JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

12/23/2012 3:26:04 AM
ALI217

The cancel button

Does anybody use it? I've never really acknowledged its prescence and when writing my last post I accidentally clicked on it, hence forth it is now an inconvenience. Should I ever have the desire to erase my post-in-the-making I shall go back a page or click on the banner at the top taking me to the forum which that thread was made In. The question I pose to you now is should it exist or should it be terminated with extreme prejudice ( pretend you have the power to do this)? P.s. this is the cancel button you get when you're writting a post.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I think that I've used it once... But that was just because my mouse happened to be on it when I was writing a reply.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• No, I should use it a lot more.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] spartain ken 15 There is a cancel button? [/quote] yes, [url=http://awesomescreenshot.com/08cqr4sa0]look Sken.[/url] [Edited on 12.23.2012 2:32 PM PST]
    Add more answer options

• I'll use it on a rare occasion, but I normally just hit the back button. I've never clicked it accidentally, however, so I see no reason to remove it.
    Add more answer options

• I prefer the Forum Topics button on the right, above the hot forum topics.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] catman6 Nope, if I feel like cancelling, I just hit the banner at the top[/quote]This.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] antony X1000 It's easier to just go back.[/quote]I agree. Going back is just one hotkeyed mouse button away.
    Add more answer options

• I cancel most of my posts, which is why you don't see me around much.
    Add more answer options

• I cancel all the time.
    Add more answer options

• There is a cancel button?
    Add more answer options

• Cancel button makes drunken posting slightly annoying.
    Add more answer options

• I use it. Say I write something, then I change my mind and don't wanna post at all so I click it and keep reading other posts in the thread.
    Add more answer options

• No, I usually just press the "forum topics" link up top if I don't want to post it.
    Add more answer options

• I've used it a few times recently. If I get a little angry at someone on here I'll cancel my post before I let my emotions get the better of me.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] zoobkillerninja I have hit it on my phone on accident a few times. [/quote] I did that yesterday, this is what prompted me to create this create.
    Add more answer options

• I have hit it on my phone on accident a few times.
    Add more answer options

• I've never used it in my 8 years here.
    Add more answer options

• I use the cancel button occasionally if I decide not to post whatever I'm writing... I see your point, but I wouldn't call it an inconvenience really.
    Add more answer options

• I think I've used it a couple of times. Usually I just hit the back button, or click on the forum's banner.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] RigZ Boi And the Most Mundane Thread of the Year goes to OP! ;)[/quote] thank you. I am to please.
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] catman6 Nope, if I feel like cancelling, I just hit the banner at the top[/quote] Yep, I do what catman does!
    Add more answer options

• It's my favorite button. I think more people should use it.
    Add more answer options

• EDIT: [b]^^[/b] What the guy above me said. I enjoy it and use it quite often. [Edited on 12.23.2012 8:05 AM PST]
    Add more answer options

• I actually [i]do[/i] use the cancel button. Unfortunately though it's right in the middle of "quote" and "preview", which leads to shenanigans.
    Add more answer options

• And the Most Mundane Thread of the Year goes to OP! ;)
    Add more answer options

• I just close the tab if I decide not to post.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.