bit with the recoil matey. It's like I'm doing the freaking Cha Cha Slide with my goddamn gun due to the recoil. My gun slide to the left then slide to the right. Ramble ramble ramble I'm rambling lalalalala. Going on a bunch of tangents And now nobody's going to take my comment seriously. Edit: Spelling.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
        • Make all hand cannons have 180 recoil

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Can they make the Halfdan a little less jumpy? It feels like The Last Word as a AR.

Posting in language:

• Bloom is straight up BS .recoil seems dumb now honestly pc destiny 2 just feels like a better game without it so why not just remove it on console everyone’s happy

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Recoil doesn't matter to me, just get rid of bloom. The single worst mechanic I've ever seen in gaming. "Let's add RNG to where your bullets go because you're too good at shooting!"

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Just use not forgotten

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • I think the guns work like they are supposed to on console. Handcannons are still the most used weapons in pvp by far, but the numbers are being boosted by luna/nf. I think those two weapons are still outliers and should be made to function like 150s

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I am fixing it on my console by moving to PC. Keyboard macros, aim bots, auto trigger and fast reloads... what's there to complain. Bye bye bloom and hello 5+ kd! [spoiler]j/k I'm a scrub 😥[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • First, I haven't used it very much yet, but I love Thorn. Second, recoil can give weapons personality and a skill curve. Third, and hear me out, at some point after you've been holding down the trigger or spamming shots for a decent amount of time, I think there should be a bit of bloom. They should slightly increase it on 180s, and slightly decrease it on other hand cannons.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • how do you "fix" something that isn't broken? because you don't like it, or can't bridge the skill gap, doesn't make it broken. it sounds like you want all guns to behave exactly the same. that's boring.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • I mean bloom is barely a factor on console for anyone willing to put in time to practice and learn to handle the gun. I used to think thorn was unusable but after putting in time to practice I can control the recoil of a hand cannon on a controller. Ace of Spades and Lumina have become some of my most used guns solely because of how easy it has become to not only use but land an optimal TTK with them. The problem with hand cannons is that they reward practice and precision and the community is not willing to put in the time to learn how to use the weapon. In a game there are things that won't be handed to you for free, learn to overcome it.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                          • What’s bloom ?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • They cant fix it. They dont know how to.

Posting in language:

LoneHunter76
                              LoneHunter76

floating banners are the only good ones - old

Bungie doesn’t care if you feel comfortable shooting a gun. Nor do they care that you don’t feel it’s usable because you can’t learn to control the recoil. Nothing about recoil makes a gun unusable. You need to learn the recoil. Cerridius and I both play on console. He can shoot the last word 8 times into the exact same spot. I can’t. What happened. He manages his recoil better and he knows the gun better. He plays PvP all the time and I play it almost never.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • It wasnt discussed in the Directors cut so I assume it will not be getting a fix

Posting in language:

• As a console player, I disagree. Yes, it is slightly harder to aim. Yes, we don’t get destroyed by pulses and scout rifles are just a little better. Yes, you are salty

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                • This has been addressed many times and they aren’t going to change it. It’s a part of the game and just learn to control the recoil.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                                  • Whether or not you want no recoil (I understand you're saying you just want less screenshake stuff) its still a skill gap either way. Aside from snipers, i only enjoy using fast firing guns (Suros, Sweet Business and Last Word are easily my favorite guns), and the recoil is still controllable. I agree hard light, specifically, is a bit much, but it does have no range drop off, so if it easy to shoot it'd probably be meta. As for bloom? yeah i can get that argument. Also whats with "Recoil as a skill gap is fine, anyone who's touched a shotgun is aware, you can have pinpoint accuracy all the time"? Was it a joke? I dont use shotguns but from videos i've seen, the conclusion is that they're super inconsistent

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • Slap on a 140. Keep shooting till you figure which way to slightly tilt the thumb stick or go into patrol shoot ads till it feels natural. Honestly using hand cannons other then 180 isn’t hard

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                      • PC and console should have the exact same everything. Wouldn't that help with balance? I mean they keep preaching about balance. I'd imagine balancing two different iterations of a game as 1 game is pretty difficult to do. Prime example of this is 2 completely different metas PC v console.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                        • You do realize there range will be nerfed to the ground then right?

Posting in language:

• I plaid the crap outta halo 2 and never felt hindered by the system. Blah blah blah, it held your hand, but guess what, the game was consistent and fun as hell. Then halo 3 shows up and they tweak the weapons with not only recoil, but they changed from hit scan as well. Games became more random and less fun. Reach shows up and they programmed in optimal cadences for their precision weapons. Remember being outshot by the dmr by someone spamming their shot vs firing optimally? Drove many people nuts. Now we are here at destiny where they have bloom and recoil. I’d like to see one or the other toned down, and remove the in air penalty so the game has more verticality. But these are just ramblings of a 36 year old guy who has watched the evolution of bungie games for a while now. Your mileage my differ.

Posting in language:

• If you watch the most recent stream carefully you can see a preview of how they are changing this in shadowkeep. It looks like the severity of the re oil is staying mostly the same but the time it takes to bring your gun down is drastically reduced.

Posting in language:

• There should not be bloom AND recoil that noticable. The reason bloom existed in Halo was because the recoil was manageable, if even noticable. Now you have hand cannons that kick like a mule AND have bloom, making them incredibly inconsistent.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                        ;
                                        preload icon
                                        preload icon
                                        preload icon