Destiny 2: Gameplay Known Issues and Vital Information
Destiny 2: Gameplay Known Issues
The following are confirmed known issues that players may experience in Destiny 2. Updates to this list will occur when possible. For the most up to date list, please see the Destiny 2 Known Issues thread within the #Help forum.
- Nessus: If players proceed to fall off of a cliff on Nessus in the Sunken Caverns area, their Ghost may be placed in an area that blocks progression of activities. Players may be required to return to orbit and relaunch the Destination.
- Mercury: When playing Curse of Osiris meditations, players may not be able to interact with Brother Vance in the Lighthouse.
- Mercury: Simulation Seeds may not be properly presented when players enter the Infinite Forest. While some effects will be present, players may not see a physical seed floating above the ground.
- Mercury: Enemies may partially spawn within Infinite Forest geometry. This happens infrequently, and enemies will teleport to proper locations quickly.
- Mercury: Players may become stuck within Infinite Forest geometry if they proceed through or around Vex Doors during the interact process.
- Skipping Cinematics: Non-Fireteam Leaders cannot skip in-game cinematics. Fireteam Leads must manually skip the cinematic if the Fireteam desires to.
- Planetary Torrent: When defeated by enemies in the crucible using the Vesper Radius, players may see an improper Tool of Destruction listed in the Guardian Down screen. This may be presented as "Killed by the Architects" upon defeat.
- Solar Rampart: When defeated by enemies in the crucible using the Khepri's Horn, players may see an improper Tool of Destruction listed in the Guardian Down screen. This may be presented as "Killed by the Architects" upon defeat.
- Fate of all Fools: Players are not properly given an audio notification when receiving bonus ammo from the Fate of all Fools perk on the Jade Rabbit Exotic Scout Rifle.
- Scientific Method: Handling and Speed of the Tractor Cannon does not increase when inflicting damage on Spider Tanks, Goliaths, Nightmasks or the Hive Cyclops Enemies.
- Masterworks Weapons: We have verified an issue where multi-kills on floating enemies do not produce orbs as intended. This is currently under investigation.
- Anti-Extinction Greaves: The Female Titan's Dead Orbit "Anti-Extinction Greaves" armor piece may display a small visual issue.
- Exotic Masterworks: Once upgraded to a Masterwork, an Exotic Weapon or Armor piece will not be displayed as a Masterwork when viewed from an Exotic Engram preview.
- Braytech RWP Mk.II Masterwork Enemies Defeated: Players may observe that the Masterwork Braytech RWP Mk.II does not correctly track Enemies Defeated in its tooltip.
- Victorious Veteran Kill Tracking: We are investigating an issue where the Victorious Veteran Crucible emblem may not be accurately tracking Crucible kills for some players.
- Rat King and Vanishing Step: We are investigating an issue where activating Vanishing Step while invisible from Rat King's Vermin perk does not activate invisibility with Vanishing Step, leaving the player visible.
- Extra Ammo Perks: We are investigating an issue in which weapons with perks that provide extra ammo may get into a state in which they have an ammo inventory that is not divisible by the by the burst fire's projected amount. In this state, the weapon will round down it's available ammo to correct the discrepancy.
- Echo Mesa Emblem Variant: We are investigating an issue in which equipping the "Echo Mesa' emblem variant called "Taken Resurgence" removes the option to equip a different variant. Players must unequip the Echo Mesa Emblem to re-access the variant options.
- Masterwork Weapon Stats: Weapons that already have a stat at or near the maximum for that stat may not receive the full Masterwork increase for that stat in the UI or in gameplay.
- Nightfall: Fireteam members who attempt to join a Nightfall Activity in progress will not always qualify for Activity completion. We recommend that all members be within the Fireteam when initially launching the activity.
- Signal Light Quest Step: When players receive a specific Lost Prophecy artifact from Brother Vance, players may need to return to orbit and relaunch the Mercury destination for this activity to appear.
- Tree of Possibilities: Laser effects may sometimes not appear, or appear in the wrong location, during times of heavy connection latency. This will result in players sometimes receiving damage from lasers that they are unable to see, or see in alternate locations.
- Bug in the System: Players may sometimes respawn within the Infinite Forest if defeated within the final area of this adventure. Progress is not lost.
- Adventure Ascend: If a player falls from platforms near the conclusion of this activity, way points will not adjust to redirect the player to the final area.
- Adventure Intercept: If a player defeats the target objective prior to reaching the final area, way points will not adjust to properly direct the player to the activity completion reward chest. Players may still reach this chest by traversing the activity maze properly.
- Infinite Adventures: When completing Infinite Adventures, players may sometimes be required to fast travel back to the Lighthouse in order to leave the Infinite Forest.
- Infinite Adventures: Players are unable to complete Mercury challenges when Adventures are active.
