So as the topic states, after playing through Beta with 3 maxed characters and plenty of item transfers in between, one of my largest complaints stems from a relatively small issue.
Why do we have to start from Orbit upon each log-in/character switch? Chances are, if you're logging on for the first time in the day, you want to stop off at the Tower to pick up some bounties, peruse the shops' rotating inventories, etc before just jumping into a mission. (Even Crucible has Bounties to pick up for a more productive use of time) So why not just have characters load into the Tower as a default? Going from Tower -> Orbit takes about 5 seconds, whereas going from Orbit -> Tower takes about 1-1.5 minutes. Each. Time.
This means if you want to transfer an item between your Guardians, you have to first:
1. Log on to Guardian with item you'd like to transfer.
2. Select Tower from Orbit and launch.
3. Deposit item in storage.
4. Log on to Guardian to receive item
5. Select Tower from Orbit and launch.
6. Remove item from storage.
7. Finally go on mission/explore/Crucible with newly transferred item.
Oh did you forget to deposit an item you wanted to transfer?
Repeat steps 1-7.
Compare this to if Guardians logged in right at the Tower (which is supposedly our Home right?).
1. Log in AND deposit items in same step.
2. Log in to 2nd Guardian AND remove items in same step.
3. Be on your merry way.
Would anyone actually be upset if they had to start from Tower and take the extra 5 seconds to go back to Orbit rather than the other way around?