JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/11/2019 7:15:51 PM
Fiend

Linear Fusions are in a bad place

We haven't gotten any new linear fusions whatsoever. Besides arbalest which sucks as an exotic btw and queenbreakers which has been overnerfed and outclassed as an exotic heavy. There's only one random rolled linear fusion in game. They suck as heavy weapons as well. Literally doing no damage unless using sleeper. They can't one shot to the body in crucible the most damage they could do is 186 to the body. Their aim assist vlaues are all caped at 61. While snipers can fire faster have more synergy in perks and can push aim assist to 92 and fire at the same rpm as hand cannons. That's mida territory which is 100 aa. Can they get plz get moved to special it's makes no sense and can we introduce more to the game.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• There should definitely be more linear fusion rifles, off of the top of my head I can only think of 3, crooked fang, arbalest and queensbreaker bow Crooked fang is kinda generic Arbalest is pretty good in certain strikes/missions for taking down people with Shields then switching to another weapon to melt them And queensbreaker bow seems pretty bad in D2, I remember it was fairly good in D1 when it was classified as a sniper

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • I got a Queenbreaker day 2 after Shadowkeep dropped... was very unimpressed

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Queenbreakers needs to just go to the special slot like in D1.

Posting in language:

• That bad place is the heavy weapon slot. Sleeper was designed to be a heavy weapon. The rest are special weapons that are useless as heavy weapons.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Move them to the special slot. Haven't read a single GOOD argument for them to stay heavy weapons. I bet they still won't get used lol.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
          • To the people suggesting it be moved to the special slot, we'd need an overhaul. Suggestions for it: linear's get the range erentil has, while lowering the projectile range on fusions. Shot guns that are non slug variants get lowered range and more pellet spread. Sidearms recieve a damage buff. Sub machine guns should get more damage the closer you are to your enemies.

Posting in language:

• Ironically everyone cried wolf when Sleeper was king in Gambit... too many were whining... it’s such a shame it got nerfed to the ground like whisper

Posting in language:

• Honestly I give precisely zero -blam!-s about linears. The only one I [i]do[/i] care about is Sleeper Simulant, for obvious reasons.

Posting in language:

• They do not need damage buffs. They do not need to be moved to the special slot. The simple solution is to add new perks for them which better suits their style. If they were to add existing ones they could add Firing Line for example. Problem is they occupy basically the same role as a sniper. To make them stand out I would give them a perk/mod that allows them to crit through shields as well as a damage buff when removing shields on an enemy for 3 seconds. Linear Fusions don't HAVE to be good for DPS, tons of things in D2 are good for DPS. They are alloed to occupy a different role.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • It would be nice if they were specials

Posting in language:

• Whoah, ease up on Arbalest. That thing is invaluable in a match game Nightfall. Otherwise linear fusions have fallen out of favor with me, because a sniper rifle is a better choice. Weaker, but special ammo always seems to be more abundant than heavy.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Arbalest is a must for the Heroic Outbreak Perfected quest.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Arbelast is a go-to choice for the Zero Hour mission (to get the Outbreak Perfected).

Posting in language:

17 Replies
                  • Wish we at least got some more added. Crooked Fang has be the only legendary linear fusion with random rolls since forsaken launched.

Posting in language:

• It's definitely because they cost power ammo, but hit like a special weapon.

Posting in language:

• Wrap a particle weapon in energy then trash it because it kills. Sounds like Bungie...

Posting in language:

• They do need a buff, i was testing the damage out and its about the same as my tatara's. A heavy weapon should not be lower than a sniper(granted its a HI sniper vs a precision lr). The one placed they shined was in early gambit with only 3 open maps and a match designed that typically spread players out allowed you to get a kill quickly even if you did not get the head but because you could track a follow up shot was easy since you were not zoomed in. Of course a good sniper could do this as well but i think most ppl did not wand to use a slot for it. Now with things like machine guns, truth, the fact that gambit prime forces ppl in one spot for dps kinda puts Line rifles at the bottom of the choice for invaders.

Posting in language:

• They will immediately become a meta in gambit and maybe even somewhat a crucible one if they are moved to special. I honestly want the legendary ones to just be removed from the game, and move queenbreakers to the energy slot. I think that would make everything better tbh.

Posting in language:

• I think their AA needs to be toned down a bit. Stick to everything too much

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • After the run that queensbreaker had it deserved to be deleted....linears had a place for a very long time. They can wait their turn just like scouts did.

Posting in language:

• If they are moved to special then they should be nerfed. Linears other than sleeper have a fairly short charge time which will make them a bit broken in pvp, don't you think ? Whisper is a heavy sniper that doesn't one shot to the body but has worse scope and handling all around.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • The easiest and most obvious solution is to keep them as heavy but buff their damage output so they can contend with other heavy whether legendary or exotic. I love using Crooked Fang, it does decent damage as it is, but because its the only fusion rifle we get from world drops now, it becomes quite boring. D2 year 1 had tons of different element type linears and now they are obsolete, another remnant of an outdated collections system. BRING ALL THOSE LINEARS BACK AND LET THEM BE ROLLED WITH RANDOM PERKS. and make them stronger :)

Posting in language:

• Crooked fang with box breathing and high impact reserves is pretty great though

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • No kidding that Fenchurch character has to go enough already. But I do love Claudia Black ❤💋💯🖖

Posting in language:

• Edited by Duece Diggler: 10/12/2019 6:04:59 PM
                          Agree. Why no new linear fusions yet? And as well they do need a buff. I use crooked fang some in public events to destroy the ship during cabal pe. At high light it does meh damage. Sleeper isnt bad but my loadout requires legendary heavy weapons.(i love my fighting lion maybe too much) Linears are a skilled tool in the game same as energy nade launchers kinda are but they are definitely out powered by other options.

Posting in language:

• Either way you go about this, most people are gonna pick a well rolled sniper rifle over linear fusions. They can do everything a linear can do, but better and has no charge time necessary

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon