JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by exalted_lemonade: 8/17/2019 12:35:38 AM

Dress code next time. Please.

After watching the Armor 2.0 stream and seeing a Bungie figure dressed like they just woke up was unappealing to say the least. One of the only good things about Activi$ion was that they always had a professional and refined appearance. While it’s okay to be casual in a work place such as a game development company it is most definitely not appropriate to appear that way to the consumer. I’m not friends with the dev team and I’m not watching a Sunday night game with them either. I’m a consumer. Part of being a consumer is having a safe knowledge that the creator of my consumption cares about the product. So tell me how could the team care about the product if they don’t care to wear shoes? Please have a common decency dress code next time. Edit- no this is not about gender. No I don’t want to see formal wear. My intended point was I would’ve liked to see something above minimal effort. While I respect the work that the dev team does that appreciation does not transfer over to being happy with seeing pure disregard for respecting each other’s time. I understand that tech culture is dominated by people who don’t care about the newest fashion trend but professional presentation is still important. Had everybody on the stream been dressed casually I would’ve seen no problem. In the past the dev members have been dressed casual and that’s fine. Something above nothing is all those of us with a problem are requesting. On a side note the sexism and the idea of “being a snowflake” both have no place here. This isn’t meant to be a hate mob. This is just feedback so Bungie knows that the consumers expect to see a level of professionalism above none. Edit 2- yes. There are more pressing matters with the actual game. However the problems with the game do not override the problems with presentation. There is room for both discussions to occurs. Hopefully somebody has relayed that below causal wear is not the appropriate wear for a live appearance.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by SorrowW0lf: 8/19/2019 1:23:38 AM
    Apparently she was role/cosplaying. Pope Bear from DCP live, explained that she was matching her outfit, to the playstyle that she modded her Warlock to play. Warlock was set up to play a more laid back, lazy style. Focusing on using ammo finders, and her Arc soul to do most of the work. So she dressed in a laid back lazy/cozy pjs outfit. Also why she had her shoes off, and her feet up. Not sure how accurate that is, but Bungie does have a long history of being very purposeful when dressing their employees for live/video productions. That's why there are often discussions about what Tshirt, Luke is wearing, when he makes appearances.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• It’s all about professionalism. If you look like a hot mess I’m not going to listen to a word you say. Unless it’s my wife and she’s sick..... that’s the only time it’s ok.

Posting in language:

61 Replies
    • Edited by Big Worm: 8/16/2019 6:35:28 PM
      I would say the level of professionalism she displayed is equal to the level of professionalism Bungie puts into this game to be honest. This is why I will continue to play whatever they offer for free because giving them more money to waste doesn't seem smart at this point.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        heavyammosynths
        heavyammosynths

Lady Guardian - old

I agree, the whole rolled out of bed look doesn’t work for anyone no matter gender or size. There’s a way to look casual and this wasn’t it, if that’s how you walk into Bungie and do your job and the dress code is fine with it then more power to you, but you’re presenting on camera to the public. I would think you would want to have some kind of professionalism with yourself. This wasn’t a slumber party. Jeans and a hoodie (and shoes) would have actually been fine, but homegirl look like she’s been farting the day away in her pjs.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Wicked_Winnie: 8/16/2019 5:33:56 AM
        [quote]Dress code next time. Please. After watching the Armor 2.0 stream and seeing a Bungie figure dressed like they just woke up was unappealing to say the least. [/quote] I am VERY happy to see this posted! When I turned on the stream the first words out of my mouth were "what the actual f'k?!" Now I'm female and I work in the software industry and when I'm not traveling I work from home... which means I often get to work in my jammies.... so I get it and it's a nice perk. However ANY time I'm in front of a paying customer, you can bet your ass I'm in a suit. I don't expect the people on the Bungie stream to be in a suit but for pete's sake, at least come business casual, not bedroom casual! The feet up on the table with no shoes was beyond unprofessional! To make matters worse, she is in a SENIOR position, she should know better! Also, where is her boss? Why didn't ANYONE take the initiative to set her straight on the proper attire and behavior for presenting to customers? This speaks volumes about the Bungie leadership that they would be THAT clueless about how they present themselves to their customers. It may also be that in today's climate of overly sensitive, triggered employees they were afraid to say anything to her. If that's the case then their management team is truly pathetic. Sorry, not sorry... her dress code and demeanor were an embarrassment!

