JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by dmg04: 12/21/2017 8:25:16 AM

Destiny is about earning loot , not buying loot

Everything from eververse could be put into endgame activities ( if it had actual endgame ) for us to grind and unlock instead of just putting more and more stuff to the eververse store for people to waste more money on smh * Edit , I’m talking about everything that’s new in the dawning event people , you certainly won’t be able to get everything or whatever you specifically want , without paying ( if you want to pay that is , or using bright dust or whatever ) because rng can screw you in the process therefore if you don’t get what you want from the free engrams you get by playing the event , what will people do ? Buy more instead when they could put some of the dawning stuff to get by idk maybe playing the game and actually getting those stuff as rewards from nightfalls , strikes or raid completions ( maybe public events ) but nope , it’ll all be locked behind eververse tempting you to buy more and more until you get what you want in the end after getting repeats upon repeats of useless mods or shaders and finally feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment for getting what you wanted by paying for the loot
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Thank you for the feedback. This is being collected and forwarded to the appropriate teams as necessary. Once we return in 2018, we'll speak to the feedback collected over the holiday season and give some details on future plans. Stay tuned, and keep the feedback coming!

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

359 Replies
    • we should drop the game for some~time to show them we're not taking it anymore

Posting in language:

• Do you seriously have to have every single ghost, ship and sparrow that are the same exact 3D models (most of which are reasons of regular CoO loot) with slight variations of paint jobs? There are 16 pieces of armor, 4 emotes, and 5 other exotic items. You have potentially 63 chances through daily gift schematics. Buy what you really want with bright dust. Prioritize. I know this is hard to hear, but you’re right...you can’t have everything.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • Don’t like it? Then don’t buy it. People today are crazy. I remember dumping thousands of hours into Halo 1-3 because it was [i]fun[/i]. There were some things to unlock, but for thousands of hours after, I kept playing for [i]fun[/i]... It is weird to me the amount of people who act as though playing is a chore and that they need to be rewarded for it. Incessantly looking for ways to cheese and get activities over as fast as possible. Eververse is optional and no content is barred or affected as a result.

Posting in language:

22 Replies
        • Here’s an idea https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/241289063/0/0

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • And look at dmg04 automated response, remove eververse or we shall remove ourselves

Posting in language:

• The fanbase is finally waking up T_T Im in tears because I hate it took a 2nd Destiny for you guys to realize their greed. #removeeververse #stopbungiegreed

Posting in language:

• "feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment" I see what you did there. But yea, a looter shooter where we have to buy to get the loot, is pretty damn silly. Now I am not saying we have to get EVERYTHING from timed events all in the first week, but at least possible to get maybe half? I mean when D1 IB came around, it is possible to get all the weapons, though yes there is RNG, but still a chance. With D2 events, there is no possible chance even with 100% rng on your side.

Posting in language:

• Bungie replied. Will probably add kiosks. Or something of the like. Another improvement they learned over the course of D1 and apparently just forgot about during the development of D2. At one point in time id tell you I know they won't be foolish enough to lock it behind the osiris dlc... But at this point.... can't put anything past them.

Posting in language:

• It's not even possible to get all the pieces without buying them, as they require special engrams that are limited by account, not character, and even then only for 3 weeks (you're earning regular old bright engrams by leveling up, with no attachment whatsoever to The Dawning items). If you want a complete set, you will be forced to pay for it. That's complete and utter greed, and not what we expected by what they said when they started this slippery slope to begin with.

Posting in language:

• PSA: They aren’t going to #removeeververse if you keep buying silver, so don’t.

Posting in language:

• #RemoveEververse

Posting in language:

• Edited by integra_93GS-R: 12/28/2017 4:32:46 PM
            I honestly don't care enough for these armor sets to spend money on them. Perhaps if they had unique attributes to them! But it's all cosmetic anyway, so idgaf.

Posting in language:

• You have the option no one is forcing you to buy #LongLiveEververse

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• Thank you poster. I hope for the same end game with eververse

Posting in language:

• Thanks for your feedback. We will take this to the developers and if we aren't making enough money in eververse, we will change the design and pretend that it is a gesture of good will towards our players.

Posting in language:

• To add insult to injury, "grinders" are being punished by having their loot rates dropped for doing exactly what they say will help you get more loot, complete events over and over, there is only so much you can do before repeating things, wtf?

Posting in language:

