Title does the heavy lifting here for an introduction.
I just came across the video My Name Is Byf published on his YouTube channel regarding the resurgence/revival coming to Destiny 2, and the sheer amount of receptivity that the new leadership at Bungie has for listening to the community and giving us what we've been asking for is fantastic!
I stopped playing back during the season a few years back focused on nautical-themed story. FOMO was taking it's toll and I couldn't grind anymore. I stepped away because it was taking too much time from me, and my desire to see the storyline unfold before it was sunset by the dev team led to some toxic habits on my part. With the game now on track to remove ALL content from its sunset status and be available again, I'd be more than happy to reinstall and get back into the game at a more moderate pace!
My only problem is, I'm limited to playing games on my Steam Deck right now. As most people who've asked the question know, Bungie doesn't like messing with Linux. This means I'm either limited to installing a Windows partition on a microSD card purely for D2, or simply accepting that this is no longer a game I can play. I'd like to think this new leadership team would be willing to talk to the Valve team in charge of anticheat software for their systems and work out a solution that could allow users like me to play on our Steam Decks. In fact, working closely with the Valve team for SteamOS access exclusively as a means to get the Bungie devs toes in the water may not be the worst approach. Steam Deck player counts prove that it's a growing marketspace that is completely untapped right now, and with a little elbow grease it could bring a whole collection of ex-Guardians and new players into the fold (who may be at this moment attempting to scratch that unique Destiny gunplay itch with the Borderlands series or Warframe, IYKYK).
What do you guys think? Any chance appealing to broader market access could potentially solve the "no Linux ever" Bungie situation, or am I too blinded by the Light?
[spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been updated with tags that are more appropriate.
Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic, for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
-
Battleye the anti-cheat in D2 works on Linux. Bungie just needs to allow us in. I want to play on my Steam Deck yeah but my gaming PC is also on CatchyOS Linux, I just want to keep playing.