This Week in Destiny - 06/22/2023
Jun 21, 2023 - Timon
Moin Moin (That’s “Hello” in German), Guardians. This week in Destiny, we are going fishing! All over the world, Guardians have fallen in love with those little fishies. So, this week we have something special for you! But first...
In case you missed something, last week we talked about:
- Pride at Bungie 2023 recap and a free emote.
- A nice little sandbox Q&A to dive a little bit deeper into some of the most frequent burning questions.
- Iron Banner is back with Eruption.
- Fashion contest picks for #DrownInTheDrip.
- PlayStation x Destiny 2 crossover art roundup.
So, this week we will dive in the following stuff:
- Throne World fishing rally.
- Bungie Day Giving Festival announcement.
- What’s new from our Player Support Team.
- Weekly #Destiny2AOTW and #Destiny2MOTW picks.
- With no further ado, let´s get into it:
Get the fishies and the loot!
To start this TWID off we have a tip for all who haven´t found out yet: you might want to visit Hawthorne. We heard that her people found something in the fishing ponds in the Throne World.
Go and spend some time there and see what bites! Remember you gotta catch ´em all. Have fun fishing, Guardians!
Bungie Day Giving Festival
Bungie Day (July 7) is right around the corner, and we are excited to welcome back the Bungie Day Giving Festival for its fourth edition. This year’s campaign returns with some of our biggest incentives, prizes, and surprises yet! The festivities kick off on Thursday July 6 at 10:00 a.m. PST with our first featured stream and the fun rolls through July 23.
There will be more ways than ever to get involved this year with the campaign. Stay tuned for a special blog post next Wednesday, June 28, for full details on how to register, what you can earn AND win, and to learn about all the ways your continued support has created real, impactful, tangible good in the world. Don’t miss it!
Player Support Report
The Player Support team is back with another report about known issues and aspects of the game that players should be aware of in the coming weeks. Here’s their report:
While we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- We are aware of an issue where the "Battle Rhythm" Seasonal challenge incorrectly instructs players to defeat targets anywhere in the system. This challenge can be successfully completed in Crucible, Gambit, or Vanguard Ops playlists.
- The Strand Slayer Crucible bounty is not progressing from Strand Primary weapon kills.
- Players can die from finishers if the enemy dies before the finisher animation completes.
- The “Efficient Angler” Seasonal cChallenge is progressing inconsistently.
- The Crucible Competitive placement series does not drop the Mercurial Overreach Sniper Rifle.
- Due to an issue, the Kephri’s Horn Exotic Titan Helmet has been temporarily disabled.
- The Helm of Saint-14 Exotic Titan Helmet is not functioning as expected.
- Players can get stuck outside of the final boss arena after self-reviving in the Ghosts of the Deep dungeon.
From TWAB to TWID
Hippy: From TWAB to TWID, there’s a journey behind every blog post. If ever there was a more accurate representation of what that process is like, it’s this. Please, take this 100 percent seriously. It’s very serious, OK. OK?!
Movie of the Week: Where TWID?
Fishing in company
Bruno: Fishing, what a great thing, right? EsSpecially in good company.
So, that is it for this week's TWID. I hope you had fun reading and now go catch some fish! Get ready for the upcoming Bungie Day Giving Festival, and keep an eye out for a preview of our mid-season weapon tuning updates in July. See you next time and haut rein (That’s “Let´s go” in German)!