JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Fix bloom/recoil in console version
8/16/2019 6:28:05 PM
I mean bloom is barely a factor on console for anyone willing to put in time to practice and learn to handle the gun. I used to think thorn was unusable but after putting in time to practice I can control the recoil of a hand cannon on a controller. Ace of Spades and Lumina have become some of my most used guns solely because of how easy it has become to not only use but land an optimal TTK with them. The problem with hand cannons is that they reward practice and precision and the community is not willing to put in the time to learn how to use the weapon. In a game there are things that won't be handed to you for free, learn to overcome it.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]bloom is barely a factor on console[/quote] Bloom dictates where your bullets will land within a circle which increases in size as you fire. This means that the entirety of your bullets are controlled by RNG. The only reason why anybody has excellent aim on console is because they actually have decent aim and great aim assistance. Anybody who says that they have good aim in Destiny are only around 50% right. People who are good at the game have a good patience and can Pace their shots well.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Seriously at this point auto rifles require more skill than any handcannon in game. The whole bloom thing is a -blam!-ing joke. Handcannons are meta for a reason, they're not underpowered.

Posting in language:

• You learned how to use a gun. Super cool story.

Posting in language:

• Take away hc targeting, dexterity, and unflinching and you’ll see how inconsistent 140 HC are another thing that’s pretty shitty is the flinch I SHOULD NOT MISS A SHOT BECAUSE SOMEONE HIT ME AND FLINCHED MY SHOT ABOVE THEIR HEAD explain how tf that makes sense? All they need to do is time down the flinch mainly from pulses and the bloom I should have to use all those armor perks just for my gun to be good

Posting in language:

• I wear all year 1 armor... I have learned to use hand cannons without crutch perks... Try again

Posting in language:

• I'm not asking for free stuff, I'm asking for my screen to not violently jerk around cos I shot a different gun

Posting in language:

• Your screen will violently jerk when firing a different gun because different guns behave different ways that has been the case in every video game since the inception of shooters. Just learn to control the gun and we wouldn't have to hear complaints or have unnecessary weapon buffs leading to OP weapons which would no doubt lead to complaints from the same people asking for buffs.

Posting in language:

• That's stupid. "It's shit because it's different" It could be...Not shit?

Posting in language:

• It's not shit If it was shit I wouldn't be defending it. Deal with the damn recoil and stop complaining If I can outgun Lunas howl and NF with ace of spades and thorn then you can use the free time you have in abundance (as you only seem to complain) and use it to instead improve at the game rather than blaming mechanics

Posting in language:

• You're -blam!-in using Ace of Spades, the gun that shoots rocket sized bullets. Shoot Thorn at the RPM it allows, and tell me it's not -blam!-ed. Like stand in front a wall, a watch the reticle go up 10 foot in 3 shots. Again, IM FINE WITH RECOIL. This isn't about "DURRRR GIT GUD", many guns FEEL BAD TO USE. When your game is 90% GUNS, and you have BAD FEELING GUNS, the game isn't doing it's job.

Posting in language:

• The gun feel is all subjective and also don't tell me to use thorn I have not taken thorn out of my inventory since it was added to this game. I use thorn all the damn time and not once after adjusting to its recoil have I had an issue with it. I fire it at max RPM and have no issue landing an optimal 3 shot.

Posting in language:

• You're full of shit or on pc

Posting in language:

• I’d love to see you outgun my trust or Luna’s with a thorn tho and WITHOUT any HC targeting, unflinching or dexterity 😂😂 we both on Xbox too

Posting in language:

• I mean when I get on later I could invite you and top the leaderboard the way I usually do when I play this game. My favorite thing to do in this game is prove people wrong. I am not that good a player and I can drop 40 kills in a game using only a hand cannon and my mediocre super than you can do the same without making weak ass excuses

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon