This week at Bungie, we lit the candles.
Festival of the Lost is live. Guardians are dressed in costumes to honor the memory of those who shall not be forgotten. The longer we play Destiny, the more we see fun moments become traditions – and this is one we love. If you have yet to join the party, start your seasonal journey with a visit to the Tower.
These Tricks and Treats will last until the weekly reset on November 8th. Collect your candy, don your masks, and sweep your way across the Plaguelands.
Don’t mind Eris. Not everyone is fun at parties.
Best in Show
No gathering like this would be complete without a costume contest. You’ve had a few days to fill your wardrobe with the ghoulish and ghastly. Now, it’s time to strut your stuff.
The Festival of the Lost Masquerade Ball is your chance to share your creativity with the world. You could even win a little something while you’re at it. Every day – for the next thirteen days – we’ll choose one winner and grant them the Resurrectionist Emblem. That’s the same badge that other players are acquiring with items from the Festival of the Lost Collection in the Bungie Store. You might earn one for simply being frabjous.
- Equip a Festival of the Lost mask
- Pose your Guardian for a photo in Destiny
- Upload your image to the Creations page
Winners will be judged by a panel of Bungie employees. Go HUDless and choose the perfect setting for costume. Group shots are welcome, but only the player who uploads the shot can win.
The judging begins now. Show us what you got!
Recently, there has been some concern about cheating in the Crucible, most specifically DDoSing in Trials of Osiris. This is a subject we take very seriously. To enlist you in the fight against cheaters, we spoke to our Security team to get some information on how they combat those who aren’t playing by the rules.
We have several team members whose full-time jobs are to ensure the security of your Destiny experience. They tell us that in-game reports are the best way to send us data on malicious activity. All in-game reports of cheating are monitored, and our security team closely examines all of the top reported offenders. If you are unable to send an in-game report, we have also setup an additional online reporting tool that can be used. Please use these reporting methods, rather than starting posts about players you suspect of cheating on forums. Sending reports directly to Bungie ensures that we will see them, and we don’t want players receiving threats and hate mail. The Banhammer’s message is strong, and doesn’t risk innocent players being publicly attacked for false claims.
A lot of players believe that we only issue restrictions based on these player reports. Reports are an important part of the process, but we also have many additional automated systems in place. As a policy, we don’t publicize how they work so cheaters can’t learn ways to evade them.
The Banhammer is being swung often. We take DDoS attacks very seriously. We have automated systems in place to detect them and take action against offenders, up to and including permanent bans from Destiny. Some of the offenders reported this past weekend in trending threads fall in this category and have played their last Trials card. Your reports help us make sure these systems are catching everybody they should be, so please keep them coming.
Remember, even though the games are competitive and rewards are on the line, keep it clean.
Lost and Found
When new content appears in your Director, that’s not magic. Brave developers work through the night to make sure that the Ghosts that appear in the Tower are friendly. Destiny Player Support watches over this process, to make sure things go bump in the night properly.
This is their report.
Festival of the LostFrom October 25th through November 8th, Festival of the Lost is available to players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Festival of the Lost 2016 Guide is now available on help.bungie.net, listing known issues and Vital Information.Since release, we have been investigating reports of in-game issues posted to the #Help forum, through our Festival of the Lost Vital Information thread:
- Declining the Quest “Old Wolf, New Tricks” will result in players not receiving the Lord Saladin mask from Tyra Karn in the Iron Temple. Players may acquire this Quest, and Mask, through alternate characters.
- Sea of Tears is incorrectly listed as a guaranteed reward within Gifts of the Lost. This item should appear as a possible reward, which may require multiple attempts to acquire.
- We are investigating reports that the Frame’s Honor Emblem is not being rewarded to some players when completing the Masker Plan Quest.Please note: Daylight Savings Time ends on November 6th, 2016. Daily and Weekly Reset will begin to take place at 1:00 AM Pacific after this date. Festival of the Lost will end at 1:00 AM Pacific on November 8th.Eververse Trading Co.With the return of Festival of the Lost, we have received an increase in posts on the #Eververse sub-forum regarding the purchase of Silver and Silver Balances. If you believe to have encountered any issues when purchasing Silver, please see our Eververse Trading Co. Guided Support. The following are the first steps any player should take when troubleshooting a potential issue:
If you continue to experience issues with your Silver purchase, please see this page of the Eververse Trading Co. Guided Support.
- If your Silver Purchase does not appear within 10 to 15 seconds of your confirmed purchase, please attempt signing in and out of your Destiny account.
- If you receive a console error code on your PlayStation 4 of Xbox One stating that there was an issue with the Marketplace action, please wait 5 to 10 minutes to verify that your transaction has not been processed.
- If the in-game notification for your Silver Purchase does not appear, check the current Silver balance from the Vendor screen of Tess Everis to ensure your balance update is not pending.
- Speak with PlayStation Support or Xbox Support regarding the purchase in question.Destiny: Rise of Iron Known IssuesSince the release of Destiny: Rise of Iron, we have been investigating player reports of issues impacting gameplay. The following issues have been confirmed:
- SIVA Keys created by combining SIVA Key Fragments may be forwarded to the Postmaster, even when players have appropriate space within Character Inventory.
- An issue impacting some players’ ability to unlock the Student of History Trophy/Achievement also impacts the “Sigil of the Young Wolf” Emblem.As we continue to investigate these issues, we thank all who have reported to the Destiny: Rise of Iron Known Issues thread in the #Help forum.
This is the part where DeeJ usually introduces me. I think we can go ahead and skip that part.
We have a lot of good movies this week to get through. They have been pouring in on the Creations page all week. It was a tough decision on who to give the top spot too. There was an absolutely amazing display of execution and timing to overcome incredible odds. And then there was an absolutely amazing display of execution and timing to create sweet dance numbers. Even though all videos that make the list will receive this cool Emblem as a prize, there are bragging rights on the line. We went with our gut.
Movie of the Week: Aksis 1v1
Honorable Mention: Saw Something Weird on the Moon
Honorable Mention: Guardians and the Cursed Broom
In the end we had to give top honors to the gentleman who took on Aksis mano a mano. Plus, Husky Raid has already won this thing a few times.
We are not done yet. There are more unknowns to make known this year.
It’s been a fun filled week with sugary treats, spooky masks, and missing brooms.
If you see the Sweeper Bot in the Tower, please give it a hug. It’s having a real hard time while you are out performing sweet jumps on your space magic broom.