This Week At Bungie – 11/19/2020
On Your Marks. Get Set. Raid.
- Contest Mode will cap all players at 20 Power below each encounter for 24 hours.
- Artifact Power will be disabled during Contest Mode.
- Your team’s Power Cap goal is 1230 for all the encounters.
- Being above 1230 will not provide any additional advantage in the final fight.
World First Raid Title (don’t call it a belt)The first Fireteam of 6 to complete the Deep Stone Crypt raid will be declared World First by Bungie from @Bungie on Twitter after verification from our analytics team. Official rules can be found here.Day 1 Raid EmblemComplete the Raid within 24 hours with Contest Mode active (by 10 AM PST on Nov 22) to unlock this unique emblem.Jacket Quest: Parka EditionComplete the raid by 9AM PST on December 1 to unlock the Bungie Rewards Deep Stone Crypt Raid Jacket for purchase.Additionally, there are two deadlines that players should be aware of:
- Deadline to Claim Reward Code: December 31, 2020 9 AM PST
- Deadline to Purchase: December 31, 2020 11:59 PM PST
- Have you gotten your Power high enough?
- Do you have your raid team assembled?
- Are you prepared for battle?
- …and for those of you who may not be racing, who will you be watching?
Securing the Entrance
What is SMS verification?Bungie is implementing a quick account validation step for free-to-play players who want to access our high-stakes PvP modes in Destiny 2 on PC. Free-to-play accounts (PC only) will need to link and verify a cell phone number to their accounts via Bungie.net before being able to access those activities.What activities are high-stakes?Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, and Competitive PvP playlists are examples. As this feature rolls out, we will be looking to how it can grow, and potentially expanding it to alternate activities in the future.Why are we doing this?Unscrupulous players can negatively impact everyone’s gameplay experience and undermine the hard-earned achievements of others. Bungie takes the threat of cheating seriously. We will continue implementing systems to help verify that accounts engaging in Destiny 2 activities are honoring our Code of Conduct and Terms of Service.What do you need to do?If you are a free-to-play Destiny 2 PC player you will receive a notice in-game the first time you try to access a protected activity. This will provide you with a “Verify Now” link to follow to Bungie.net and process your SMS linking. When you enter your cell phone number and request a verification code you will receive a quick text message with “Bungie Code: ######”. Once you enter that code on the Bungie.net page to complete your verification process you can sign back into the game to get immediate access to the activity you want to play.
Game2Give 2020 Fundraising Campaign – Light Keepers
Bungie Foundation: Gear up for our second annual Game2Give charity event in support of the Bungie Foundation and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, benefitting sick kids across the country. We invite the Bungie Community to join us in celebration of what we can accomplish together through games and giving.Starting today, we invite all of our Bungie Community members to sign up to host your own Destiny 2 fundraising stream between December 1 and December 13. We have some incredible prizes for you all at various fundraising milestones.On Giving Tuesday, December 1 at 10 AM PST, we’ll be kicking off a 24-hour streaming marathon with some of your favorite influencers from a variety of channels including Twitch and Facebook Gaming. We’ll have featured live streams taking place throughout the entire 2-week campaign, so be sure to follow us @BungieLove to receive the latest information!We are excited to share the sweet prizes we have to thank our donors for their amazing contributions to help kids. Check them out:Donation Incentives
- A $25 donation will earn you the 2019 Mist Blossoms Emblem and Gilded Shell Exotic Ghost.
- If you missed them last year, this is your chance to get your hands on them!
- A $50 donation will earn you the above items, plus the new Light Keepers Emblem.
- A $100 donation will earn you the three items above and will enter you to win an item from the Bungie Prize Pool. Prizes include GameStop/EB Games gift cards (U.S. and Canada only), Destiny 2: Beyond Light Digital Deluxe Editions, and Destiny 2: Beyond Light Physical Deluxe Editions.Best of all, 100% of donations go directly to the charities. All in-game digital incentives will be automatically redeemed via donors’ Bungie.net ID and will appear in the Destiny 2 Collections tab on or after Tuesday, December 1.This year, we have also partnered with the online fundraising platform Omaze. Gamers from around the world can enter for their chance to win $20,000 to create the ultimate gaming rig and support this fundraising initiative! More details will come leading up to our campaign’s launch.As we head into the holiday season, we want to extend our heartfelt gratitude for each and every one of you, who continue to bring smiles, joy, and hope for Little Lights everywhere. We hope you see yourself reflected in this mantra and hold it dear.We are Light KeepersThose who dare to ignite hope in the face of uncertaintyBy our united, global passion we protect those in needMaking a lasting difference for the Little Lights around the worldWe are Light KeepersLove,The Bungie Foundation
Tuning the Darkness
Development Team: We have seen a lot of feedback on Stasis since Beyond Light launched last week. We’ve heard it’s a ton of fun to use, but certain aspects of this new subclass can be frustrating to go up against (looking at you, Shadebinder Warlocks). We have a few minor tweaks planned to go out in Hotfix 22.214.171.124 this week. Our goal here is to do some early tuning to rein Shadebinders back in while still maintaining their overall efficacy and power fantasy.Stasis Changes:
- Stasis Breakout Damage reduced (110->90hp).