• Keep the pressure on the forums everyone, @dmg04 responded to this thread specifically out of all the forum backlash. I know much of what I say will likely not be looked at by anyone, but I also want to express what I think. Guys, we have every reason to be angry about what Destiny 2 is--especially after slogging through with Bungie all through D1 and this is what happened---but hyper aggression, threats, and insults will never make anything better. Channel the anger to constructive consumer criticism, base it on true grievances rather then rage, and form a case as to what needs to be changed to win you back (if possible.) # RemoveEververse absolutely. First and for most. This would be my absolute happiest option. But if it needs to stay because of Activison or monetization, there should be the loot table needs to not be flooded with as much content there is. I would feel better about eververse if there was a small "themed package" to the event or season. Where only 1-2 armor sets, shells, sparrows, emotes, and ships are within the eververse loot table. There should not be so many items which exceeds a 1:20 ratio for Everything in the eververse engram. It should be obtainable in some grind-able way either through the leveling up process, or through a system similar to D1 where we could look at the director and know exactly which activities would give us the engram, but always obtainable in an actual consumer friendly way. We should never feel as a community that anything we want is too far away or completely unattainable. Every single other item in eververse should be in thematic activities. All the Curse of Osiris illuminated engram items like the exotic ships, sparrows, and shaders NEED to be in the endgame as potential rolls. Not rolls for the illuminated engram. It needs to be like the sagira shell where we needed to collect all the guns. That was awesome and exciting to learn, and has now caused me to play some more after a month of dismay. This will help pad out time Bungie needs to make sweeping improvements to the game play such as the mod economy, possible random rolls, PVP woes, and grievances we've had as a community. It is ridiculous the majority of Eververse items are not in the endgame and is in the MTX economy. I also believe removing the majority of the content of eververse and releasing them into the endgame, while partitioning eververse to an actual small factor of the destiny economy would win back some favor from us in the community frothing at the mouth. This would also allow Bungie to still get the MTX Activision is likely shoving down their throat to have, while still addressing the community. Small themed packages for eververse should also NEVER be the only themed items in the game per season or event. It should be only one in the bucket of dozens in the endgame. The quality of the items ingame also need to be on par to the eververse one, though eververse likely would be tweaked slightly to look more appealing. Fine, so long as we again have an actual possibility to acquire the items fully without money AND the engram economy is the same as what we have now with accelerated xp gain for the first 3 level ups per week per character. Though never do a sneaky move with the xp again like in the last couple weeks of controversy. If at all anything, this themed eververse package could be bundled together for a "season blank engram package." Could be $10-$20 that contains ALL of the primary loot in eververse per this concept described. And be very up front exactly what is inside it. I love the Destiny universe and I love this community, but this is enough. Get your crap together Bungie and know many of us just want to play the great game you said you would deliver, you said would be here. This is the best I can think of to get both sides of The Consumer community and Bungie/Activisionto feel ok with a compromise. I hope this criticism helps if at all and understand that you can't screw up anymore. Time to put on the pants and give the game the community and players are looking for/yourselfs in the Destiny vision. If you don't Bungie, this game is already dead and Destiny 3 will likely be like battlefront II or even worse. Truly be transparent. You don't have to tell us everything instantly since feedback requires scoping the possibilities, but stop being so cryptic. Stop saying the same thing similar to what dmg04 said in this thread, as it looks weak and spineless due to us all being told the same thing over and over since all these controversies have happened. The controversies need to stop. Bungie needs to be able to say to us you screwed up and didn't do right by the community. Not the wishy-washy corporate apology that "something wasn't right." Still, Have a Merry Christmas Bungie employees and good luck. I look forward to playing the D2 I dreamed of playing after begrudgingly coming back from d1 year 1. This game is special and the community knows it; that's why we're so angry. Because we know you can do better Bungie. I hope you do. And Merry Christmas to the community, you guys are crazy but great.

Posting in language:

• Destiny 1: [b]Ships:[/b] Patrol, strike, eververse, shipwright, Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, Special events. [b]Sparrows:[/b] Patrol, strike, eververse, shipwright, Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, Special events. [b]Ghost Shells:[/b] Patrol, strike, eververse, shipwright, Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, Special events. [b]Shaders:[/b] Patrol, strike, eververse, shipwright, Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, Special events. [b]Emblems:[/b] Patrol, strike, eververse, shipwright, Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, Special events.   Destiny 2: [b]Ships:[/b] Shipwright, Factions, Eververse. [b]Sparrows:[/b] Shipwright, Factions, Eververse. [b]Ghost Shells:[/b] Factions, Eververse. [b]Shaders:[/b] Patrol, Eververse, Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, Special events. [b]Emblems:[/b] Patrol, Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, Special events.   Bungie has now acknowledged the issue, once they come back from their vacation they will immediately begin work on removing shaders and emblems from Vanguard, Crucible, Factions, Trials, Raid, Iron Banner, and Special events. Along with Introducing several emblems for purchase from Eververse.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • Edited by Filthy Casual: 12/21/2017 4:05:31 PM
              Remember when they said eververse was to fund live events? But aren't all the live events are just more eververse? 🤔

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              • Edited by Odin: 12/22/2017 5:27:19 PM
                I thought Xmas was about giving, not taking... Edit: This is pure Hog Wash. This is the respect and appreciation you show to your player base Bungie for Xmas? https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=615s&v=2SsJ9s6KB5c&app=desktop

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Well it's a damn shame i won't get everything. I will not spend a single dollar on those damn cosmetics.

Posting in language:

• destiny is about teaching kids about gambling. and friendship because... uh... you don't wanna gamble alone? yeah that sounds good

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • For Bungie!!! bust your wall wallet it out you John and pay Tess!! She’s workin for her pimp Daddies!!! hear her callin out when your at the post office! she beggin for more!!!

Posting in language:

• Edited by N00bMaster69: 12/21/2017 2:39:56 PM
                    "There will be tonnes of loot!!" Whsipers: "behind eververse" Super quiet whisper: "make sure to bring your credit card" - Cayde 6, destiny 2 trailer.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon