JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

9/19/2017 11:14:20 PM

Exodus Black Nightfall nearly impossible

Ok some people are going to disagree and some are going to say just wait til next week but I'm going to state my personal feedback and opinion on this week's nightfall anyway. Exodus Black is a good strike but at the final boss feels nearly impossible. Me and my team can't kill the final boss no matter how fast we are. We managed to get 10 minutes on the boss upon entering the room and never been able to kill him with the atrocious amount of overcharge shanks(which mind as well be a major due to its capabilities to take everything I throw at it), and the excessive amount of vandals that spawn with them. When we die, we spawn right on top of the overcharge that's surrounding the shank or the place the shanks spawn from. And the vandals kill you before we even get a chance to kill a single shank. I feel like nightfall this week is extremely difficult. Me nor my team want to be excluded from powerful gear but also doesn't have the motivation to keep failing the same part of the strike.
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Did the nightfall on all three of my characters yesterday. Just wanted to chime in to say...I hate this boss too. With every fibre of my being, this boss is the absolute goddamn worst. Those shanks can go screw themselves, and so can Thaviks or whatever the hell his name is. I hope you find a group capable of making it through.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • You would not believe how useful the riskrunner SMG is for this nightfall, if you have it give it a shot

Posting in language:

• I tried it yesterday, I absolutely hate the timers. If only we didn't have them, this NF would be actually enjoyable even with all the deaths.

Posting in language:

• It's tough. But the nightfall should be tough. It's doable. If you're on Xbox add TrixRidiculous. I can help.

Posting in language:

• we finished with 4 min left on the clock

Posting in language:

• We beat it first try, just be confident

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • I can't even get to the boss because of some glitch. The pulses wont spawn after finishing defending your ghost from hacking.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Do it in second attempt, just don't miss the anomalies and try to get to the boss room whit at least 8 minutes and you will be fine.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • [quote]Ok some people are going to disagree and some are going to say just wait til next week but I'm going to state my personal feedback and opinion on this week's nightfall anyway. Exodus Black is a good strike but at the final boss feels nearly impossible. Me and my team can't kill the final boss no matter how fast we are. We managed to get 10 minutes on the boss upon entering the room and never been able to kill him with the atrocious amount of overcharge shanks(which mind as well be a major due to its capabilities to take everything I throw at it), and the excessive amount of vandals that spawn with them. When we die, we spawn right on top of the overcharge that's surrounding the shank or the place the shanks spawn from. And the vandals kill you before we even get a chance to kill a single shank. I feel like nightfall this week is extremely difficult. Me nor my team want to be excluded from powerful gear but also doesn't have the motivation to keep failing the same part of the strike.[/quote] It blows my mind that nobody on here is talking about the glitch where the blue lights aren't even there thus forcing people to go all the way to a different area just to go all the way back again hoping that they actually spawn this time

Posting in language:

• Our issue was the boss kept disappearing for 30 seconds at a time.....

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Really dude think you may need to look at your light level.as "esoterick on YouTube SOLO'D it!!!!!!

Posting in language:

• Nuked the guy in about 5-6 minutes. What Power are you? Because if you're not what's recommended, you have only yourself to blame.

Posting in language:

• Add> than boss. Easy fight. If anything getting there is tough but doable

Posting in language:

• Focus on the adds, just keep running the boss around till all or most of the adds are dead. Subclasses with health regen on melee kill are extremely helpful. Healing rifts are amazing. Rift runner is amazing if you've got it, otherwise 2 merciless shots will make the boss disappear quick. We were able to take down the boss in around 6 minutes (got to the room with 10:30).

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • We beat it with 6:42 left on the clock. Boss fight takes about 2-3min if your team knows what it's doing. There are loads of those oracle lights to shoot to where you can get loads of time on the clock.

Posting in language:

• https://youtu.be/eCRjzlDBuCY. Check this out. I know it's kinda cheesy but I found this on another forum and thought what the heck I'll share and you decide if it suits you or not

Posting in language:

• Undying mind on D1 this week way more fun

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                • We beat it with :23 seconds left. It is tough. We spread out and focused on shanks because the boss gets all in your face anyway so you don't have to worry about finding him. Clear ads....smash the boss with everything. The issue we had was that almost no power ammo was dropping which prolonged the fight. Definitely not a good week to try and complete the Rat King Quest.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Malenia, Blade of Miqullla: 9/20/2017 3:40:52 PM
                  Not sure what your team was comprised of, but we found getting to the boss was more of a pain that the boss himself, especially the open areas with the pikes... But for the boss, having an arc warlock with zap buddy and healing rift is very very useful. Try to save your supers only for add duty on the boss fight. When he spawns back in after he runs away like a b*tch, just let loose on him with shotty/sword/fusion. If you DPS rush him fast enough, he won't even have time to hit you and he'll just run away again. Rinse and repeat, kill adds and pop healing rift as needed. It is a monumental pain in the arse, but it is possible.

Posting in language:

• PM me later tonight, I have a friend that along with myself can run you through the strike easily. We'll show you how to win it with time to spare, it's really not that difficult. I'm on PS4.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • • Stormacallers with Arc Soul • Nightstalkers NOT using Quiver • Sentinel Titans with Ward of Dawn • Swords Use Warlock and Hunter Supers to clear adds. Drop Arc Soul Rifts and Wall Shields as often as possible. Pop Bubble when the shit gets heavy. You should almost never run out of Orbs this way. Finally, whenever Biggins shows his stupid face, smack the everliving crap out of him with your swords. He'll learn to stay away real quick. Yes, the Overcharge shanks are terribly annoying when they root you to the ground, but they don't actively blow up in your face like normal Exploders. Just be proactive about destroying them before they reach the platform if possible. Vandals can easily overrun your platform if you don't stay on top of them. This is where the Arc soul comes in handy, it'll cover your six and stun/stagger most anything that gets too close giving you a chance to retaliate. Focus Servitors. Their invulnerability link is too bothersome to ignore. SWORDS, SWORDS, SWORDS Good luck.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Breezed through it twice without issue. One day I'll care enough about the hunter to level it.

Posting in language:

• https://youtu.be/3vyP7hzoRrk They completed it with no real strategy, just shooting things and and then getting the anomalies after. 100% doable.

Posting in language:

• Edited by juharr: 9/20/2017 6:31:37 PM
                      Apparently when he's invisible and crawling on the wall you can shot him off and it's game over.

Posting in language:

• LOL - Did it last night with 5 mins to spare, and got my Rat King.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • We got in there with 11 min left and were able to kill him with about 2 or 3 min left, but that was after 1 failed attempt where we had 8 minutes when we got in there. The big problem with these nightfall is the damage output for us was drastically reduced along with incoming damage being increased and little to no health regen. While it was difficult, it was far from impossible. I would recommend you sword the shit out of him and use supers and solely focus on boss damage. We died a lot, but were able to burn him down not too bad. The thing that bothers me is I was getting one-shotted by vandals constantly or marauders, yet I was 283 light. How the hell would someone at 240 get through this? Or were the modifiers making it so LL didn't really matter beyond the min requirement? It basically felt like light switch in year one with no shield/health regen as well and reduced outgoing damage.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon