JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
8/16/2019 1:48:20 AM

Cross Save & Migration Question

I saw in the TWAB (8/15/19) that there was some more info about the migration process & i was hoping to get some clarification on the process before i screw something up some how. In the TWAB it stated: “ Steam linking is the first step for PC players to migrate their Destiny 2 accounts from Battle.net later this year and is [b]required before players with linked PC accounts can activate cross save.[/b]” I have a Playstation account and a BNet account. I am making my PS account my main account & plan to play on PC once Cross Save is active. So my questions is this, Do I need to do migration before I enable Cross Save if my PS account is my main account? And if yes, will linking my BNet to Steam first make BNet my main account? I imagine the Steam/BNet linking is more to check purchases but I just want to make sure I get the steps in the correct order & can have PS be my main account before starting in on this process. Thanks!
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by suttungur: 8/16/2019 3:08:55 AM
    Setting up cross-save and PC Move are two different things: - Cross-save enables you to use a single account character save on all linked platforms - PC Move migrates your game content (DLCs etc) ownership and current PC character save data from Battle.net to Steam For example setting up your PS4 account as the cross-save account, those characters would be used on all platforms (PC character data would be safely put in dormant state). However, the content you can play on all of those platforms depends on what content you own on that particular platform. Note that all gear earned on your cross-save account can be used on other platforms regardless of game content ownership.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Do the PC link first before anything else.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon