JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by SoapyBarracuda: 6/17/2013 8:15:04 PM

Destiny Weapon Customization, Confirmed?

Sorry if the pic is kind of small. In the screenshot, at the bottom left there is a weapon silhouette. The silhouette shows a medium/long range optic on the weapon, but the weapon in the players hands has a short/medium range holographic optic on it. Could this be a nod towards more weapon customization along with a weapon skill tree? Discuss. Edit: I'm not talking about the gun, I'm talking about the OPTIC on the gun and the icon being different.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• The MS Paint is strong with this one. You will go on to do many great things I feel.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Nice catch
      Add more answer options

• Edited by Excal144: 6/18/2013 5:27:16 PM
      [url]http://imgur.com/3LmzPFc[/url] I think weapon customization will be a thing. The weapon in the boxes seem to be color-coordinated with the armor of the Titans. (Specifically the green one). Hopefully, we'll be able to add modifications like the -blam!-ING AXE in the red box!
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • I think it will be more of a Borderlands style loot system, where the weapon drops have different parts every time. Having customizable weapons takes too much of the random factor away from looting.
        Add more answer options

6 Replies
        • I would love to see attachments that fit the weapon as part of the weapon progression system they showed at E3.
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • I just hope thee will be tons of different gun variety like in borderlands all the stats are the same but most of the guns look the aame
            Add more answer options

• With how much bungie has been talking about personalizing your adventure and growing as a character while coming to love your gear and playing the way you want to play I would double down on weapon customization. Even if it's not at launch you can bet your pretty floral bonnet it's in the cards
            Add more answer options

6 Replies
            • you really have a good eye sight....
              Add more answer options

• As far as I know, you can assign attributes to weapons as you level them up. Or the attributes themselves just improve as you level up the gun. As far as full on parts customization, I haven't heard that's something you can do.
              Add more answer options

• That's actually a very good catch sir, nice eye. Hopefully it means something.
              Add more answer options

21 Replies
              • Edited by FoMan123: 6/17/2013 8:55:47 PM
                Bungie has mentioned that customization will be good for making your weapon "yours" and making your friends jealous. I'll look for a related video and timestamp. EDIT: Found it. Video above: fast forward to 48:00 where they're talking about "modular design" and "mixing and matching" weapon parts.
                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                • I doubt it. It's probably just the generic icon for all of that kind of weapon. Personally, I think weapon customization, as well as weapon crafting, are both very possible.
                  Add more answer options

4 Replies
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  You are not allowed to view this content.