This Week At Bungie – 8/12/2021
- Have you played Destiny 2 this week?
- Check out the Epilogue. It’s pretty sweet. No spoilers!
- We have less than two weeks until our Destiny 2 Showcase.
- Are you hyped? We are.
- We previewed some Season 15 Champion Mods this week.
- Miss it? Well, here you go:
Happy Champion hunting, Guardians.— Destiny 2 (@DestinyTheGame) August 11, 2021
Season of the [REDACTED] arrives August 24. pic.twitter.com/W6obq5ZyLj
Team: Hello from your loyal blacksmiths working at our digital forge. Over the next few Seasons, we’re aiming to bring some Exotic armor outliers back into line. Though this does mean that some overperforming favorites are going to get a little off the top, it also means that we get to inject some excitement into some less popular choices. First, we’ll start with something that’s been top of mind for many controller players since Destiny 2 was released, followed by details on our upcoming balance pass.Controller Sensitivity and TractionThe Traction mod felt mandatory for PvP on controller and unnecessary on mouse and keyboard. This felt to be more appropriate as an accessibility option rather than a balance choice. Players (including us) have also long felt that maximum 10 sensitivity wasn't enough on controller, so we’re making some changes to bring controller input closer to parity with keyboard and mouse.
- Added a sprint turn speed scalar option (allowed values 0.3 to 0.8).
- Removed the Traction mod.
- Added additional controller sensitivity options (1-10 sensitivity is the same as before, 11-20 increases over that).
- Added an ADS sensitivity modifier (allowed values 0.5 to 1.5).Super Regenerating ExoticsThe first set of changes, coming in Season 15, have to do with Exotics that refund Super energy. As a group, these Exotics tend to outshine other Exotic choices, especially in high difficulty, endgame activities. In some cases, they can trivialize the content or make it feel like the only reasonable option to equip for your build. Most of our changes here aim to standardize how these Exotics work and to place a cap on how much Super uptime they can grant by themselves. To offset these changes, some of the perks were reworked to be more generous with their refund minimums. There’s also a new member of the family!
- Shards of Galanor: Increased the amount of Super granted for hits, but total Super regain is now capped at 50%.
- Ursa Furiosa: Capped the amount of Super energy you can regain once your Super ends at 50%.
- Skull of Dire Ahamkara: Increased the amount of Super refunded per kill, but total Super gain is capped at 50%.
- Phoenix Protocol: Capped the amount of Super energy you can regain once your Super ends at 50%.
- Stormdancer's Brace: Now also refunds up to 50% of your Super energy after your Super ends, based on the number of kills.
- Geomag Stabilizers: Removed "sprint to top off your Super."
- This part of the perk led to a higher uptime in PvP than was healthy and gave Attunement of Control Warlocks an immediately renewable supply of Super energy for paying for mod costs like Special Finisher in PvE.Retunes and ReworksThe next batch of changes is focused on injecting some more power and excitement into some less popular choices. There are a few Exotics that missed the boat this time that need some extra special attention (like a certain pair of Hunter boots), and a lot more that could benefit from a nudge or two.Hunter
- The Bombardiers
- The bomb now has a secondary effect based on your subclass type:
- Blind for Arc.
- Burn for Solar.
- Slow for Stasis.
- Suppress for Void.
- Note: The suppression will not affect a Guardian in Super.
- Graviton Forfeit
- Increased the bonus invisibility duration.
- The melee regeneration speed now increases based on the number of enemies near you.
- While you are invisible, your Recovery is greatly increased, and your weapons reload more quickly.
- Lucky Pants
- Added intrinsic Hand Cannon Holster mod, replaced previous functionality with the following:
- "When you ready a fully-loaded Hand Cannon that deals Kinetic damage or damage matching your subclass energy type, for a short time each hit against a combatant from that Hand Cannon increases the damage of the next shot.”
- Note: No, Hawkmoon won’t be able to one-shot a raid boss using these legs. Other Hand Cannons will get a fun edge in combat, though!
- What is a Hand Cannon Holster mod? A new kind of mod that reloads stowed weapons. More on that below…Titan
- Precious Scars
- Will now also create a burst of healing and bonus Recovery around you whenever you kill an enemy with a weapon whose damage type matches your subclass type.
- Icefall Mantle
- Removed the slower class ability recharge scalar.Warlock
- Verity's Brow
- Changed to trigger when you get a weapon kill that matches your subclass energy type.
- Increased grenade damage bonus to 20% per stack (up from 10%).
- The Stag
- Grants damage reduction to allied Guardians standing in your Rifts.
- 25% against combatants, 15% against players.
- Promethium Spur
- Has additional functionality:
- While standing in a Rift, Solar weapon kills give you class ability energy.
- When your class ability energy is full, Solar weapon kills consume that energy and spawn a combination healing/empowering Rift at the target's location.Keep your eyes open for other changes to come in the wake of these as well. Our goal for the next few Seasons, especially following the launch of The Witch Queen, is to increase the variety of fun and powerful choices available to players in PvE and PvP alike.Finders, Scavengers, and Holsters – Oh My!We are also rolling out some changes to mods that affect the ammo economy. Running double ammo scavenger mods makes it too easy to have 100% uptime with special weapons in both PvP and PvE. In PvP specifically, we believe this is an important factor in how oppressive certain Special weapons feel. Reducing their effectiveness is a step towards addressing this - we're prepared to revisit this depending on how it plays when it's out in the wild. We’re also looking to improve Ammo Finder to make it a bit easier to earn Special and Heavy ammo in PvE, while introducing a new type of Leg armor mod that reloads stowed weapons.
