"Holy Cayde Light of the Solar"
"Holy Ikora Presence of the Void"
"Holy Zavala Protector of the Arc"
🎨 by AltairRafuel - https://t.co/IwugYQC825 pic.twitter.com/TZJeTSiRP3
— Bungie (@Bungie) August 1, 2018
#Destiny2 @Bungie @A_dmg04 quick lil servitor thing pic.twitter.com/l2iiJ7BnWl
— croat (@oricksandcroat) August 1, 2018
Elemental Orb GenerationSolstice of Heroes is now live in Destiny 2. Included with this event are elemental alignments, which allows players to generate and stack elemental orbs to increase their damage output with the matching element for a short time. Additionally, players must collect Arc, Solar, and Void orbs in various activities to complete objectives attached to their Solstice Armor set.While these orbs are generated randomly by defeating enemies, here are a few tips on how you can make sure you’re generating the orbs of a desired element:
- Orbs are generated only by players who have an entire Solstice Armor set equipped (of any quality).
- Elemental orb generation does not require Super ability kills or Masterwork weapon kills. Players can potentially generate orbs on any kill, as long as they are wearing their full Solstice Armor set.
- Elemental orbs are generated based off of the player’s equipped subclass, as well as their equipped Energy and Power weapons. If, for example, you wanted to generate only Solar orbs, changing your loadout to all-Solar helps you accomplish this. Kinetic weapons can also generate orbs based off of the player’s loadout.
- You can generate and receive elemental orbs from local allies. If you’re travelling in a fireteam, coordinating elements can help you more aggressively progress through elemental orb pursuits.Be aware that the elemental alignments will expire when Solstice of Heroes concludes at the weekly reset on August 28, 2018. From that point on, players will no longer generate elemental orbs and will no longer be able to upgrade their Solstice Armor. For more information, including known and emerging issues, players should visit our Solstice of Heroes Vital Information thread.Solstice of Heroes: Known IssuesIncluded in Solstice of Heroes are remastered versions of five missions from the Red War campaign. As players engage in these missions, however, we're receiving reports from players unable to progress through mission barriers after the “Joining Allies” message appears on screen.The first and best troubleshooting step that players should attempt is to wipe and respawn. Players who encounter this behavior and are unable to work around it need to return to the Tower to restart the mission anew. To mitigate this issue, fireteam members should ensure they stay within close proximity of one another, especially as they transition between mission areas.Additionally, we are currently investigating the following issues reported to the #Help forum:
- Some players are unable to upgrade their Solstice of Heroes armor after completing all objectives
- Objectives requiring specific Crucible Valor ranks are not progressing for some players
- Solar weapon kill objectives sometimes does not gain progress
- The Solar Super kill objective for the Rekindled Titan Helmet is progressing slower than othersIf you are encountering any of these issues, please post a report detailing your experience. If you have a screenshot or video showcasing the issue, please include that in your report.Moments of Triumph T-Shirt OfferWhile Solstice of Heroes is live, players who achieve 250 Triumph points or more in-game may redeem an offer to purchase a Solstice of Heroes Moments of Triumph T-Shirt. To do this, eligible players must visit the Statue of Heroes in the Tower and accept the “Moments of Triumph T-Shirt” item under “Triumph Rewards”.Players who accomplish this will then be provided a code in the Solstice of Heroes section of their bungie.net profile. Players who redeem this code at checkout with their Bungie Store purchase of a Solstice of Heroes T-Shirt will be able to complete their purchase for $24.99 USD without customization, or $29.99 USD with customization (before tax and shipping).If you wish to purchase a Solstice of Heroes T-Shirt but do not have a bungie.net profile, join up. Players who encounter issues with their bungie.net profile should visit our Account Creation help article.Destiny Update 2.0.0 Vital InformationAt the conclusion of Solstice of Heroes on August 28, Destiny 2 will be updated to prepare for the launch of Forsaken. In the week between August 28 and September 4, players will see some unusual behavior in-game as we make the transition into Year 2.Here’s a short list of what players should be prepared for, with more details to come at a later date:
- In general, collections will be unavailable. Specifically, this includes the collections for emblems, as well as Exotic weapons and armor. If players want to have an emblem or Exotic item in their inventory during this week, they will need to prepare their inventory ahead of time. (Edited 8/02 at 5:50 p.m. PDT: While collections will be unavailable, items stored within the Vault may continue to be accessed.)
- Nightfall strike scoring will not be available. We’ll have more information about strikes and how they’re changing in Forsaken in the coming weeks.This is all in an effort to set the table for the launch of Destiny 2: Forsaken on September 4, 2018. Pardon our dust, and please plan accordingly.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.