Posting in language:

61 Replies
        • Lol go find a some joy in life

Posting in language:

• Damn this community has really fallen pretty far to now tell the creators of the game they’re playing how to dress. It’s their game, their stream, and their work they can do whatever the f**k they want for all I care as long as in the end the product is acceptable. Holy s**t if I worked at bungie I’d host every stream in my pj’s if I could cuz it’s MY work (or in this case the teams, but the point still stands)

Posting in language:

• Yeah, the woman in the livestream looked like she smelled like stale Cheetos and beer farts. Casual is one thing, she took it too far.

Posting in language:

• Not surprised by the look, given how sloppy the game is.

Posting in language:

• Oh. My. God. I just watched the stream for this. How utterly unprofessional and just gross. Wtf with those feet on the table? Does she know this reflects on the company? Wow, if I was her boss I’d have a word with her. You can’t take these people seriously.

Posting in language:

• Yeah, I agree whole heartedly. When presenting yourself to your audience, the image is very important, and wearing no shoes and pajamas like some 16 year old emo girl isn’t really going to go a far way in terms of your audience going “wow, these people really care” if you start slacking in one place, it spreads.

Posting in language:

• So..I had not watched the stream yet. Saw this post, and went ahead and pulled it up. Saw her first thing, dressed down, and no shoes. I can understand dressing down for comfort while doing your job, if it’s permitted, but when you’re discussing and presenting what you have been working on...I personally feel PJs and no shoes is definitely not okay.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
          • Well we already know they dont give a crap about or the community. You think they have any respect for themselves? Heh.

Posting in language:

• Triggered by pyjamas..... Congratulations, you're a snowflake

Posting in language:

• Ya’ll are hypocrites. If she was a super fine chick with big melons and curves etc ya’ll would’ve watched that livestream 10x over and worshipped her like the bums you are.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • I suppose Bungie dresses in the same manner they develop their games. Insert word here. Exit stage right.

Posting in language:

• imagine getting this triggered by pajamas

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • This is the first time we are seeing the new Sandbox lead since Wiesnewski and Hamrick left the studio. I actually had to google her and make sure she wasn’t some Seattle hobo. First impressions mean a lot and go a long way. Baaaad first impression. On another note I went to work today in my pjs and unwashed old socks. It was weird especially the part when I had to make a presentation in front of a bunch of customers and prospective customers, everyone was looking at me funny I dunno why ?

Posting in language:

• I do agree the lady did not show the respect to the audience who are viewing. Two points I think of. 1) The lady will get what she deserve in life. No respect to others, she will receive none later on. 2) Imagine it's a man did that kind of behavior surrounded by women in the same presentation....the guy won't stand a chance.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                • I don’t really care what their internal dress code is but that was a bit cringy. Have a little respect for yourself and the viewers.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BegFourMercy: 8/15/2019 10:41:58 PM
                  You know what. I bet it smells like BO too.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                  • I can accept the pyjamas if the company is ok with it, even though I don't like it... BUT - Feets on the table???!!! What normal beeing put your feet where you put things to drink/eat??? (I get it if people do it in their own home if they don't care...) But in front of wiewers??? As a represent of a company!!! No, no and no. Not nice at all. It's offensive.

Posting in language:

• Hopefully they just don’t let that person back on stream. [spoiler]might be able to put away the wide angle lense then too[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• New shader coming from sandbox team. Nail Fungus Green

Posting in language:

• While I agree with this More concerning was that one of them didn’t know simple terms for gun such as kinetic and energy

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                    • After hearing Ms. Or Mrs. Brown speaking about how lazy she is and wants to be and her in pajamas. My first thought was she was one of the reasons Bungie had to do a delay. In a business world where you are trying to promote your product, first impressions are lasting impressions.

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon