JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Player 1: 7/10/2013 4:24:01 PM

Service Tags

Anyone notice the service tags in the E3 reveal? There seems to be a lot more room for characters because the players in the public event had larger customized tags while the fire team we follow thoughout the reveal all have the tag of [i]bng[/i] which probably stands for Bungie.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

Vicex
    Vicex

It's not an English flag - 7/26/2016 10:08:15 PM

I thought it was a gamer tag... Or the PS3 equivalent
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

2 Replies
    • I think it was just an example PSN ID. similar to how in the BF4 demo everyone was either Alpha# or Beta#.
      Add more answer options

• The service tag will most likely help to further individualize players as well as assist in call outs if a players has a particularly hard gamer tag to pronounce. And maybe if we get to see Bungie team members playing Destiny they'll be keeping the [i]bng[/i] as their tag for quick identification.
      Add more answer options

preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon
    You are not allowed to view this content.