Destiny Server and Update Status
Occasionally, Destiny may be brought offline for scheduled or emergency maintenance, or to update the game to address gameplay issues or add in-game features. Please see below for information on upcoming Server Maintenance or Destiny Updates.
Destiny Update Timeline
Destiny is scheduled to receive Hotfix 18.104.22.168 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles on: Tuesday 2/14/2017.
|10:00 AM Pacific (06:00 PM UTC)||
|02:00 PM Pacific (10:00 PM UTC)|
Server Maintenance and Downtime Timeline
There is currently Destiny Server Maintenance scheduled for: Wednesday 02/15/2017.
|09:00 AM Pacific (05:00 PM UTC)||
|05:00 PM Pacific (01:00 AM UTC)|
- No Downtime Expected: There is expected to be minimal player impact during this Server Maintenance. Players who are returned to the title screen should be able to resume uninterrupted gameplay after logging back in. Players who encounter other issues should report them to the #Help forum. This Server Maintenance will not introduce any content or changes to Destiny.
Below is information on Destiny Updates or Server Maintenance that players may find helpful:
BungieHelp Twitter: On days in which Destiny is receiving an Update or Server Maintenance, players can follow @BungieHelp on Twitter for updates on the process and timeline for the server maintenance or update deployment.
Destiny Companion: Sign-in functionality and Destiny Companion services on the Mobile App and Bungie.net may be restricted during the maintenance window. Additionally, the Vendor pages in the Destiny Companion on Bungie.net and the Mobile App may be temporarily unavailable when Destiny is undergoing maintenance and updating.
- Interrupting Downloads: Some consoles will attempt to verify all previously downloaded content before downloading a Destiny updates. If any issues are found, or the verification process is interrupted, all previous content will be deleted and downloaded once more. For more information, please see our Updating Destiny Guide.
- Connectivity Issues: Players encountering connectivity issues after maintenance has concluded, or that are unable to log in to Destiny when there is no planned maintenance impacting Destiny services, may need to attempt basic connectivity troubleshooting such asclearing their console cache, power cycling their network hardware, or reading through the Network Troubleshooting Guide.
- Maintenance Notification: Players signed in shortly before maintenance will receive notice via in-game messaging that a maintenance will be starting soon.
- Error Code Sheep: Players may encounter the SHEEP error code when they attempt to join a Fireteam in which any member has not updated to the latest version of Destiny. To resolve this issue, please have all players close Destiny and install the latest update.
- Legacy Consoles: Destiny will remain on Update 22.214.171.124 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Legacy Consoles. For more information on Destiny Updates availability on Legacy Consoles, please see our Legacy Consoles Guided Support.
- Update Notes: Full notes for each new update and for previous updates can be viewed on the Game Updates pages.
Hard Drive Requirements: Players should ensure they have the proper amount of console storage space available to complete the full installation process. For more information, please see the Console Storage Space guide.
- Update Name: Some consoles may display a different name for the update than the one listed above.