This Week At Bungie – 10/24/2019
Continue the Momentum
- Instant Respawn Times
- Out of the fight? No problem; drop right back in immediately
- Weapon Damage Increased
- Higher combat lethality
- Everything in your arsenal is a contender
- Ability Regen Requires Effort
- Defeat enemy players to charge your melee, grenade, and Super
- No Tracker
- Sneak around your enemies for some sweet flanks
- Amped Control
- Zones capture faster and grant more bonus points per kill
- Super Charged Supers
- Increased damage resist in Super means you become the 1,000-pound gorilla
- Be careful, because Heavy weapons will put you down quickly
- The Heaviest of Ammo
- Increased Heavy ammo respawn rates and drop amounts
Destiny Dev Team:As always, we start with the goals:
- Provide more tiers of pursuit for players
- Provide Seasonal pursuits that match each Season of Destiny
- Ensure everyone has a chance to show off their accomplishments
What’s in a Triumph Tier?Starting with Shadowkeep, individual Triumphs can now have tiers. They grant a portion of its total Triumph score as you make progress toward the final Triumph. For example, consider the SEASON 8: POWER BONUS Triumph. It has three tiers. To earn the first tier, you need to gain 5 points of bonus Power from your Season 8 Artifact, the Gate Lord’s Eye. Once you do, you’ll get 10 points of Triumph score toward your account’s total Triumph Score, and the next tier will be revealed to you.As part of this release, we went through all the existing Triumphs in the game and added in tiers to Triumphs where they made sense.
A Title to Match the SeasonThis is probably too much homework, but the “An Evolving World” section of Luke’s Director’s Cut—Part III is essential reading. The CliffsNotes version as it pertains to titles? Okay, we’ll try. Prior to Season of the Undying, each piece of the Annual Pass added parts of the game designed to live on forever. During Season 8, a new situation will unfold on the Moon. Over the course of the Season, the situation will be resolved and some of the related activities will go away as Season 9’s conflict arrives.This will also be true of the Title associated with Season 8. Both the Triumphs and Badge for the new title will ask players to be participate during the Season of the Undying. Once the conflict has been resolved players will no longer be able to earn the season’s title, Undying.
New Light and Getting ALL the ScoreNew Light forced us to think about many of the existing Triumphs and evolve our philosophies around what Triumph Score represents. For example, when a New Light player joins the game, should they receive all the score for getting to level 50 without having to put in any effort? That doesn’t feel like much of a Triumph. That said, shouldn’t a new kinderguardian have a chance to have the magical moment where they hit max score? Also, our evolving world will lead to many Triumphs that will no longer be able to be earned. Yet, we’ve heard loud and clear that Triumphs without score aren’t very compelling. The rules had to evolve.The decisions!
- Pre-Shadowkeep Triumphs that no longer require effort can’t be earned after Season 7.
- These Triumphs have had their score reduced to 0.
- The players who have earned them will still see them in their Triumphs.
- Seasonal Triumphs will have a score value. If you miss Triumphs during Season of the Undying, you may not be able to max out your score for the year.Even with an evolution to our Triumph philosophy, we don’t think we’re done making tweaks to the system. Not everything is as clean as we’d like it to be in order to support Destiny as an evolving world. We’ll be listening closely for feedback as we consider how to best continue the evolution of Triumphs.
Color Your Words
Destiny Dev Team: Have you ever found yourself wishing the subtitles were bigger, or liked having them on but thought they took up too much space, or wanted them to be a different color?It has always been important for us that we make Destiny’s UI accessible to the widest range of possible players as we can. Later this month, we’ll be releasing an update that adds more options to let you change the look of subtitles in Destiny. Five different sizes to pick from, a variety of text colors, and a few different styles for the background.These new subtitle settings are found in the settings tab under “Gameplay” on PC and “Accessibility” on consoles, and they’re present in new users’ initial log-in experience. We’ve also taken this opportunity to consolidate some PC settings into five subsections.This is just one focused update on increasing accessibility options in Destiny, with plans for additional updates in later releases. (A small example that didn’t quite make this next release is a fix for subtitles disappearing when navigating between menus). We’d love to hear your feedback on these changes, as well as what other accessibility improvements are important to you.
Ready for the Runway
Forges and Festivals
Destiny 2 Update 2.6.1Next Tuesday, Destiny 2 Update 2.6.1 is scheduled to go live. This update will introduce a broad variety of changes to the player experience, and resolves a number of known issues that have emerged since the launch of Shadowkeep. Here are some highlights:
- Resolved an issue that prevented some veteran players from unlocking Black Armory forges and completing the Mysterious Box quest for Izanagi’s Burden.
- Resolved an issue that prevented players from abandoning the Mysterious Box quest for Izanagi’s Burden on alt characters—it will be retrievable from Ada-1.
- Resolved an issue where the Exodus Black destination quest could not be recovered if abandoned—it will be retrievable from Failsafe.
- Resolved an issue which prevented some players from earning the “Silimar’s Design” Triumph—this Triumph will unlock retroactively for eligible players.
- Resolved an issue causing daily bounties from Eris Morn and the Lectern of Enchantment to rotate weekly.
- Resolved an issue that increased load times for previewing gear while traveling between destinations.Additionally, we’d like to remind players that we’ve resolved an issue causing crashes in the Gofannon Forge in Hotfix 220.127.116.11. Players who previously encountered issues engaging with Black Armory content are highly encouraged to try again once Update 2.6.1 becomes available next Tuesday.As with all updates and hotfixes, players should follow @BungieHelp on Twitter or monitor our support feed on help.bungie.net for the latest details as soon as they are available.
Festival of the LostAlso next Tuesday, Festival of the Lost returns to Destiny 2. In case you missed it in our blog earlier this week, we encourage all players to take a look at our official Festival of the Lost Guide.Before Eva Levante returns to adorn the Tower in ghoulish decor, we’d like to inform players of what they can do right now to prepare for the festival’s return.
- Brand-new players who go through the New Light experience must achieve at least 770 Power before Eva Levante will beckon them with her Festival of the Lost introductory quest. If these players are lower than 770 Power, they will not be able to interact with Eva Levante at all.
- All veteran players, including those who were boosted to 750 Power at the launches of New Light and Shadowkeep, may head directly to Eva Levante once Festival is live to begin her quest.While New Light players must achieve 770 Power before they can jump in, the Haunted Forest has a minimum recommended Power of 750—so all Guardians should be ready to jump right in.Additionally, while we await the festival’s return, we’d like to forewarn players about earning and deleting Candy and Chocolate Strange Coins. In order to earn these currencies, players must wear the Masquerader’s Helmet, purchasable from Eva Levante for 100 Glimmer. If players defeat enemies and complete activities without this helmet equipped, they will not earn Candy or Chocolate Strange Coins.Furthermore, players should be cautious when dismantling any items in their Consumables inventory. Any instance of dismantling Candy or Chocolate Strange Coins, intentional or otherwise, will delete the entire stack.Players who encounter issues following the launches of Update 2.6.1 and Festival of the Lost should report them to the #Help forum.
I build an Ace... with Memento Mori. pic.twitter.com/cjcr9OZ9AL— Nick (@WardcoProps) October 19, 2019