- Adjusted the curve that reduces breakout damage using resilience.
- Increased the damage reduction effect resilience has so that higher tiers of Resilience are more valuable.
- Caps out at 90 Resilience.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock Melee) projectile speed reduced by 20%.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock Melee) range reduced (was 28m now 16m).
- Winter Wrath (Stasis Warlock Super) duration reduced (30s -> 24s).
- Winters Wrath Light Attack (Stasis Warlock Super) cost reduced (5% per burst -> 4.5% per burst).
- Cold Snap seeker speed reduced by 23%.Against Guardians:
- Cold Snap freeze duration lowered (4.75s -> 1.35s).
- Ice Flare Bolts freeze duration lowered (4.75s -> 1.35s).
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock Melee) freeze duration lowered (4.75s -> 1.35s).
- Winters Wrath Heavy attack (Stasis Warlock Super) no longer affects players who are not encased.With all that said, we believe strongly in the “cosmic ice” wizard fantasy in PvE so we’re trying to target changes where we can towards the PvP experience specifically. With Stasis we’ve tried to push the sandbox in new directions and that increases the likelihood we introduce something spicier than normal.When it comes to crafting new abilities, we believe the risk of shipping something a little hot is better than playing it safe and shipping something that doesn’t get you excited. As always, we’re going to be using data, playtesting, and feedback to help refine our direction and we’re going to keep responding. This will not be the last change to Stasis this Season. As we get closer to future changes, we’ll make another appearance in the TWAB for a patch note preview.Thanks for playing, and we’ll see you out there in the wild.
Let’s Talk Loot
Development Team: As Beyond Light has launched we've been tracking your feedback around loot, particularly weapons, and wanted to take a moment to let you know how we are processing it. Today we're going to talk mostly about the short-term, with more information to follow in the future around the long-term as we work through those problems.Infusion caps are intended to help keep Destiny 2 evolving and ensure that every release the new rewards are exciting and relevant to the meta. However, we agree with your feedback that there’s currently not enough variety in the world loot weapons available to players this season.To that end we are adding back in a selection of weapons that will help alleviate this issue. We will also be watching to see how the landscape changes with the addition of weapons from Season 12 and this week’s Raid launch. We also agree that getting near-cap weapons from random world drops is frustrating. Thus, we are removing those from the pool, and are weighting drops more heavily towards newer weapons.Here’s a list of adjustments to the world loot legendary weapons pool you’ll see with our November 24 hotfix:
- Remove all legendary weapons that hit their infusion cap at the end of this season
- Add all of the Seventh Seraph weapons from Season 10
- Add all of the Season 11 seasonal and planetary reprisal weapons
- Weight drop chances so the newer an item is, the more likely it is to drop.
While we are not yet ready to dive into the long-term strategy yet, we are listening to feedback and watching how the player build landscape evolves over these first few weeks of Beyond Light, and incorporating that feedback as we plan out future Seasons.
Bashing Some Bugs
Today, November 19, maintenance for Hotfix 126.96.36.199 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- November 19, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance for Hotfix 188.8.131.52 begins.
- November 19, 8:45 AM PST (1645 UTC): Players will be removed from activities and won't be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST when Hotfix 184.108.40.206 will be available.
- November 19, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Hotfix 220.127.116.11 has begun rolling out across all platforms and regions. Players will now be able to log back into Destiny 2. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- November 19 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 Maintenance is expected to conclude.HUNT OR BE HUNTEDThis week, Season of the Hunt activities and story content unlocked for Season Pass owners. In order to access the Season intro mission, players should make sure to have completed the initial Forsaken and Shadowkeep story missions, which are free to all players.Players should also make sure to have space in their quest inventory prior to interacting with Spider or the Crow in order to acquire Seasonal quests.For more information on Season of the Hunt, please follow this link to our Season of the Hunt Guide.ARTIFACT PICKUPWe are currently investigating an issue causing players who acquired the Seasonal Artifact before completing the full New Light Tower introduction to be blocked from progressing in the Season of the Hunt story and missions.New Light players should be sure to complete the full Tower introduction prior to picking up the Seasonal Artifact from Zavala’s office.We are continuing to monitor for reports of veteran players encountering this issue. If you believe you've been impacted by this issue and are not a New Light player, please report to the #Help forum.DESTINY ADD-ONSPlayers who encounter issues with their Season Pass, expansions, or Beyond Light Character Boost are encouraged to view our Purchased Destiny Add-Ons Help article for information and troubleshooting steps they can take. Click here for more information.PC MIGRATION AND BATTLE.NET LOGIN ENDING SOONBeginning on December 1, 2020, at 9 AM PST, logging in using Blizzard Battle.net accounts will no longer be possible on Bungie.net or the Destiny Companion app, nor will users be able to migrate their Battle.net account to Steam.Users who only have a Battle.net account linked to their Bungie profile are strongly encouraged to either link another platform to their profile, or to perform PC migration to Steam (unless you already have a Destiny 2 Steam account). Click here for more information.KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- We’ve identified an issue where the Vanguard strike Playlist difficulty was unintentionally set to 1100 Power.
- We are developing a fix to reduce the Recommended Power of Vanguard strikes Playlist to 1050.
- The Exo Stranger’s weekly challenge is mistranslated in languages other than English – players need to defeat combatants with or affected by Stasis off of Europa.
- Sparrows on Europa are not properly despawning.
- Meleeing as a Titan while using the Stasis subclass can result in a visual of multiple rapid punches.
- The lift tubes in the Warden of Nothing strike can close before all fireteam members are successfully through.
- The lift tubes in the Warden of Nothing strike fully drain Super energy.
- The Warsat Heroic Public Event in the Mothyards of the Cosmodrome doesn’t count completions for objectives.
- Yellow subtitles will appear as white even when the yellow option is selected.
- The Braytech RWP Mk. II no longer appears as owned in Collections for some players.
- High value target reward chests do not grant the proper amount of Glimmer.
- The holograms on the Stella Incognita bond and Bond of Last Departure ornament bounce aggressively.
- The eyes on the Phenotype Plasticity Mask no longer glow red.
- Adored cannot be reacquired from Collections.
- In-game PlayStation friends lists are missing large amounts of online friends.
- Player heads may not render when inspecting players in the Tower.
- Later Crucible rounds may display an inaccurate round timer.
- Vest of the Great Hunt clips through the Moonfang-X7 Cloak.
- The Titan Shiver Strike and Glacial Quake melee have inconsistent hit registration.
- Reaching Power Level 1200 may result in a “New Adventure” popup even though Adventures are no longer available.
- An incorrect amount of Orbs of Power may drop than what is displayed to have dropped when defeating enemies with a Masterworked weapon.
- In Survival, players may not enter into overtime when both teams have an equal amount of lives remaining.
- PlayStation Remote Play controls may no longer function for some players.
- Mida Mini-Tool and Drang cannot accept ornaments for their Baroque versions.
- Fallen Empire and Stasis Fragment quests can be purchased even with a full quest inventory.
- Participant kill audio plays in the Crucible even when not involved in a player kill.
- An increase in ARUGULA errors for players completing the Beyond Light campaign.
- In the Insight Terminus strike, Kargen will continuously perform ground slams and not allow players to progress past the conflux space.
- Combat Drill bounties say they require Clash kills, but actually requires kills in Elimination.
- Players may be directed to reacquire the Seasonal Artifact from Zavala’s office when they already have it in their inventories.
- The Garden of Salvation and Crown of Sorrow Warlock armor sets are not visible in Collections.
- The Unsecured/Outcry ship has the rocket engine effects floating behind the ship model.
An Artistic Touch
GO BEYOND THE LIGHT! Hope you like my Beyond Light poster! ❄️👾🖌#Destiny2 #BeyondLight #destinythegame #DestinyArt #xbox #XboxSeriesX #SeriesX #PlayStation #ps5 #Halo #Commission pic.twitter.com/vz7powNNPp— jack 🎨 (@jackdrawss) November 14, 2020
ローンチおめ！(再掲) pic.twitter.com/I31Q2e3ARk— 𝙏𝘼𝙈𝘼𝙈𝙄❄️ (@tmaaaaa3) November 11, 2020
...wait, I'll more than likely see you on Saturday for a raid race. Either way, I hope you are in good health, and wish you a good weekend.