Rewards in Destiny 2Hey everyone,This week’s update is going to look at some of the changes coming to Destiny 2’s rewards. As you know, rewards for your character come from a variety of places: Playlists where you find random folks to play with, aspirational activities like Raids, Trials, and Dungeons where you form up a Fireteam, and even Eververse, where you sling some Silver or Bright Dust back at us for items you want. However, in today’s Destiny 2, the balance of the game’s rewards is not where we want it to be. To be blunt, there isn’t enough pursuit out in the world. We’re going to fix it.Let’s get to it.All of this and more is planned for Destiny 2 Year 4:
Vanity and Accessory (Ships, Ghosts & Sparrows) ChangesWe will be adding a Transmogrification feature to Destiny 2.
- This will allow players to turn their Armor into Universal Ornaments.
- We plan to allow players to do this with in-game effort OR Silver.
- This feature is in early development and is expected sometime during Year 4.Each Season we will deliver an aspirational pursuit for armor. We haven’t done this consistently in Destiny 2.
- This armor will come from activities, not the Season Pass nor Eververse.
- As an example: We removed the Eververse Armor from Season 11 and itemized it into an aspirational activity, because this is the right thing to do for the game.We are improving the rewards for Aspirational Activities (Raids, Trials, Dungeons)
- Going forward, Aspirational Activities will reward players with power, items, and vanity.
- When we build an Aspirational Activity it will have at least one accessory to pursue.
- The team is working on Adept Weapons for Trials of Osiris.
- Trials will get new Armor (aka not reprisal), accessories, and weapons in Season 13.
- Trials will get new Armor every year.
- Destiny’s next Raid will have brand new Armor, Weapons, and Exotic Accessories to pursue (no spoilers).Beginning in Season 12, we will no longer be selling ships, ghost shells, sparrows, or armor ornaments in Eververse that are visually based on themes from Aspirational Activities.
- We are not planning on changing existing items as that is time we could be spending on itemizing the future.
Core Playlist Rewards changes (Strikes, Gambit, and Crucible)We are adding a new set of Armor for the core playlists (Strikes, Gambit, and Crucible).
- This armor shares a set of new geometry, with decals and shaders specific to the activity.
- We will create new sets like this each Year (e.g., Year 4, Year 5, Year 6, etc.)
- This set will arrive alongside the next Expansion.Starting in Season 12, we are adding a new Pursuit Weapon each Season.
- This weapon can be earned by playing your preferred Core playlist.
- This weapon will have activity-specific Legendary Skins that can be unlocked in each playlist.We will no longer be selling new Legendary Weapon Ornaments in Eververse
Dust and Engrams.We are making it easier for you to earn Bright Dust.
- We will be moving away from character-specific ways to earn Bright Dust and more toward Account-specific paths.
- This change is geared toward giving one-character players significantly more Bright Dust than they earn today.We’re updating the Bright Engram to be more relevant than it is today.
- The earned Bright Engram in the Season Pass will be updated to include various Year 3 Eververse items previously sold for Silver and Bright Dust. And going forward, that Bright Engram will update each Season to include Eververse items from 3+ seasons prior.On behalf of all of us at Bungie, we hope you and yours are safe and well. We know you could be doing anything with your free time, and so, so many of you are spending it in our worlds. Thanks, and stay safe.See you soon,-Luke SmithAnd now back to your regularly scheduled TWAB!
SMALL FIRETEAM XP BUFFFireteams who play together, stay together, which is why it’s important to reward them for their dedication. Earlier this week Bungie Help tweeted out an issue identified with the Season Pass Small Fireteam XP Buff:An issue has been identified with a fix in progress where a small amount of the Season Pass Small Fireteam XP Boosts aren’t always applied to players appropriately. Regular XP Boosts aren’t impacted. Stay tuned to our This Week at Bungie blog post this week for more information.We concluded that, in the worst case scenario, this issue is unlikely to have impacted players more than a single Season Pass rank. We expect to deploy a fix by patch 188.8.131.52 on May 19.ERROR CODESDestiny Player Support is investigating increases in connection-based error codes, including BEAVER, ANTEATER, and RABBIT, with priority set to NEWT and WATERCRESS errors.As we continue to investigate solutions for players affected by persistent WATERCRESS errors, Destiny Player Support has set up an investigation timeline for players to track the progress of our internal investigations into the issue. This thread will continue to be updated with the latest information as it becomes available and until a solution is found.KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- The Doom Fang Pauldron exotic Titan gauntlets gain Super energy inconsistently on Void melee kills.
- The Warlord’s End perk on Felwinter’s Helm exotic Warlock helmet activates inconsistently with melee and Finisher kills.
- Performing a Finisher while wearing the Severance Enclosure exotic Titan chest piece will not count Finisher kills towards bounties.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.