Chris Proctor: When we launched Trials of Osiris, we made a new origin-specific perk for Trials weapons: Celerity. This is a wildly powerful perk (+100 aim assist, handling, and reload – plus reduced recoil and spread – this perk is nothing to sneeze at.) with very low uptime.We intended this to be great for clutch "last Guardian standing" plays in Trials specifically. And when it's active it IS very strong, but we found that a trigger condition that relies on failure generally feels pretty bad, and the power it grants doesn't negate that feeling. Players never like betting against themselves or their teams. Not only that, but the perk is useless outside of Trials (and a couple of other activities).Sidenote: The Deep Stone Crypt origin perks were well-received, so while Celerity specifically didn't hit the mark, the idea still has legs.In Beyond Light we introduced Adept weapons to Trials, wanting to try out a new system for aspirational weapons in a small set before rolling them out more broadly. We had three goals for Adept weapons:
- Give players a tangible reward to aspire towards, with custom visuals and a unique name, letting them flex a little.
- Give players who've earned an Adept weapon a minor Power boost and some gameplay customization options (in the form of the improved Masterwork granting +3 to all other stats, and the ability to equip Adept mods).
- Do not make players who can't earn these weapons feel like they can't compete with players who have them (*cough*Not Forgotten*cough*).We've seen all of your suggestions to make Celerity and Bottomless Grief intrinsic to Trials and Nightfall weapons, or only to the Adept versions, and I wanted to touch on this idea.Thematically this is a cool idea, and adds to the flavor that these perks can give their sources, but there are three problems:
- For performance reasons, we have a maximum number of perks that can run on a character at a time. Legendary weapons have a threshold per weapon, and many of them are right at the limit - adding a perk on top of that without taking one away causes Bad Things to Happen, in the form of random parts of perks turning off.
- Adding a new perk column to weapons from a specific source introduces power creep, and pretty soon we'd end up having to do the same to weapons from other sources.
- Adding a new perk column to ONLY Adept weapons would work against the third goal of Adept weapons, and we believe would feel bad for players dying to Adept weapons that are able to stack Celerity with things like Outlaw and Rampage.In Season 14, we're making the following changes to Trials and Nightfall weapons, and their Adept versions (Note: This only applies to new drops of these weapons, not previous drops.):
- Nightfall weapons:
- Bottomless Grief grants a permanently active +30 to Magazine.
- Bottomless Grief is now a fixed alternate perk in the left column on Adept drops of Nightfall weapons (i.e. you can switch between that and the randomly rolled perk in the inspection screen).
- Trials weapons:
- Celerity grants a permanently active +20 to both Reload and Handling.
- Celerity is now a fixed alternate perk in the right column on Adept drops of Trials weapons (i.e. you can switch between that and the randomly rolled perk in the inspection screen).Moving forward, we're not done with origin perks, and hope to have something that better achieves our goals in a future release.
PROVING GROUNDS NIGHTFALLEarlier this week, the Proving Grounds strike entered the Nightfall playlist. When the Season began, we revealed our Seasonal calendar which showed that on March 30th the Proving Grounds strike would enter the Vanguard Strikes playlist for all players.We failed to acknowledge on the calendar that Beyond Light and the Season Pass would be required to play the Nightfall version of Proving Grounds. All Nightfalls require ownership of their associated expansion to access, with examples for previous expansion-gated Nightfalls versus free Nightfalls below:
- Free to all players: The Arms Dealer, The Devil's Lair, The Disgraced, Exodus Crash, Fallen S.A.B.E.R, The Inverted Spire, The Insight Terminus, Lake of Shadows
- Requires Forsaken: Broodhold, The Corrupted, The Hollowed Lair, Warden of Nothing
- Requires Shadowkeep: The Scarlet Keep
- Requires Beyond Light: The Glassway, Proving GroundsWe're working with our teams to update the Season of the Chosen calendar and future calendars to better reflect this distinction.
GUARDIAN GAMES GHOST SHELLSWith the launch of Patch 3.1.1, it was discovered that player’s Guardian Games Ghost Shells were being replaced with other Ghost Shells, and would disappear when equipped. This issue is now resolved.To address any lost currencies resulting from this issue, players will be granted a Masterworked version of each of the Rival Guardian Games Ghost Shells currently unlocked in their collections.Players with full Ghost Shell inventories will have their Shells sent to the Postmaster and should pick them up before they get pushed out by other items and are no longer available.
FLAWLESS DUNGEONWith the launch of Beyond Light some changes were made to how flawless Triumphs were rewarded for dungeon completions. While previously flawless Triumphs would be awarded on an individual basis for not dying during the activity, they now award on a fireteam basis instead. This means that every member of the fireteam will need to have no deaths during the activity for the flawless Triumph to be awarded for each dungeon.
CROSS SAVE REMINDERPrior to altering their Cross Save setups players should keep in mind that Cross Save does not permanently transfer characters or account data between platforms. In order to access your Cross Save characters on a different platform than they originate Cross Save must remain active. There is no possible way to permanently transfer account data between different platforms.To get started with Cross Save, please click here.
WEEKLY KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- Players can continuously respawn in the electric wall in Presage and become trapped.
- Players may become stuck under moving platforms in the Proving Grounds strike.
- The Wanted: Arcadian Chord bounty is no longer available from Spider.
- Xaras, Greed of Xivu Arath is incorrectly displaying as "Fallen Walker.”
- Players using Wish Ender may not be able to see through walls when standing in a Warlock’s rift.For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players can review our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
Bahto and Katabasis on da Glykon#destinythegame #DestinyArt pic.twitter.com/tknbpYee4d
— Meaty (@Meatybitss) March 30, 2021
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.