New LightsThis week we launched Shadowkeep, New Light, and brought Destiny 2 to Steam on PC. If you’re just now joining us on this journey, let’s get you acquainted with your player support resources.
- Help.bungie.net: This is our knowledgebase archive where players can search for support articles relevant to their needs.
- BungieHelp on Twitter: This is where we communicate deployment times and emergent issues to players on a large scale.
- Known Issues thread: Here, Destiny Player Support keeps a running list of the latest issues to emerge in Destiny 2 as soon as they are confirmed.
- #Help forum: If you don’t find the info you need from any of the above resources, this is your channel to report issues. Here, Destiny Player Support and our bungie.net mentors patrol to assist players with support issues.
- Player Support Report: This is our weekly address to players in the “This Week at Bungie” blog—that you’re reading right now.Also, if you’re new to Destiny 2 and need to get up to speed, feel free to take a look at our Destiny 2: New Player Guide.
Destiny 2 Known IssuesWith this week’s launch, we’ve closely monitored for player reports of issues impacting the Destiny 2 experience. Here are the top issues at the time of this writing, straight from our known issues thread:
- Players will not receive the Gate Lord’s Eye at Season Rank 7 if they claim it in an equipment-locked activity.
- If it has been abandoned, the completed “Essence of Anguish” quest step can be reacquired only by unlocking the Lectern of Enchantment.
- The “In Search of Answers” quest step may not appear in a player’s inventory, even after talking with Eris. Please check the postmaster to pick up the quest and continue the campaign.
- If the “Firewall” quest step is dismantled after completing Eris’s weekly bounty, players have to wait a week before they can obtain a new one.
- If the “Luna’s Calling” weekly quest is deleted before collecting rewards and the bounty is reclaimed, players will have to wait a week to complete it.
- Some players who purchase the Shadowkeep Deluxe Edition may not receive all four Season Passes, but may instead receive 1,000 Silver per unredeemed Season. Players may spend this Silver to purchase future seasons through the Seasons tab in the Director menu.
- Players who encounter the error “problem reading game content” on Steam should ensure that they are NOT running Destiny 2 with elevated permissions (for example: do not use “Run as Administrator”). They should also make sure there is NO steam_appid.txt file in their Destiny 2 install directory.
- Players with 300 or more friends on Steam may encounter crashes when launching Destiny 2. Players who encounter this issue can trim their friends list until they are below 300 while we investigate a fix.
- We’re investigating ongoing reports from players regarding issues with PC migration. In the meantime, if possible, players should attempt to retry migration.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.