This Week at Bungie – 03/24/2016
This week at Bungie we shared the first of three previews of the April Update.
“New Things to Do” was the theme. We toured the Reef, inspected Variks’ inventory, briefed you on new enemies, and took a deep dive into the Challenge of Elders to settle some scores. Our Fireteam was victorious, and earned some sweet rewards.
Here’s an archive of the show, in case you missed it or just want to relive the events.
Too long, did not watch:
- The April Update arrives on 04/12/2016
- New content will be available to players of Destiny: The Taken King
- The King is dead, but the Taken War rages on in our Solar System
- Variks the Loyal has a renewed call to arms to battle Taken foes
- Guardians will face new challenges through new Quests, Bounties, and Strikes
- Maximum Light is being raised to 335, with many new ways to level up
- Prison of Elders has a new Level 41 mode to empower you reach 320
- Challenge of Elders is a new Level 42 scored mode to empower you to reach 335
- Players who achieve High and Cumulative scores are guaranteed Weapons and Armor
- Challenge of Elders rewards have up to 335 Light, depending on your power
Not mentioned on stream, but also totally true:
- King’s Fall will drop rewards up to 330
- Court of Oryx will drop Artifacts up to 335
- Sometimes I forget to ask the most important questions
Mentioned on stream, but not actually true:
- Prison of Elders does not have checkpoints (oops, sorry)
- This is what happens when we preview work in progress on a live show
As we preview the rest of the content, rewards, and changes, we’ll be documenting all the new details right here on Bungie.net. Watch this space! Each week, it will expand to reflect the previews on Twitch.
And finally, as promised, here are the screenshots we shared from the Strikes. [click to embiggen]
Winters Run (Taken Edition)
Before it’s time to confront these Taken bosses, we have two more previews to host:
April Update Preview: New Things to EarnWednesday, March 30th – 11AM PacificApril Update Preview: Sandbox & Crucible UpdatesWednesday, April 6th – 11AM Pacific
We hope we’ll see you there. There is more for us to share and more for you to learn.
Lord Saladin isn’t waiting for the April Update to make a comeback. Neither should you.
Begins: Tuesday, March 29th, 10AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, April 5th, 2AM Pacific
The game is Control!
It’s a return to form for Iron Banner. Control the zones to multiply your momentum toward victory. Do just that, and we’ll award you some of this...
Available from Lord Saladin:
- Rank 3: Chest Pieces
- Rank 4: Hand Cannons, Gauntlets, PlayStation Gauntlets
- Rank 5: Machinegun
Available as post-game drops:
- Rank 2: Chest Pieces
- Rank 3: Hand Cannons, Gauntlets, PlayStation Gauntlets
- Rank 4: Machinegun
Good luck out there. For best results, choose your loadouts and your teammates with great care.
Ready Up and Go
Destiny Player Support isn’t just about solving problems. They also provide mission briefings to get you ready to excel in inbound events.
DPS: With the April update coming soon, now is a better time than ever to ensure you have the appropriate space available on your console’s hard drive. Information covering all consoles may be found within this Help Article.In the coming weeks, we will be updating the following help.bungie.net content to cover the changes coming to Destiny with the April update:
- Prison of Elders FAQ
- Eververse Guided Support, and related Help Articles
- Weekly Reset Rewards FAQFinally, as Iron Banner returns to the Crucible, here are a few Help Articles to keep you connected and in the fight:
A man who yawns in the face of certain death in the Prison of Elders has a soul brave enough to sort through the community-created content that we find right here on our site. This is his awards ceremony.
Cozmo: Grab your popcorn, ridiculously large soda, and sit down because we got some badass movies for you to watch. Where did we get them? They were all found on the Creations page. If you want to submit yours send them there. The creators of the films seen here will be awarded a special Emblem to show off to their friends. Now go watch the movies, and watch them good!
Movie of the Week: Made by the Last Safe City.
Honorable Mention: Keep it flairy.
Honorable Mention: Can’t touch this.
If you were in the audience for our really big show this week, we thank you for showing up. It wouldn’t be a party without you. If you weren’t there, we hope you’ve been brought up to speed. You're invited to the next one, you know.
We’ll do it all again next week. The spring fashions for every Guardian will be on display.