JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
6/25/2017 11:15:34 PM

My Xbox One Elite controller's thumbstick is drifting

I can literally hold down the thumbstick, or even push it down while it's still in the deadzone enough so that there's no way it could possibly be going up, and it still goes up. This is pissing me off beyond belief. I've missed revive snipes because the -blam!-ing thumbsticks decides to go up at the last second. Even when im holding it down, it drifts. I'd have no problem with it if it didn't do it while i was holding it down, but it does it anyways. Help??
English
#Destiny

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by zNapSack: 6/26/2017 4:33:10 AM
    It's a known issue with both the XBox One controller as well as the Elite controller. The reason being they both use the same gimbal mechanisms as you can see here: Top: XBox One controller [url]http://i.imgur.com/oX41xR2.png[/url] Bottom: XBox Elite controller However, as others have said, they're easy to replace. And if you think the PS4 controller is better, think again, as they use the same gimbal modules and can experience the same issue. Note: This is usually not a problem with the XBox 360 controller since it uses different gimbal mechanisms. One more thing: The rubberized grips on the Elite controller are prone to becoming unglued. I've had it happen on two different Elite controllers. Of course these issues rarely if ever occur within the 90 day factory warranty period. Therefore you may want to consider a retailer offered replacement warranty since you'll likely need it.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • The right shoulder button popped off of mine, and retailers weren't allowed to sell warranties on them either. $150 wasted.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Buy the warranty next time. Bring it in no questions asked.

Posting in language:

• You have to buy a new one every 3 to 6 months 'cause Microsoft builds $hit! My left bumper broke after 2 months!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Happened to me, increase your dead zone setting by a little bit that should fix the problem

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Just buy a new controller scrub.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I just picked up my 4 th replacement controller. Two had stick drift, the other had bumper/ trigger issues. Unfortunately the internal components are built exactly the same as the regular controllers....all plastic.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • My elite only lasted a few months before the left bumper broke. I've had multiple standard Xbox controllers break due to problems with bumpers or stick drift. I've give up on the elite controllers -waste of money. I just buy standard controllers and pay a bit extra for insurance so I can get them replaced when they break

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Edited by PrimaryNotFound: 6/26/2017 12:32:13 AM
                  How old is it and where did you buy it?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by Detric: 6/25/2017 11:43:45 PM
                    You can buy replacement parts and the tool as well. Google it. Cheaper than a new one. https://www.amazon.com/slp/xbox-controller-parts/tnyvdfm9bt4v77q

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Spilled a little soda on the controller eh? You could take it apart and clean it. I've sprayed the little metal parts with WD-40, without batteries, before and got rid of a squeak and roughness. Or buy a new controller. Or give it to Dr. Zoidberg! He's a Doctor! (V) (;,,;) (V) wubwubwubwubwub!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon