JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Community

Edited by Spawn: 9/21/2017 1:35:11 AM

Please can we stop being a toxic community?

There is well too much salt in this community. In the first game Destiny was infamous for having a toxic community; thankfully Overwatch harbours most toxic players now, but at this rate the D2 fanbase is going to deteriorate into a salty community which loves to whinge. If I were a gamer looking to buy Destiny 2 and read through these forums, I would most likely be put off buying the game altogether. You don't need to be rude, you don't need to rubbish Bungie and you don't need to capitalise everything to get your point across. It shouldn't be hard to understand that Bungie devs, DeeJ, Cosmo, etc are going to be much less inclined to engage in conversation with the community when all the community has to offer is whingeing and toxic behaviour. We aren't Overwatch, please can we try to not become infamous for having a toxic conmunity? [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been updated with tags that are more appropriate. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic, for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#Community

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You see the kind of people pvp attracts are insecure,unenlightened and very immature they think they have accomplished something meaningful. These types of people are often very delusional and have convinced themselves they have developed a meaningful skill but in real life they are mice amongst men and the girls are the same way. So you see it doesn't matter what they do or say just know that they are small pitiful individuals trying to seem important.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Well pretty much only the PVP side of this game is toxic asf. But that's what you get when you play PVP: Toxic players. Look at games like CSGO or Dead By Daylight. Those games are strictly PVP and their communities are pretty much filled with salty/toxic players. It's just the way gaming is. I've just come to accept it more than you.

Posting in language:

• Join my clan "Toxic D2 Players FTW" I only invite scumbags

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • That's what entitled 15 year old little boys and girls do.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Shaddap fool

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Pc community will be here in a month. It's going to get worse

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • The best thing everyone can do here is if people are insulting, harassing or worse, report them! Bungie made a foolproof handy dandy report tool right next to the reply button...so take a zero tolerance attitude towards people who make personal, emotional attacks and report the crap outta them. Thats the best thing the community can do, assuming Bungie will act on that info (and no, criticisms about destiny itself are not a personal insults and are not reportable - and just like compliments, complaints should be protected. Dont waste Bungie's time reporting stuff you disagree with. Opinions are protected, personal attacks are not)

Posting in language:

• 1. People are too lazy nowadays 2. Squeakers feel like they're entitled to everything without lifting a finger. 3. "Veterans" and I use that term loosely due to the fact that when I compare a Destiny "veteran" to an SAS veteran. You're nothing more than a gamer with a god complex. No such thing as a veteran gamer. Grow the -blam!- up. 4. "Veterans" believe because they played Destiny from day one, they are entitled to the franchise so much that they insult, abuse and cry about everything that ever happens on a sequel. Just because we are first timers on destiny 2 does not make us inferior to you in anyway shape or form. So put down your dick measuring stick and act like a human being. 5. There are a lot of issues with the game but when you spend four hours a day crying about "BUNGIE BEST GIVE ME Y REFUND" but then fail to state a LOGICAL, ELABORATE ADULT description of what you think the ACTUAL FAULTS of the GAME are. Are you surprised nothing gets done? Point and case : VeteranIhave400MillionhoursandFeellikeImagod : Hi Mr.Dev. Please can I have a refund for my destiny game because I don't think it's fair that someone who's ever played the destiny franchise has the MIDA an is wrecking me with it. This shouldn't happen. I'm a "Veteran"" Mr.Dev : "-blam!- off bro" If you're gonna bitch about a game at least bitch about something worth botching. Cause and Effect, it isn't rocket science. Also, this community may be toxic, but perhaps If you stopped feeling entitled like you "deserve something" as in I'm pretty sure Bungie didn't create this game simply just to satisfy your personal ego. You might enjoy the game. Not disputing there are TECHNICAL issues, but I really did miss the part where Bungie was suppose to give a -blam!- about your damaged pride/ego.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
            • Edited by BaconRiot: 9/22/2017 2:06:55 AM
              If this community succeeds in influencing this game, then it will likely be a pile of garbage just like D1. I think D2 is passable and I'm pleased with the little things that are getting added/re-adding to the game, but if PVP reverts back to resemble anything D1 provided... I'll be back on Halo 3 doing my thing once more.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • -blam!- you.

Posting in language:

• I have played destiny since beginning, day one. Year one. Yea the first lot of DLC was a bit of a let down, then changing the 'grind' to 40 the majority of us did was a bad move bungie but all in all and for those faults, what a game!!! Loved destiny 1 . Destiny 2 is the one, loving it!! Games will always have there faults and it's 100x better than most games out at the moment

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Penis

Posting in language:

• Edited by HumDrumHokum: 6/9/2021 9:18:13 PM
                  Nope

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                  • Fellas, is it gay to Several times both outside and inside Battle Arena i try more than the same every way to shotgun. Why? Meega hones the blades only to have spilling resurgence of kilos all over the ground. Watadushane is both groping and reaching in the middle of battle! Where I reach? Down the throat? When ever to shotgun in d1 I was like zeus. Now to shotgun as weight ammo catagory I have no chance ever to go or come kill everything. D2 graphics like pure mountains spring and natures melody in heat. But for me, ignakasa never more than rumour always reaching, always groping. I hope to bungie changes.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • [quote]you don't need to rubbish Bungie[/quote] Bungie is a corporation and corporations don't have feelings. "Rubbish" Bungie all you like, Guardians. I also want to point out that this "toxic community" doesn't appear out of the vacuum of space like the Big Bang. Bungie makes the game. If players are divided over issues such as nerfs, Trials, lack of matchmaking, rewards, etc., that's Bungie's doing. Don't fall into this notion that we need to defend Bungie from the community. Bungie has DeeJ, Cozmo, and an entire PR and marketing department to defend Bungie. For better or worse, I stand with the community.

Posting in language:

• The internet says no.

Posting in language:

• Sure....if I was a little girl :(

Posting in language:

• That’s like asking a fish not to swim.

Posting in language:

• Problem is... - half this community is a tryhard fanboy sweaty meta muncher looking to K/D whore, sell stream subs, get paid for Trials carries, and noob stomp. - the other half is a solo casual looking for fair and balanced game play in a fun and enjoyable way. Mix those two and you get this toxic community where neither one cares to hear what the other has to say. Example... my dozens of posts about D2 that got ridiculed by fanboys who are now whining because D2 wasn't what they expected.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Its okay just wait for the next rainbow six siege update and all the toxicity will migrate to its original place

Posting in language:

• Every game has a toxic community. Id like you to name one game that doesnt have a toxic community. Its sad but true

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        • D2 is a good game overall. The disappointment comes mainly from former D1 players, like myself, who compare it to the glory days of old. We miss the best things about that game, wish they were used in D2, and expected Bungie to implement/fix/create D2 as a better version of D1 (which it is in many cases). They dropped the ball on the nightfall with the use of timers, but the implementation of timers was used at the end of D1 also. Jumping through rings and shooting objects to extend the time has nothing at all to do with the narrative of the strikes, and I guess there are some in the community who enjoy speed runs but most do not. Strikes and reward packages are meaningless now unless they are powerful gear. The story in D2 is great in comparison to D1, not going to orbit is a plus, public events are relevant, mods/shaders are a welcome change, and there are probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • To stop this you need to swing the ban hammer left and right, other wise people never learn. When they still not learn, perma ban their characters, delete the loot. Companies are far too soft here. Toxic players ruined alot of great games and often get even spoiled by companies. Blacklist all the nerf screamers would be the first good start.

Posting in language:

• no

Posting in language:

• Wouldn't be toxic if the servers worked properly. I get disconnected at the worst possible times for no reason at least 5 times a session. Gotten oathbreaker 4x in a row today b3cause it won't stay connected long enough to go through the seeker find group timer and the nighfall

Posting in language:

• Looking for new recruits must be active and committed. Join here today. https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2594360

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon