Festival of the Lost is a limited-time Live Event in Destiny 2 where Guardians laugh in the face of death and wear masks as they fight back against the darkness. Festival of the Lost begins on October 16, 2018 and ends at the weekly reset on November 6, 2018.
While all players are invited to participate in Festival of the Lost, some activities and rewards may not be available to players who do not meet the following requirements:
- Complete the Red War campaign
For Destiny 2 purchase options, players should visit: destinythegame.com/buy
Festival of the Lost Rewards and Triumphs
In order to participate in Festival of the Lost players who have completed the Red War campaign and unlocked the Tower must first speak with Amanda Holliday in the Tower Hangar.
After completing Amanda's introductory quest, players will be granted access to explore the Haunted Forest. Players who explore the Haunted Forest will earn Fragmented Souls, which can be turned in to Amanda Holliday for Festival of the Lost rewards. For information on Festival of the Lost rewards, players should visit Amanda Holliday in the Tower Hangar.
Additionally, in Festival of the Lost are new Triumphs which award players with Festival of the Lost-themed rewards. These triumphs can be found by opening the character menu, tabbing left to Triumphs, selecting Events, then finally Festival of the Lost. These Triumphs are as follows:
- Lost in the Forest
- Complete all Festival of the Lost Triumphs.
- Awards the Dark Prince mask.
- We Came, We Saw, We Survived
- Complete the Festival of the Lost milestone.
- Acquire Festival of the Lost masks from Amanda Holliday.
- Awards the Amaranth Atrocity shader.
- Masks x/7
- Lucid Dreamer
- Fully unlock all perks on Festival of the Lost masks.
- Winged Terror
- Vampiric Touch
- Energetic Assassin
- This is my Story
- Acquire the exclusive Festival of the Lost weapon.
- A Bounty A Day
- Complete Festival of the Lost daily bounties.
- Bounties Completed x/40
- You Don't Scare Me
- Defeat Nightmares in the Haunted Forest.
- Awards the Nightmare's End emblem.
- Nightmare's defeated x/100
- Seventh Branch
- Cleared the seventh branch in the Haunted Forest.
- Awards the Deep in the Woods emblem.
Players have until the end of Festival of the Lost to complete these Triumphs. Once Festival of the Lost concludes they will no longer be eligible for progress, and incomplete Triumphs will be hidden.
In addition to Festival of the Lost rewards from Amanda Holliday and Festival of the Lost Triumphs, players will earn an Ephemeral Engram every time they fill their XP bar after achieving the max character level. This engram will be earned in addition to the Steadfast Engram, awarding players double Bright engrams for the duration of Festival of the Lost.
For information on Ephemeral Engrams and other Eververse bundles, players should visit Tess Everis in the Tower Courtyard in-game.
The Haunted Forest
Once players have completed the introductory quest available from Amanda Holliday, they will be granted access to the Haunted Forest. The Haunted Forest takes place in the Infinite Forest on Mercury, however Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris is not required to access this activity.
In order to launch into the Haunted Forest after it has been unlocked players must select the Haunted Forest node in the Tower destination map. Before launching, players may choose between two versions of the Haunted Forest:
- Haunted Forest - Minimum Recommended Power 200
- This standard version of the Haunted Forest features matchmaking, and will pair players until a Fireteam of three has been assembled.
- Firewalled Haunted Forest - Minimum Recommended Power 200
- In this version of the Haunted Forest, matchmaking is disabled. Players may enter the Haunted Forest solo, or with a pre-made Fireteam, but no additional team members will be matchmade into this activity.
Once players have entered the Haunted Forest, they will have 15 minutes to clear branches, defeat Nightmares, and collect Fragmented Souls. Players may then turn in Fragmented Souls to Amanda Holliday in the Tower Hangar for Festival of the Lost rewards.
Festival of the Lost Vital Information and Known Issues
For the latest information on known issues discovered in Festival of the Lost, players should look for our Vital Information thread in the #Help forum
- Five Glow Bright Bundle: Players that purchase the Five Glow Bright Bundle may encounter an issue with received items properly displaying in the loot stream. Depending on the inventory space a player has available, they may notice that some of the received items do not show up in the loot stream. This is only an issue with the UI display. Players will receive all items from the bundle either in their Inventory or Postmaster.
Back to Top