Noon – FRIDAY – September 1Leading the Destiny CommunityBungie Community Managers are not the only voices that serve the player. The Destiny Community benefits from a network of leaders with audiences all their own. Learn all about the challenges that content creators face as they spin up videos, podcasts, and streams that entertain gamers when they’re away from their controllers. Hear war stories from the front lines of the Internet. Score some tips on how you can begin that adventure yourself.
3PM – FRIDAY – September 1Bringing the Guardians of Destiny to LifeCosplayers take the act of becoming legend quite literally. PAX always brings some of the finest costume creators into the spotlight. Watch them strut their stuff in suits of armor (and capes) of their own creation. Meet the artists behind the masks. Cheer for your favorite heroes from the world of Destiny. This is not a contest. Every Guardian who represents the Cosplay Community will be a winner.Noon – SATURDAY – September 2Forging a New Destiny WeaponBefore a weapon makes it into your hands, it passes through many of ours. It takes many creative disciplines at Bungie to fill the gun rack. See the creation of Destiny weapons from the first vision to the final tuning. Learn how Concept Artists, 3D Modelers, Animators, and Designers forge weapons that are worthy of heroes. Come and meet the gunsmiths at Bungie that keep your vaults filled with wonderful armaments. Witness a creative regression for some of the most iconic weapons in Destiny’s brief history.3PM – SATURDAY – September 2Building Better Worlds in DestinyBefore you explore the worlds of Destiny, they are built from the ground up to reflect an artistic vision. Learn how Concept Artists and Environment Artists work hand in hand to create the places where your characters fight for their survival. See some of the earliest visions of the worlds you’ve come to know, and how they influenced every step of our creative process. Get a glimpse at the tools we use to build better worlds.1PM – SUNDAY – September 3Destiny PlayTest War StoriesBefore Guardians can face each other in competition, we wage countless wars against each other at Bungie. Our playtest labs are arenas where studio heroes are born and the games you play evolve. Learn from the combatants about how the battle for the best idea rages inside our walls. When shots are fired, everything is up for grabs: The maps you know, the modes you master, and the way every Character and Weapon is powerful.
Early Access for the Destiny 2 PC Beta begins at 10 AM Pacific on August 28, 2017. The following is a list of confirmed issues that may impact gameplay:
- Players may encounter issues when playing the Destiny 2 Beta with drivers that are out of date. Updating drivers to the latest version grants the best experience when playing Destiny 2 on PC.
- The Destiny 2 Beta may not run when installed to a folder with some localized character types in its name (e.g. Greek, Cyrillic, Kanji, etc.). Players should ensure that they install the Beta to a path that does not include these character types, or use the default install location.
- Players may encounter issues when joining the Fireteam of another player on their same local area network. Players who encounter this issue should ensure that they have UPnP enabled in their network settings.
- MSAA is still under development. As such, players may encounter various issues including visual artifacts and performance degradation when using MSAA.
- Multi-GPU support is still in development. Players may encounter issues including visual artifacts and performance impacts when using NVIDIA SLI. AMD Crossfire support is not available in the Destiny 2 PC Beta.
- The Destiny 2 Beta must be launched from Blizzard’s Battle.net app. If players launch the Beta client directly from the executable, they may receive an error message or the Destiny 2 Beta client may become unresponsive. Players who encounter this issue should close the Beta client through the user interface or by pressing Alt+F4, and proceed to launch the Destiny 2 Beta using the “Play” button in the Destiny 2 tab of the Blizzard app.GeForce GTX: If players wish to have the optimum experience in the Destiny 2 PC Beta, they can download and install NVIDIA’s new Destiny 2 Beta Game Ready Driver. Simply download and launch NVIDIA's GeForce Experience, then proceed to click the "Drivers" tab to download the update, or download it from the NVIDIA website here.Bungie.net Update: Profile RecoveryPlayers now have a means to recover a previously made Bungie.net profile that no longer has any authentication methods linked for sign-in. If a player wishes to recover their account, they may proceed through the following steps:
- Identify the authentication method used to create the Bungie.net profile that was closed or lost
- Ensure the authentication method has been unlinked from any active Bungie.net profiles
- Click "Create a new account" and use the account credentials that were originally linked to the desired account
- Select "Recover" next to the desired Bungie.net profile and complete the account reclamation process, which may be identified by profile membership ID's or Bungie.net join datesPlease note the following:
- For a Bungie.net profile to be recovered, it cannot be linked to any active authentication methods. If linked, it will not be presented to the player during the account recovery flow.
- Players will have up to 90 days to recover lost or closed Bungie.net profiles. After 90 days, this process will be unavailable.For additional information concerning Bungie.net Profile recovery, creation, or linking, please see this Help Article.Additionally, we are actively investigating issues impacting various features on Bungie.net, including Groups and Clans. If you encounter any issues after the most recent update to Bungie.net, please post a report to the #Help forum. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp on for the latest updates on our investigation.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.