- Ammo Finder
- Now have an increased chance to spawn ammo on kills with primary weapons, and a further increased chance with Exotic Primaries.
- Multiple copies of Scavenger mods of the same type no longer stack.
- This is a new type of leg armor mod that will gradually reload stowed weapons of the matching type over time.
- Multiple copies of Holster mods of the same type will increase the rate ammo is reloaded.
- The following weapon types will have Holster mods: Auto Rifle, Fusion Rifle, Grenade Launcher (Power), Hand Cannon, Linear Fusion Rifle, Machine Gun, Pulse Rifle, Scout Rifle, Shotgun, Sidearm, Submachine Gun, Sniper Rifle, and Trace Rifle.
- Hand Cannon excludes Eriana’s Vow.
- Rocket Launchers, Breech-loaded Grenade Launchers, and Bows will not have Holster mods, as we didn’t want to affect any weapon that has a magazine size of 1.Warmind Cells. Interlinked.To be blunt: these are currently too powerful.This isn’t a surprise. Even at their introduction, we knew they were very strong. That was the point! At the time these were created, they were only expected to last for about a year, so we could push the envelope on something cool and flavorful knowing that they wouldn’t be around breaking things forever with the force of Rasputin’s explosive wrath. They would have a time to shine, but eventually leave and make room for the next exciting thing. Now that they are able to remain viable in endgame content indefinitely, we feel it’s necessary to bring them down to be more in line with what the rest of the sandbox is capable of. If we didn’t, it would cause ongoing problems for activity design and weapon rewards.
- Base Warmind Cells
- Reduced radius of the explosion/effect range of Warmind Cells (10 → 6 meters).
- Reduced damage of the explosion of Warmind Cells (previously 200-400 → now 50-250).
- Global Reach
- Increase the mod cost of Global Reach to 3.
- Reduce the amount of radius increase (20 → 10 meters).
- Cellular Suppression
- Reduce the duration of the suppressing effect when using Cellular Suppression (3 seconds → 2 seconds).
- Wrath of Rasputin
- Reduce bonus Solar damage (previously 100-200 → now 25-100).Elemental WellsTwo Elemental Well mods are getting improvements in order to make them a more competitive choice when compared to other Combat Style mods.
- Elemental Armaments now has an increased chance to spawn an elemental well based on the tier of the enemy defeated.
- Font of Might's base duration has been increased to 10 seconds and increased the damage bonus provided from 10% to 25%.
Fit for an Iron Lord
Prime Rewards - Fireworks Bundle
- Fireworks Exotic Emote
- Fast Lane Exotic Ghost Shell
- Vanishing Point Exotic Sparrow
- VOR PYL VIII Legendary Ship
HOW TO REPORT GAME ISSUESPlayers who encounter issues in game are encouraged to report them to our Help Forums where other players, volunteer Community Moderators, and Destiny Player Support can help answer questions and escalate issues.When reporting an issue, please make sure to include the following information to help us with our investigations:
- A detailed description of the issue.
- What you were doing when it occurred.
- Where in the game it occurred.
- An image or video of the issue if applicable.
- If an error code was received, specify the exact code.
- The platform and character you were playing on.Players are also encouraged to view our Known Issues article for the current Season prior to reporting issues to ensure that they are not already under investigation.PREVIOUS SEASON REWARDSFrom the Previous Season page on Bungie.net, players can collect Season Pass rewards they earned during the previous Season that were left uncollected. Players will have until the start of the new Season on August 24 to claim any previously earned Season Pass rewards from Season of the Chosen. Once Season of the [REDACTED] starts, the Previous Season page will be updated with Season of the Splicer rewards.To collect previous Season rewards, players needed to have earned the corresponding Season Pass rank during that Season. Players should note that the ability to claim previously earned Season Pass rewards is only available for the immediate previous Season, with uncollected rewards from prior Seasons becoming permanently unavailable.KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- Players who have a full quest inventory can pick up the “As Prophesied” quest. This quest can be acquired again from the Quest Archive.
- At the end of the newest Override mission, players should wait for the timer to end and not press anything so they can view a cutscene.
- Some messages in the H.E.L.M. and Eliksni Quarter don’t show subtitles or names.
- Sometimes players in a fireteam won’t be able to view seasonal cutscenes.
- Champions may not spawn in the final boss room of the Warden of Nothing on Grandmaster difficulty.
- In French, the Exo Stranger’s Weekly Challenge incorrectly tells players to defeat enemies using Stasis while on Europa. To progress this Challenge, players will need to defeat enemies using Stasis when NOT on Europa.
- Solstice Key Fragments remain in some player’s inventories after the conclusion of Solstice of Heroes.
- The Laconic ornament for The Last Word ejects bullet casings when firing, while the base weapon does not.
Guiding through Grandmasters
Made by Hand
My Uldren Sov cosplay is fully assembled!! 😍— LilyBlue ⭐️ (comms open!) (@LilyBlueArt) August 9, 2021
6 weeks of work, 8+ hours a day. Sewn, foam-crafted, and 3D printed by me. I’ll have a hair and makeup update (and some more glamorous pics) in the next couple of weeks once all my supplies arrive! #destiny2 #cosplay #destiny2art pic.twitter.com/wfsRhLIhBA