Destiny Dev Team: Hello Destiny Community! We’re sure you've a ton of questions about Triumphs, particularity what happens to Triumphs once the content associated with them goes into the Destiny Content Vault. We’re updating how Triumphs will work going forward and want to walk you through how everything will look starting on November 10.First, the goals!
- Provide pursuits for all players.
- Provide seasonal pursuits that match each Season of Destiny.
- Provide destination pursuits for each new destination in Destiny.
- Ensure everyone can show off their accomplishments.
- Make all Triumphs have a score.
- Make sure it's clear what happens when content goes into the DCV.Hopefully this write-up will answer your questions and lead to more discussion going forward.
An Evolving WorldWe touched on this subject the last time we talked to you about Triumphs. It's critical to us that there are challenging Triumphs each Season and that only the most dedicated among you earn them all and hit the max score. (Here's looking at you, iLulu.) At the same time, it's also important that even the freshest Kinderguardian has the same chance to climb that mountain, no matter when they join the Destiny Community. Given, of course, that they put in the time and dedication for the content available to them.For Shadowkeep and the base Destiny 2 experience, we tried to do this by combing through each Triumph individually, looking to see if it was still achievable, and then taking the score away from any Triumph that could no longer be earned. While it achieved most of our goals, it didn't give you the ability to plan your attack to earn absolutely everything you wanted to and there wasn’t a good predictor on when things would go away.For us to hit our goals, we knew that we needed to make some changes with how we are delivering Triumphs to players.
An Evolving Set of Triumphs for an Evolving WorldWhat are we going to do?
- Reorganize Triumphs to make them more compatible with our evolving world.
- Create a Career Score that that represents the totality of what you've done in Destiny 2.
- Create an Active Score, for the things that can be done now in the live game.
- Focus our generic Triumphs into a leaner lifetime set, that covers the basics of being a Guardian.
- Organize the rest of Triumphs around Seasons and destinations.
- Track the history of what you've done as Legacy Triumphs.
- Beyond Light will include a set of Triumphs that targets this year's destination, Europa.
- These Triumphs all have score.
- They include the content on the destination (story missions, strike, raid, Lost Sectors, and, yes, even some secrets).
- There will be a Set of Triumphs that targets Season 12's content.
- The Triumphs will all have score.
- We like the pattern of rewarding Seasonal currency for completing these Triumphs, and will continue to do so.
- These Triumphs will stick around for as long as the Seasonal content does.
- While active, seasonal Triumph score will still contribute to your active score.
- When the Seasonal content is no longer available, the Seasonal set moves under Legacy Triumphs.
- They no longer contribute to your Active Score.
- They will still contribute to your Career Score.
- The Lifetime set will be about teaching players all the things you can do in Destiny.
- These will mostly target new players as they join our ranks.
- They will focus on helping players explore Destiny's sandbox and game modes.
- If new systems are added to the game, this pool will grow.(Sharp eyes will notice that we've moved Medals, Catalysts, and Lore off into their own sections, but more on that later.)
You keep saying 'Legacy Triumphs.' What is that?
- For this year:
- In game, we'll remember your total Triumph score and display it on the updated Triumphs screen.
- In game, we'll remember every Triumph that contributed to a Seal and display them under Legacy Triumphs.
- In game, we'll let you browse through the Seals under Legacy Triumphs.
- You'll be able to equip the Titles you've earned going forward.
- We'll have a demonstration set targeting the Leviathan that shows how this works.
- We've stored the completion state of every Triumph you've finished (or not) even for Triumphs no longer displayed in game. Work is ongoing to flesh out the categories those Triumphs live in.
- Going forward, when content moves to the Destiny Content Vault, Triumph sets that are no longer earnable will become Legacy Triumphs.
- Legacy Triumphs will contribute to your Career Score, but not your Active Score.
What about the things that can still be earned after November 10?
