JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/28/2018 10:21:39 AM

Strikes are too easy

Strikes are too much easy nowadays, there are no longer challenges. I know that a lot of people actually complained a lot about the heroic strikes playlist when Warmind was released, but they have become too easy. Now most of time i play a strike, my 2 teammates skip all the strike to the boss and kill it in 2 shots with the sleeper... What is the points being a gardian if a single weapon makes all your abilities irrevelant ? And i still do not understand the point of skipping all the mission... I think we need a strike playlist between 560/575 or even more. This playlist would be still fun to play when we will be 600 of power. There are people that want challenges not just in pvp and gambit and can't do the raids.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Freedom Midved: 10/4/2018 7:16:45 AM
    I think y'all commenting are missing the point. I'm a solo player, back in D1 i used to run them over and over again, it was the main reason i played the game. I was about 380-ish, never reached the cap since i had no crew and the game kicked me out from every crucible match. Strikes for me were challanging in a way that they were not easy, expecially when the damage boost matched the boss damage type, but they were doable. If you didn't pay attention you would easily die, expecially on that siva strike with the invulnerable siva orc if the damage boost was void, in D2 I can't die even if i try and i'm 525 so i can only imagine what they look like when you're 600. Plus, you could not speerun through them like in D2 and the bosses actually had some hp. The bosses used to drop shit, you would get legendaries 3/5 times, 3 of coin were a wonderful way to drop exotics and so on, there was a freaking reason to play them. Now beside the daily and weakly milestone there is no reason at all to play strikes. The point is, there is no content beside crucible for a solo player to enjoy. They should add matchmaking to nightfall, this may solve some issues.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Nightfall score runs make them more challenging

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • I think maybe there should be a challenge mode, with 3-6 modifiers(set) each week that has endless replayability with connections to the nightfall. The base power level would be 550 and then it goes up to 600 (additional required modifiers or power level penalties). The loot has a chance for powerful drops, or increase chances for exotics or catalysts. The problem is if this can be grinded how do you keep from guardians advancing too fast. This is the dilemma for Destiny 2. How do you implement difficult content, with good rewards, but also have those rewards reflect a direct progression as opposed to leaps.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Back in the early days of d1, id save low level gear so i could matchmake with other people wearing low level gear. Those randoms were the best! we'd fight our way through the strike with the mobs being a higher level than us. i miss being able to do that. now they just match anyone, doesnt seem to matter if they are close or not to your level.

Posting in language:

• Just turn on Glass and Iron on the Nightfall. Literally the same effect as playing it 10 levels above yours.

Posting in language:

• Strikes have literally never been challenging outside of Nightfalls with shitty modifiers.

Posting in language:

• leave them how they are. they already take too long

Posting in language:

• I like the idea of a 'Heroic strike list' Put sleeper simulant on the shelf and try something else I remember in D1 trying some ridiculous speed rounds doing strikes with only certain weapons, or headshot kills only, or melee only, and going for maximum kills against buddies. It kept it fresh once the challenge wore off.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Stop using the sleeper and put on starter gear.

Posting in language:

• Well, there IS THIS thing called the nightfall...and you can even make it a harder challenge based on modifiers you can choose yourself...getting a 100k powerful engram isn't necessarily a walk in the park

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Nowadays? They've always been easy They are for leveling to 500 and bounties. Solo the nightfall if u want a more challenging strike.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • They are fine. Want a challenge? Max out mods and handicap and run NF.

Posting in language:

• Still harder than D1. I could solo nightfalls in D1 (when death meant getting kicked to orbit.)

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Edited by Corrick II: 9/28/2018 2:51:35 PM
                The game has to be fun for the majority, which means balancing the hardcore “I want it to hurt” crowd with the more laidback “I want to screw around for a couple of hours” players. So, if it seems too easy, try other activities that are harder, like the nightfall. Are you saying heroic strikes are too easy as well? I haven’t even tried those yet.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Edited by Caboose: 9/28/2018 2:58:26 PM
                  [quote]are too much easy[/quote] Ok.

Posting in language:

• the rewards are not worth it... not in d2... strikes where ruined late in d1 and they continued the path right into d2...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Shhhhhhhh... 😏

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • The last thing we need is more tedious content for garbage rewards. And just because people use certain weapons doesn’t mean you have to..

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon