This week at Bungie, we’re standing between two worlds.
Destiny 2 is the world we’re building. We’ve shared a vision of the stories we’re going to tell there. The time will come to take more steps toward that world. That time is not now, but it is soon.
Destiny 1 is the world we’re still curating. There are final triumphs for you to achieve there. We’re committed to stoking the fires that fuel the heat of battle. Every day, we see Guardians who are still committed to fighting the good fight.
In the weeks and months to come, the conversation about Destiny will take place in both worlds.
Would You Like To Know More?
Ever since the reveal, we’ve catalogued every question you’ve asked about Destiny 2. We’re listening to all of you, and we’re so very grateful that you’re curious. You’ll find some of your answers here.
We’ve updated our calendar on the front page. Mark yours as well. May 18 is the next time we’ll tell you more about Destiny 2.
And we won’t just tell. We’ll show. The gameplay premiere will be a memorable moment – the first time you see Guardians immersed in Destiny 2 action. Our focus right now is on making sure that livestream will be awesome, so we’ll hold fresh remarks about Destiny 2 until then.
We still want to know what you’re thinking about. Keep expressing those curiosities, by all means. All we ask is that you don’t take it personally if we wait for the right moment to satisfy them.
Coming soon to the Iron Temple…
Like we said, there are still fightin’ words to exchange in Destiny 1.
Iron Banner is back next week. If you need Max Light, this is a good way to get there. If you have Max Light, this a great opportunity to get a leg up on the competition. You’ve earned it!
Begins: Tuesday, April 11, 10AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, April 18, 2AM Pacific
The game will be Control!
You should know the drill: Control your spawn and make a b-line for the neutral zone in the middle. If you’re going to capture the third zone, you'd better be sure! That’s usually when a good lead goes sideways.
“What do we get if we fight?”
So glad you asked…
Efrideet will be waiting for you to collect some Bounties and join the fray. We wish you good fortune. You’ll need it. Watch out for those Guardians bathed in the glow of new Raid loot. They’re feeling pretty satisfied with themselves right now. Show them the true meaning of war.
No Fear of the Unknown
If you have an issue while playing Destiny, we want to know about it. Like bloodhounds on the prowl, the Destiny Player Support team scour the #Help forum to pick up the scent of Guardians in need. Their mission is to be a player’s best friend – with the obvious exception of the people from your friends list who save your life in the game.
This is their report.
Age of Triumph: Known IssuesSince the release of Age of Triumph, Destiny Player Support has been actively troubleshooting and investigating issues reported to the #Help forum. The following issues have been confirmed:
- The Destiny game client may unexpectedly close if a player is respawning when a Knuckles of Eao consumable is redeemed
- Players are receiving false Age of Triumph Record Book notifications during gameplay
- Some players who own a Trials of Osiris Flawless Emblem have not been rewarded the proper Record Book progress
- Players are unable to purchase Reciprocal Runes, Stolen Runes, or Moldering Shards from Eris
- Players are unable to proceed through the “Pushing Back the Darkness” Refer-a-Friend Quest Step
- Players may encounter an issue where Elimination games do not correctly end. Until resolved, players may be required to exit the match to continue playing DestinyAdditionally, we are investigating reports that some players are unable to earn Treasure of Ages after the most recent Weekly Reset. If a player has not opened a previously-earned Treasure of Ages from a Weekly Ritual Activity, they will be unable to earn future Treasure rewards.While we are investigating solutions to this issue, we highly recommend that players open Treasure of Ages Rewards earned from Weekly Ritual Activities immediately, to avoid loss of future rewards.Age of Triumph: Vital InformationThrough Server changes, the following issues have been resolved:
- Join-in-Progress has been removed from Rumble Crucible gametypes
- The “Doom of Oryx” Record Book Milestone correctly unlocks for qualifying players who completed an activity during the Destiny: The Taken King release.If you're encountering an issue that isn’t listed in the Destiny Update 2.6.0 Vital Information and Known Issues thread, please post a report to the #Help forum with the following information:
- The issue that you’ve encountered.
- A video or screenshot clearly demonstrating the issue.
- Steps to reproduce the issue.Destiny 2 BetaPlayers who pre-order Destiny 2 will be granted early access to the upcoming Beta, planned for later this year. Beta codes are distributed from participating retailers, which may be found here: https://www.destinythegame.com/buy. Please note the following:
- Players who pre-order Destiny 2 on a console digital store will automatically receive beta access on the store account that was used to pre-order when the Beta launches.
- If you have recently pre-ordered Destiny 2 but have not received a Beta code, please contact your retailer for further assistance.For the Destiny 2 Beta FAQ, please follow this link: https://www.destinythegame.com/beta
Bounties and Baubles
Even with all these new Raid Challenges to master, your Community Manager is still coming in to work. He’s conflicted by it, but he’s a man of action, and a man of his word. The rituals must be obeyed. The rewards must be conveyed.
Cozmo: Your next target is a man by the name of Holtzmann. He will be using his Bounty stream to raise money for Stack-Up.Org. It's a veteran charity that supports the men and women of the military through the use, support, and donations of video games. Show up and try to earn your Emblem while supporting a great cause.
Bungie Bounty: HoltzmannRegion: Tennessee (for now…)When: 12 PM Pacific 4/10/2017Console: PS4Playlist: Clash
The rules haven’t changed. Match with Holtzmann and win to claim your Emblem. It should arrive in your Emblem Collection later in the week. For more details, check out our Bungie Bounty FAQ.
Cozmo: Age of Triumph continues this week with Vault of Glass being the featured Raid. There were a couple of great solo videos submitted, including a solo takedown of 390 Templar and a solo run through all of 390 Crota’s End. These impressive runs caught on tape will be rewarded with the MOTW Emblem. If you have your own impressive feat or creative film, you can submit it to the Creations page for your chance to win.
Movie of the Week: Solo 390 Crota FULL RAID
Honorable Mention: Solo 390 Templar
Honorable Mention: Destiny 2 Trailer Rap
Playing the waiting game is never easy. Time is the final boss. May 18 will come sooner than we think, my friends. We’re seeing to it that it will be worth the wait.
In the meantime, we have glorious combat to keep us warm.