- We'll break out the Luna, Dreaming City, Tangled Shore, EDZ, and Nessus Triumphs into their own destination sets, and keep them available and contributing to your Active Triumph score.
- We'll move your progress into any Triumph that still exists.
- In some cases, we've reduced the size of the Triumph sets to make this easier to understand for new players (Gambit, Crucible, Vanguard).
- In other cases, we've increased the size of the set and added rewards (Lifetime set).
Does this mean some Seals may no longer be earnable?Yes. With a bunch of content going into the DCV, there are Seals and their corresponding Titles that will no longer be earnable when Beyond Light is released.
- Earnable in Beyond Light:
- Crucible - Unbroken
- Gambit - Dredgen
- Flawless - Flawless
- Conqueror - Conqueror
- Shadowkeep - Harbinger
- Garden of Salvation - Enlightened
- The Dreaming City - Cursebreaker
- The Last Wish - Rivensbane
- Beyond Light - [redacted]
- Season 12 - [redacted]
- Moved to Legacy in Beyond Light (and no longer earnable):
- A Shadow Rises - Shadow
- Reckoner - Reckoner
- Black Armory - Blacksmith
- Destinations - Wayfarer
- Lore - Chronicler
- Season 5 through Season 11 titles
What were you saying about medals, catalysts, and lore moving?
- Medals and catalysts will now have their own sections to make them more visible and easier to keep track of.
- Lore will also have its own section and a brand-new UI to show off the book covers and improve the reading experience.
- All lore up through Season of Arrivals will be available to all players. The game will still show how many of the pages you earned, but everyone will be able to read everything now.
- So if you want to see X out of X pages earned - go earn any missing lore pages before the end of the season as well.
- New lore will be unlocked through Triumphs going forward and eventually made available to everyone when they become Legacy Triumphs.Well, there you go. We know it's a lot to absorb, but we think this moves us much closer to our goals of providing interesting and compelling pursuits Season over Season and year over year, while letting everyone participate. Please share any questions or feedback you have on the new Triumph plan in all the usual places.
Iron Banner and Bonus ValorBegins: 10 AM PDT on September 8Ends: 10 AM PDT on September 15
UPDATE 2.9.2On Tuesday, September 8, Update 2.9.2 will be available to players. Below is a timeline of Destiny 2 maintenance for Update 2.9.2:
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 service maintenance begins.
- 9:45 AM PDT (1645 UTC): Destiny 2 is taken offline on all platforms.
- 10 AM PDT (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 2.9.2 begins rolling out across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2 at 10:01 AM PDT.
- 10:01 AM PDT (1701 UTC): Destiny 2 is back online on all platforms.
- 12 PM PDT (1900 UTC): Destiny 2 service maintenance concludes.For future release timelines when they are available, players should visit our Destiny Server and Update Status help article. For live updates as this maintenance occurs, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor our support feed at help.bungie.net.
SEALEDWith the start of Year 4 on November 10, certain Seals and their associated Titles will no longer be available to earn. Players will need to be sure to unlock and equip the following Titles before this date to guarantee that the completions are recorded on their accounts:A Shadow Rises - ShadowReckoner - ReckonerBlack Armory - BlacksmithDestinations - WayfarerLore - ChroniclerArrivals – ForerunnerFor more info on Legacy Titles and Seals players should view our Year 4 Triumphs Update Help article.
SOLSTICE BRIGHT DUSTPlayers impacted by the Week 2 Solstice of Heroes bounties issue were granted their missing Bright Dust on Monday, August 31. However, there was a delay in the accompanying in-game message for many players. Players who see this message will have already had their missing Bright Dust added to their account.
KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- Player can’t type Korean Hangul characters into the game chat.
- The Light and Dark Solstice weekly bounty says it requires elemental final blows in Gambit, when it actually requires elemental final blows against opposing Guardians in Gambit.
- The Omega Mechanos Hunter Mask is missing its gold accents.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.