This Week At Bungie – 8/1/2019
Luke and Mark: As we’ve been getting closer and closer to serving up Shadowkeep and New Light, it has become increasingly clear to us that our releases for this Fall would benefit from a bit more time in the oven.Being independent means that the future of Destiny 2 is entirely on our team. It also means that we’re agile enough to choose to do what’s best for the game and our players, even if it’s the hard choice.We wanted to let you—our community—be the first to know that we’re changing the date for Shadowkeep and New Light from September 17 to October 1.
PRAISE THE SUN!
Burn your enemies where they stand with today's Solar Elemental Buff.
🎆 https://t.co/g0apIVlNjg pic.twitter.com/Tj9SfY5ujT
— Destiny 2 (@DestinyTheGame) July 30, 2019
Move lightning quick with today's Arc Elemental Buff.
🎆 https://t.co/g0apIVlNjg pic.twitter.com/osfSAFYivk
— Destiny 2 (@DestinyTheGame) July 31, 2019
Ending on a High Note
- Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17.
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning weapon reward rates will be highly increased.
- They will also have bad-luck protection to guarantee a drop after a set amount of runs.
- Reckoning difficulty will be tuned to be more welcoming as you hunt for rewards.
- BrayTech Schematics will no longer have a daily lockout and will give better chances toward weapons that players do not own.
- Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
- Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback
- There will be multiple weeks of increased Valor and Infamy to look forward to in September.
- Iron Banner will be accompanied by increased Valor in each event.
- As the season comes to a close, Menagerie chests will become more rewarding as Calus sees fit.
- On the week of Destiny 2 Update 188.8.131.52, we'll be hosting a Community Challenge of sorts. Stay tuned for more details.
Known Issue Callout: Solstice Key Fragment MagnetsThis week, Solstice of Heroes returned in Destiny 2.Shortly after its launch, we identified an issue where Solstice Key Fragment Magnets were not improving the drop rates of Solstice Key Fragments. To mitigate further impact from this issue, we removed this item from the Eververse Trading Co. storefront and disabled its use in players’ inventories.As we investigate this issue, we are also working on a plan to restore Bright Dust to affected players. We will follow up with more information at a later date.Prismatic Inferno and Wolves Unleashed EmblemsEarlier today, we distributed the Prismatic Inferno and Wolves Unleashed emblems to the Postmasters of qualifying players in Destiny 2.Players should be aware that these emblems will not appear in the Collection until Destiny 2 has been updated at a later date. Until then, players who want to wear these emblems should keep them handy in their Emblem inventory.Destiny 2 Season of Opulence Known IssuesListed below are the latest player-impacting issues discovered in Season of Opulence. Players who encounter other issues should report them to the #Help forum.
- “The Electrician” Bounty: Spider’s “Wanted” bounties do not complete the daily bounty “The Electrician,” which is completed by claiming other daily and weekly bounties.
- “Aggravated Battery” Bounty: The “Aggravated Battery” daily bounty asks players to defeat high-value targets, but only progresses when defeating high-value targets on destinations from the Red War campaign (EDZ, Nessus, Titan, Io); expansion destinations (Mercury, Mars, Tangled Shore, Dreaming City) will not progress this bounty.
- Elemental Loadout Bounties: For any bounty that states “Defeat enemy combatants in strikes with an Arc/Void/Solar subclass and an Arc/Void/Solar loadout equipped,” only the elemental subclass is required to complete the bounty. Weapon loadout will not make a difference in completing the bounty.
It been an exciting morning.— Cozmo (@Cozmo23) July 31, 2019
Baby Mackenna came 3 weeks early. But at 9 pounds, this little Titan was ready to break out. pic.twitter.com/cSInfSSnUX