JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Unexpected performance drop
4/14/2019 10:42:22 PM
Hey there. Appreciate your report. You may want to perform a [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46501]scan and repair[/url] in the Battle.net app to see if that may help with your issue. If that doesn't work, delete the following local cache/settings directories: [quote] [quote][b]– %APPDATA%\Bungie\DestinyPC[/b][/quote] [i]More information[/i]: [spoiler][b]*WARNING* Deleting these will cause you to lose persisted settings, such as logged in users, keybinds and graphics settings in Destiny, etc.[/b] [i]The directory names above are actual paths that can be used in Windows Explorer. For example, if you enter "%PROGRAMDATA%" in the Windows Explorer address bar, it will automatically take you to C:\ProgramData (default), which is a hidden directory.[/i][/spoiler][/quote]
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Just as an update. Because game hard-froze during Gambit Prime match, much to my chagrin, as this actually disappoints me far more than Drifter, I decided to try new drivers (19.4.2.). Sadly, no improvement in performance, even when turned to 1080p/lowest possible. There are very few areas where this happens so far: Two Gambit Prime maps: - Rig map in general, although drop is minimal, 55+ FPS. - Cavern on New Arcadia, mostly northern area (farthest from spawn), especially heavy when airborne. Don't know what is there that slows game that much. Free roam areas: - Hellas Basin, Futurescape, where southernmost EP tower is, if look up North. - Hellas Basin, Alton Dynamo, room with second inhibitor. I understand, R9 290x is no longer "top dog" it was like what, five years ago, but I'm not talking 1440p/Maxed settings (45FPS, btw), I'm talking 1080p/Lowest. Sorry to not to be of more help.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Appreciate the update! We'll start looking into this.

Posting in language:

• Sorry to disappoint, not helping. Moreover, now I can't use my side mouse buttons. What is strange, I can assign them, but game simply ignores them (I use grenade/interact). Usually it either not allowed me to activate them at all, or if I could assign, then it allowed me to use them. And I tried to swap them as well.

Posting in language:

• Here are a few suggestions that may help with your issue: [quote][b]1.[/b] You might want to [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46407]remove your CVARS.xml[/url] file to see if anything changes. [b]2.[/b] You may want to turn VSYNC on or off to see if that helps at all. You may also need to cap your framerate. [b]3.[/b] Some users have reported that lowering your clockspeed of your GPU may help with this. [b]4.[/b] Some users have reported that lowering their hz on their monitor has helped with this issue. [b]5.[/b] [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/250853399?sort=0&page=0]This player reported that removing Windows Gamebar has helped with this issue.[/url] [b]6.[/b] For AMD Radeon users, [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/251664497?sort=0&page=0]a player reported that editing their Radeon Gaming Settings and Shader Cache helped them[/url].[/quote]

Posting in language:

• 1. CVARS were removed even before I wrote first message, it is almost SOP now:). 2. VSYNC while somewhat helps to mitigate heavy stutter, does not improves overall FPS. Plus it adds tearing about crosshair area, making it nearly impossible to aim. Given that I'm not that good shot to begin with... 3. They are at stock speeds and I don't overclock anything. 4. No can do, it is fixed 60Hz. It is CAD-oriented panel, not gaming one.:) 5. I don't have it and have no idea what it is. I'm on Win7 Pro, as my work software doesn't work with 8 or especially 10 normally. 6. By default (when I created profile to disable Crossfire as your game works worse in CF than I play PvP) shader cache set to "AMD Optimized". Tried both Off and On, no difference in that particular area of the map.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon