JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Information
The Item Equip functionality is temporarily disabled in the official Destiny Companion and third-party applications. Players may still equip items in-game. For more information, please click here.

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by ShadowSniper220: 4/30/2015 10:19:13 AM

Destiny Says NAT Type 3, PS4 Status Says NAT Type 2

I'm trying to play Iron Banner seriously for the first time, and only this week has Destiny been telling me my NAT is Type 3 when I log in. I got through all 3 nightfalls this week noticing no issues. I have never had an issue with NAT settings before. I have had the game , and my PS4, port forwarded since launch, and never had anything other than NAT Type 2. I'm worried that this "Type 3" nonsense would affect my online gaming, as every Iron Banner match I've played this week always had one or two people who have really bad connections and lag when I'm fighting them, and am afraid it's setting me up with them because Destiny says I have Type 3. Running a network test on my PS4 Settings say NAT Type 2, every time. What I want to know is if this is something that needs to be addressed, or trust that PSN knows my NAT Type better than Destiny. Are the players with bad connections every game just a thing in Destiny? Forgive me for not knowing if it is, as I play mainly for PvE and haven't touched Crucible in months. Got to rank 3 though, w00t.
English
#Help #Networking

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Not only one.. it started doing this to me today. ive always been nat type 2 as i do not want to be open type 1 and yet its saying im type 3. im also being booted out of the servers alot too. both destiny AND psn ....so either destiny issue , PS issue or both.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

4 Replies
    • Edited by Coinup: 1/12/2016 2:04:19 PM
      This is happening to me as well. PS4 and my router says NAT2. Destiny says NAT3. Obiovusly the problem is on Destiny side. I've noticed that if I do the following steps the message is not showing: start the game DONT press x to begin connection, stay in the title screen press PS button and navigate the ps menu to settings->network. Leave destiny running in the background. Now select the Network check operation. wait for the PS to complete the check. Verify that it says NAT2. After the check is complete hit circle to go back to main menu Hit PS button again and get back to destiny now hit X button and let the game connect. doing like this i'm not gettin the NAT3 message. Maybe you can try if it works for you.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • Ok so i've been playing on ps3 since Destiny launched, I'm no stranger to NAT and port forwarding/triggering and i have NEVER had this issue because i have all the right ports forwarded and my ps3 says nat type 2. I got a Ps4 on Xmas and booted up Destiny for the first time on it the next day. I noticed that my Taken King expansion didnt carry over like everything else (lame) so i decided to power on my PS3 and play it on there. Now all of a sudden I get the NAT type 3 message on Destiny on PS3 when i never had it before. PS3 itself still says NAT type 2, and i dont receive the message at all on my PS4. So i decided to open everything through my modem and router temporarily to see if I can make it go away.....message is still there. I think its safe to say that this is an issue on Bungie's side, as everything thing else has been eliminated and my network is dangerously wide open for now, exposed to threats...because Destiny is still broken...yet i have to buy another expansion of broken merchandise for my PS4. Well played Bungie...Well played.

Posting in language:

• I'm still occasionally seeing this message when I log in and it's ridiculous. There's no good reason to use Nat 1 ever - Nat 2 is just as good but actually secure - with NAT 1 you're basically inviting anyone and everyone onto your network which in this day and age, no f'ing thank you. Ever since one of the early PS4 updates PSN has been rather screwy - I see a lot of people reporting issues that their PS4 can't break 25 mbps - mine rarely does, at most I top out around 30 but it hovers around 26 most of the time when I should be getting 50. Not that it matters that much since all it takes is 1 lagging asshole to ruin a game of crucible (which apparently there are far too many of). Just wondering if there's any practical fix to this, I'm at the point where I have to put Destiny down before either my controller meets my TV or I have a heart attack from raging too hard and I assure you I'm perfectly fit and fine - just beyond tired of always seemingly playing by a different set of rules and norms than everyone else like headshots that magically turn into body shots and shotguns that shoot lemons instead of bullets.

Posting in language:

• Hi Cosmo -- Sorry to hear about the network troubles. I would highly suggest checking out our [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11931]NAT Guide[/url] in an attempt to get your NAT to Open (Type 1).

Posting in language:

7 Replies
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon