JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Community

Discuss what we all have in common.

8/5/2004 6:27:18 AM

I wanna help out the mods

I would like to help out the mods in anyway I can. I know that they probably do not need help. I was wondering if I found any off topic/thread or vulgar/offenssive posts if I could PM a mod and tell them about it.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Meh, it wouldn't make much of a difference once the bank finishes charging fees for exchanging the money. At least we're out of the sub-50 US cents quagmire and up into the mid-70s stratospheric region. - Reiginko
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• OK Reiginko. I was going to send you 100 US dollars, but I'll send you 100 Australian dollars instead.
    Add more answer options

• I am taking that into consideration now ;-) Can't promise I'll remember it though :P [Edited on 8/7/2004 11:59:11 PM]
    Add more answer options

• Yeah - durandalnumberstring, goweb will probably take about 8-10 hours to respond to any alert you give him, cos he's in the UK. If you post a report in HFCS, you'll get the best possible response time. - Reiginko
    Add more answer options

• The best way is definitely to add it to the Report database at HFCS. That way it doesn't matter which mod is online at the time.
    Add more answer options

• The best way to help is to report it to a mod straight off (I personally choose goweb ;-) )... If the thread isn't THAT seriously out of line, or is getting off track, or has somebody trying to start a fight... you just ask tehm to calm down/stay on topic/or warn them that the thread won't last long if it maintains its current course. Personally, I see the second method work alot... except in the age thread by the_Ender... things got very out of hand and many threats and many PM's of abuse were sent my way when I set people straight... And another round of thanks to those who backed me up in my absence, being in Australia I recieve alot of stuff about 12 hours before I see it... And any form of the name mithrandir should be avoided... I believe that is the 3rd incarnation up there... he lives to spam :P
    Add more answer options

• [i]Post snipped by Moderator. Ignoring dopes like this one is also a big help. :) I accept cash or direct debit. Preferably in Australian dollars. Or a really big cheque, like the ones they get at sporting tournaments. Like, at least a metre wide. I'd also prefer if the cheque was left blank. - Reiginko[/i] [i]Maka was here - Maka[/i] [Edited on 8/7/2004 2:29:56 PM by MakaVeli4LIfe1]
    Add more answer options

• great shiska! i have paypal too! Accept your money soon!
    Add more answer options

• Shishka now accepts PayPal! Also, it's fine to pm us if you think we haven't noticed a bad thread. However, please remember to include a link to the thread in question in your pm! Simply saying "There's a thread in New Mombasa that should be locked" won't help at all. Even just giving us the title may not help, as the thread may have moved down a page or two by the time we get to it.
    Add more answer options

• I helped more when we only had the 3 mods but we have more now. Yes, they could still use help but having 3 was like suicidal. If I see something I will normally message someone, but I normally only come on once a day now unlike before when I was here 24/7.
    Add more answer options

• Metallic or Matte Black?
    Add more answer options

• Do you want the cash shipped to you in large or tiny suitcases?
    Add more answer options

• Yes, feel free to send us PMs about topics that have gone sour. We are sure to check them out and please, I accept cash only. And yes, we do like getting help. We can't be in every forum at once.
    Add more answer options

• I never knew about the HCFS thing, thanks, Maka.
    Add more answer options

• ok I will do all I can to help you out
    Add more answer options

• [quote][b]Posted by:[/b] Banshee Barron What I try to do is that if I see some sort of extremely offensive thread, or flame war, I just give a mod the link to it and they handle it in no time. [/quote] And when I get those, I always check it out; thanks, by the way The HFCS thing is just another way
    Add more answer options

• What I try to do is that if I see some sort of extremely offensive thread, or flame war, I just give a mod the link to it and they handle it in no time.
    Add more answer options

• A regular Direct Debit payment should suffice.
    Add more answer options

• What? All the money, or just my life savings? And how would you like it sent? Direct Debit? Mail? lol
    Add more answer options

• Hey, you guys are all doing just fine Here are a few things that you can do: 1) If you see a spam thread, or anything messed up, don't even reply to it; it's simple 2) Use [url=http://seventhcolumn.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/fanclub/10481/databases/view_database.html&dbid=39266]this[/url] database to report anything; HFCS is our base, basically 3) Send me all your money That about wraps up what you can do. Don't forget the 3rd one; very important
    Add more answer options

• yeah filthy spammers
    Add more answer options

• Yeah, that forum has downgraded so much since I joined. It's sad, really, many good threads being bumped down by repetitive spam. [Edited on 8/4/2004 10:50:06 PM]
    Add more answer options

• especially in New Mombasa
    Add more answer options

• Agreed. The mods might be able to use any help they can get, what with the recent spam outbreaks.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.