Jared: The Beta has been amazingly helpful for our development team. The analogy I always give is that the Beta is the plow on the front of the train that blasts all the snow off the tracks to clear our path. We had many updates to the original, but Destiny 2 is a brand new game using brand new technology in order to deliver an awesome experience. This new technology needs a lot of testing. This testing ultimately helps us validate that our new server model is working as we thought it would, and at the quality and scale we had hoped. It helps us evaluate our new tech advancements, including enhancements you’ll understand more fully when you play the full game. Ultimately, it paves the way for us to have a much smoother launch.
Rob: Aside from testing our processes and services, the Beta is also an opportunity for us to collect feedback and data to help us close out the final tuning for the game. We’re watching and playing with you. Thank you for sharing your experiences and helping make the launch version of Destiny 2 that much better.The PVE game tuning has changed pretty significantly since the Beta build was deployed. The nature of a Beta of this scale requires that it’s based off a build of the game that is now months old. So, in many cases, your feedback is helping us validate changes that were previously made based on internal feedback and playtesting. For example, we too felt that ammo (especially power ammo) was too scarce in PvE. In addition to retuning the drop rates, we built a system that guarantees power ammo drops for you and your Fireteam from certain enemies, giving power weapons a more reliable and predictable role in your arsenal. Other areas where we’ve made significant tuning changes include grenade effectiveness in PvE, Boss vitality, and weapon damage against non-player combatants.
Lars: Hello everyone!
Lars from the Crucible Team here, aka: Thug Larz on the Internetz. We really hope you’re enjoying the Beta. Even though it’s just a taste of the full game, we believe it delivers a good preview of what you’ll experience this fall. As you play your first matches in the Destiny 2 Crucible, you’re probably wondering about how Matchmaking will work. Before we dive into the details, allow me to share our core design principles for the Crucible in Destiny 2:
- Provide a great experience for players who enjoy competitive PvP activities
- Ensure that players who enjoy PvP have fair and fun matchesWe’re designing the Crucible for people who live for that competitive fire that wells up in their soul every time they are challenged. That’s important to us.So, what’s new for Matchmaking in Destiny 2? The obvious PvP evolutions are the 4v4 format and the two consolidated playlists. We hope these changes have a good impact on game quality. Destiny 2 Crucible Matchmaking places a greater emphasis on connection quality, but make no mistake: Skill is still a big component in finding worthy opponents for you to fight.When all these systems are singing in unison, it should help us reach our ultimate goal: To give all players, regardless of their skill, the best possible experience. While the new Quickplay and Competitive modes are designed to serve different moods, they are using the same MM settings in the Beta. We’ll be able to tune these separately post-Beta, and your playtesting will help us going forward. For those of you who are wondering, we bucket you separately depending on the playlist, so your Quickplay skill is tracked separately from your Competitive skill.TL;DR: We’re always trying to make sure your connection is solid, while also making sure we give you as fair a match as possible. Thanks again for helping us Beta test the game. We’ll see you starside.
July 21: Destiny 2 Open Beta beginsPlayers who have yet to pre-order will be granted access to the Destiny 2 Beta on July 21 at 10 AM Pacific through the PlayStation Store or Xbox Store. Destiny Player Support is currently tracking the following issues.
- Player reports of error code TERMITE when first attempting to sign in to the Destiny 2 Beta
- Player reports of error code WEASEL occurring when inspecting weapons, armor, ships, or completing activities
- Players reports of error code OLIVE occurring when attempting to complete the campaign mission Homecoming, or attempting to sign-in
- Player reports of error code MOOSE occurring when entering new areas within activity spaces
- Player reports of PlayStation error code CE-34878-0 appearing during gameplay until changing platform language settings
- Infinite Super Abilities in the Strike activity
- Infinite Ammo granted through various gear and subclass perk synergyWe have disabled in-game Clan invitations for the remainder of the Destiny 2 Beta, as functionality was leading to an increase in error code WEASEL. The cause of this issue has been forwarded to the appropriate team for investigation. Destiny 2 Beta Clan Issues do not impact Clan features on Bungie.net or within Destiny 1.While we are able to reduce the occurrence of some error codes impacting gameplay, other issues revealed during the Beta may not be addressed prior to the ending of Beta on July 23, 2017. To confirm additional known issues, please see help.bungie.net/beta. As we investigate and troubleshoot these issues, stay tuned to @BungieHelp for service status and updates.Reporting an Issue to the #Help forumIf you encounter any issues during the Destiny 2 Beta, please post a report to the #Help forum with the following information:
- PlayStation Network ID or Xbox Live Gamertag
- Time in which issue occurred
- Activity in which issue occurred
- Description of what happenedWhile players may not receive a response, issues will be forwarded to the appropriate teams for investigation.
Cozmo: The Bungie Bounty took a brief hiatus in anticipation of the Beta, but its back next week with a vengeance. This one’s going to be tough for challengers. Your target will be Murdar0, a highly skilled competitor from the BombSquadKittens. Bring your A-game.
Bungie Bounty: Murdar0Region: Montreal, CanadaWhen: 1 PM Pacific 7/26/2017Console: PS4Playlist: Clash
Cozmo: Do you like to see exciting moments that other Guardians share with the world? Do you enjoy work that others concoct for your entertainment? If so, you have come to the right place. We are constantly collecting new movies to deliver straight to your Internet machine of choice.