Festival of the Lost 2016 Guide
Festival of the Lost 2016
Festival of the Lost is a limited time live event available to all Destiny players on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The event will be available from October 25th, 2016 through November 8th, 2016 (1:00 AM Pacifc, 9:00 AM UTC). This event includes new Quests, Gear, and Items, along with new offerings in the Eververse Trading Co. store.
Festival of the Lost 2016 introduces several new features, some of which will remain available after the event has ended.
- New Quests - There are new Quests available during Festival of the Lost. These Quests must be started while the event is active and should be completed before the end of Festival of the Lost to ensure players receive their rewards.
- New Festival-themed Items - There are several new Festival-themed items to earn through gameplay or purchase from the Eververse Trading Co. store. These items may only be earned or purchased while the Festival of the Lost event is active.
- New and Returning Masks - This year's Festival of the Lost introduces new Masks that can be received through gameplay or from purchasing Treasures of the Lost from the Eververse Trading Co. store. Several of the Masks introduced in Festival of the Lost 2015 are also available to earn through gameplay or from purchasing Treasures of the Lost. The Blue Skull Mask from Festival of the Lost 2015 is not available to earn or purchase.
- Holiday Item Collection - A new Holiday Item Collection is now available in Tower North near the Emblem Collection. Previously acquired Masks can now be reclaimed from the Holiday Item Collection. For more information, including information on the location of the Collection, please see our Item Collections guide.
Eva Levante, the Guardian Outfitter in the Tower North, will be selling several Festival of the Lost items in exchange for Full Candy Satchels.
- Empty Candy Satchel - Players can receive an Empty Candy Satchel from Eva Levante and can hold one Candy Satchel (Full or Empty) in their Inventory at a time.
- Filling the Satchel - Players can fill their Empty Candy Satchel by defeating enemies and earning kills in the Crucible while wearing a Festival of the Lost Mask.
- Gifts of the Lost - Full Candy Satchels can be used to purchase a Mask or a Gifts of the Lost Mystery Bag from Eva Levante. This Mystery Bag contains a randomized assortment of cosmetic consumable items and a Festival-themed Shader. Players can view the full list of Guaranteed and Possible rewards for Gifts of the Lost by using the Preview button.
Tess Everis will be offering Festival-themed items during Festival of the Lost at the Eververse Trading Co. store. These items can be purchased while the event is active from any of the Eververse storefront locations in the Tower, the Reef, or the Iron Temple.
- New and Returning Festival Emotes - The Festival of the Lost 2016 introduces new Festival-themed Emotes that can be purchased directly from the Eververse Trading Co. store. Several of the Emotes from Festival of the Lost 2015 are also available for direct purchase from Eververse Trading Co.
- Treasures of the Lost - Eververse Trading Co. is once again offering the Treasures of the Lost Mystery Bag item while the Festival of the Lost event is active. This Mystery Bag contains a randomized assortment of Festival of the Lost items, including Masks, Ghosts, cosmetic consumable items, and a Sparrow. Players can view the full list of Guaranteed and Possible rewards for Treasures of the Lost by using the Preview button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Emotes that have been directly purchased from Eververse Trading Co. are eligible for a 15 minute return period before the purchase becomes final. All Consumables, Mystery Bags, or Eververse items received from them are NOT eligible for an item return. For more information, please see our Silver and Eververse Guided Support.
Festival of the Lost Vital Information
Below is a list of Vital Information players may need to know.
- Participation Requirements: All players on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles are eligible to participate in Festival of the Lost. However, some Festival of the Lost Quests require players to complete content that can only be accessed if they own Destiny: The Taken King or Destiny: Rise of Iron.
- Limited Time Event: Festival of the Lost is a limited-time live event. Some activities, Quests, and items available during the event may no longer be available to complete or use once the event has ended.
- Exotic Weapon Ornaments: During Festival of the Lost, the Exotic Weapon Ornaments for Bad Juju can be gained by opening Treasures of the Lost which are purchased from Eververse Trading Co. After the Festival of the Lost event has concluded, the Exotic Weapon Ornaments for Bad Juju will be available to be gained by opening Radiant Treasures as described in the Materials tooltip in the weapon preview for Bad Juju.
- Holiday Item Collection: At the launch of 2.4.1, the Masks available to be reacquired through the Holiday Item Collection were based on the Masks that a player had in their Inventory or Vault. If a Mask was deleted prior to this, that Mask will not be available to reacquire through the Collection until the player receives the Mask again through gameplay or purchase of a Treasure of the Lost from the Eververse Trading Co. store. For more information, please see our Item Collections guide.
- Duplicate Masks: If players receive a duplicate of one of the Masks they already have in their Inventory or unlocked in the Holiday Item Collection, they will receive a duplicate that can be dismantled into Silver Dust. Duplicate Masks can be equipped and used like other Masks. The tooltip of a duplicate Mask shows the Dismantle option. Masks that are not duplicates, will display the Scrap option in the tooltip and will not grant Silver Dust or other Materials when scrapped.
- Treasures of the Lost: Players may only purchase new Treasures of the Lost items while the Festival of the Lost event is active. After the event has ended, these items will be removed from the Eververse Trading Co. store, but any Treasures of the Lost that are still in a player's Inventory will still be available to be opened.
- Consumable Cosmetic Items: Only one consumable cosmetic item can be visible on a Character at a time. If multiple cosmetic consumables are applied to a Character, only one of the cosmetic effects will be visible.
- Festival of the Lost 2015: Rare and temporary items from Festival of the Lost 2015 were removed from player Inventories with Update 2.4.1 as they are no longer applicable to any in-game events. This included items such as Rare Quality Masks, Paper Glue, and Paper Scraps. For more information on these items and last year's live event, please see the Festival of the Lost 2015 Guided Support.
- Sparrow Horn Relays: After Update 2.4.1, the rare and temporary Sparrow Horn Relay items from Sparrow Racing League are no longer able to be used as they are no longer applicable to any in-game events. Horn Relays from the 2015 Sparrow Racing League event can safely be discarded. For more information, please see our help article.