This Week At Bungie – 11/14/2019
A Global Community
“Bonjour", Guardians! Epyon here. I'm the French Community Manager, which means that not only will I have the pleasure to serve the Guardians from France, but also to provide proper bread to Dmg04. And when I say "proper bread", I obviously mean "French bread". Beside all the usual French clichés, what can I tell you? Until very recently, I was a journalist, working at Jeuxvideo.com, the main video game media here in France. Among many other things, I've been reporting on Bungie and Destiny for more than six years now, which is pretty amazing given that this is mostly because of another Bungie creation that I once chose to write about. You know, that big dude with the green armor, who blows up ring worlds... I also had the privilege to co-host the French version of Fireteam Chat ("Escouade Chat" in French). And because it seems that I never had enough of Bungie, I even wrote a book that came out last year. And now, this? Joining Bungie? Life's crazy, friends.My dear fellow French Guardians: we'll have many things to talk about in the coming weeks and months. I know you're all over the internet, gathered through Facebook groups, Discord channels, and so on. I'll come and find you, wherever you are to talk with you, and hear what you have to say about the game we all love so much. In the same time, be sure to make Bungie.net's forum your home. At least, another one. Use the checkbox, choose "French" as your language, and... "voilà !" I'll be there, reading, answering, and amplifying your voice at the studio. No matter what, don't hesitate to hit me up on Twitter (@Epyonzilla). Even if you're a Hunter or a Warlock.
Préparatifs pour la semaine prochaine... Brise-soleil prêt au combat ! pic.twitter.com/6RLBORMH4j— Loïc Ralet / Epyon (@Epyonzilla) November 13, 2019See you starside!
Hi folks! My name is Maurice and I’ll be taking care of the German-speaking part of our community from now on. Some of you might know me as the former editor-in-chief and host of Inside PlayStation, and as one of the more vocal Destiny fans in the German games media. Being able to join Bungie as a dedicated Community Manager for the German-speaking audience is a bigger deal than it might seem at first glance: DACH-Guardians (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) have traditionally been participating in the community by joining the English subreddit and organizing splinter-groups on other platforms. Our community has been all over the place, so to speak. I’ll be visiting you where you like to gather, but I’ll also be establishing a unified clubhouse that doesn’t come with a language barrier. If this is something you would like to participate in (sorry for the technical discourse), make sure to choose German as your language on your Bungie.net account, go to the forums and untick the English checkbox. And bitteschön: You’re now part of the club! Direct line to the studio and all.
just leaving this here... pic.twitter.com/5ebOZ8b9OO— Maurice Zerjav (@Maurice_BNG) November 13, 2019There will be many things for me to figure along the way and I encourage you to do your part by letting me know how I can serve you best, and where my attention might be needed. Just use the forums or hit me up on Twitter @Maurice_BNG. Let’s build this thing together, one step at a time. As you might imagine I am over the Moon right now. And on it – chasing that Undying title. To quote an old friend of mine: THIS IS AMAZING!!!
- A sense of tremendous achievement
- A sense of belonging
- Devastated or heartbroken
- Utter domination
- A human connection
- Like laughing until you cried
- The moment you knew you loved this game!
- Changed the effects of Master of Arms:
- Removed the precision damage modifier
- Recluse will continue to receive a damage bonus from Master of Arms, but damage will not default to precision values when the perk activates
- Changed the effects of Vengeance
- Removed the overshield granted from defeating an opponent that inflicted damage on you
- Increased PvE damage by +50%
- Ammo pulled from PvP crates has been increased to 4/6 from 3/4 from shared and solo Heavy ammo crates, respectively
Time Never Stops
FINAL WEEK: Festival of the Lost 2019At the weekly reset this upcoming Tuesday, November 19, Festival of the Lost 2019 will conclude.Players have until then to unlock the Braytech Werewolf, earn masks, and brush their teeth (or mastication module). From that point onward, the Haunted Forest will become unavailable and Eva Levante will once again depart from the Tower.Also of note, during this final week Eva Levante is selling Festival Charms. For two hours after a Festival Charm is consumed, players will receive an increased number of Chocolate Strange Coins for activity completions.For more information on this event, players should visit our official Festival of the Lost Guide.Stadia and Cross SaveAlso next week, Destiny 2: The Collection goes live with the launch of Stadia.In the meantime, we recommend that players who wish to bring their existing Destiny 2 characters to the Stadia platform prepare Cross Save now. Once Stadia is live, players will need to link their Stadia account to their Bungie profile, and confirm that they wish for the account to be Cross Saved.For more information, players should visit our Cross Save page.ONE MONTH LEFT: Season of the UndyingAs of this week, players have roughly one month left before Season of the Undying concludes.Players who wish to unlock Seasonal ranks, Triumphs, and/or exclusive gear need to do so before maintenance begins on Tuesday, December 10.We’d also like to take this opportunity to make players aware that, if incomplete, the following pursuits will be removed from players’ inventories once this season concludes:
- Season 8: First Watch (Vanguard)
- Season 8: Battle Drills (Crucible)
- Season 8: Keepin’ On (Gambit)For more information on what’s specific to Season of the Undying, players should see our overview page.Destiny 2 Known IssuesListed below are emergent issues being investigated in Destiny 2.
- Players who Cross Save to a platform where they do not own Forsaken may lose access to the exotic quest for Malfeasance when they defeat the Ascendant Primeval Servitor.
- The “complete ten legendary frames” steps for the Jötunn and Le Monarque Exotic quests is currently only counting curated weapon drops from Black Armory forges.
- The weekly Vanguard Strike challenge says that players must “complete Vanguard bounties during the week”. This is not true. Players must complete Vanguard Strikes with an equipped subclass that matches that week’s elemental singe modifier.