- Strike Playlist: Players are not be able to matchmake into Strikes from an Expansion they do not own. Players will receive a prompt to purchase the needed Expansion if they attempt to join the Fireteam of a player that owns an Expansion that they do not own themselves.
- Warmind: Some quest items in the Warmind Campaign may not show up in the loot stream of all Fireteam members. However, the quest item should still be added to the inventories of all Fireteam members.
- Spire Star: The Spire Star Emblem from completing the Spire of Stars Raid Lair currently tracks Prestige Spire of Stars Raid Lair completions, which players cannot earn progression toward.
- Eater of Worlds Challenge: We are investigating reports that the Eater of Worlds Raid Lair Challenge "By the Light" may not be incrementing as expected.
- Strikes: Nightfall Strike completions do not progression the Heroic Strikes milestone. Only Vanguard and Heroic Strike Completions will grant progression.
- Emblems: The Lore Scholar emblem will only be awarded to players who have opened the Age of Triumph Record Book within Destiny 1 prior to August 1, 2017.
- Prison of Elders: Memorialization for the Prison of Elder will show the first time a player defeated Skolas, rather than completing a Prison of Elders activity.
- Character: Some hair colors do not match their Destiny 1 counterpart.
- Mars Flashpoint Milestone: We are aware of reports that the Flashpoint: Mars Milestone may not be available for some characters and are currently investigating.
- Mercury Flashpoint and Daily Milestones: We are investigating an issue in which the Daily Milestone may occasionally not be available when Mercury is the Flashpoint destination.
- Storage: The first item of Inventory categories cannot be played within the Vault. For example, if a player wishes to place the first Shader present within their inventory into the Vault, they will need to select an alternate sorting for the Shader to be moved from the first slot, then they may proceed to store the item within the Vault.
- Gear Level Requirements: Players who have purchased Warmind may temporarily lose access to previously equipable gear if it is infused with an item above the character's level. Players must appropriately increase their Character Level by earning XP to equip the item once more.
- Gunsmith: The Gunsmith will sometimes offer Armor Mods that are not available to specific subclasses.
- Warmind: If players have a full Engram Inventory, they may not be able to accept some Vendor quest items until they make space in their inventory.
- Sentinel: If a player has swapped their Shoulder Buttons and is guarding when the Titan Sentinel Super ends, they will be temporarily suspended aiming down sights. To resolve the issue, players will need to tap their left bumper.
- Melee Abilities While Holding a Relic: We are investigating an issue where some subclasses do not perform a relic melee while their melee ability is charged.
- Season 2 Faction Rallies Emblems: With Season 2, each faction received a new emblem that tracks the amount of times a Character has pledged to a given faction. An issue was discovered where the last character to equip a Faction Emblem will override the pledge counter for the entire account.
- Exotic Engram Preview: When previewing Exotic Engrams, players may see "Already Added to Collection" in Exotic tooltips when they have not unlocked those Exotic items. This does not affect the potential to acquire that item from the Exotic Engram.
- Waypoints: Tracking a Vendor during an activity will not present a waypoint to players.
- Infusion: When an Exotic Weapon or Armor piece is equipped, eligible exotic items under the Infusion tab will be grayed out due to Exotic equipment limits. The item may still be infused as desired.
- Player Inspection: Destiny 2 Currencies, such as Glimmer or Bright Dust, will display as "0" when inspecting an alternate player.
- Roster: Adding or removing a friend on Xbox Live will temporarily remove all friends from the Director Roster on Xbox One.
- HDR Brightness Settings: Adjusting brightness within Destiny 2 does not properly change brightness when using HDR features. It is recommended that players adjust the brightness of their display in the case that the game is either too bright or too dim. We are seeking to address this issue in a future release.
- Exotic Armor Tooltips: We are aware of an issue in which the perk text on Warmind Exotic Armor tooltips appears in a different color than on similar gear pieces. This does NOT mean that players to need to unlock these perks to be able to access them. We are investigating a fix for this issue.
- Traditional Chinese UI: We are investigating an issue in which players are experiencing very long UI load times when player Destiny 2 using Traditional Chinese.
- Beyond Infinity: If a player advances through this campaign mission quickly, some audio lines may be lost.
- Cannon Trajectory: Players may sometimes be launched in unexpected ways when using class abilities after being launched by Vex or Cabal Cannons.
- Drops in Power Level: Players can temporarily lose access to gear if they infuse items with a higher level requirement than their current level.
- Future War Cult Simulator Gloves: We are aware of issues where the Future War Cult Simulator Gloves have stretched textures that sometimes interfere with first person view.
- Clan Engrams: Players who join a clan via Bungie.net or the Companion App, but do not log into Destiny before the weekly reset, may not be able to retrieve clan engrams for that week.