Dev Team: Hard Light has been at the forefront due to a combination of recent adjustments to improve its usability and the adjustments to Auto Rifles that came with patch 2.8.0.Most of the adjustments coming on Wednesday are to address its usage for mouse and keyboard users since the ability to precisely aim regardless of range allows you to use the weapon at longer distances, on top of being able to use ricochets more effectively.Although weapons like the Fighting Lion can also do what Hard Light does for indirect fire, they are generally less effective during a direct confrontation. Hard Light boasts a lot of great stats, and its impact grows with more players using it - eventually no cover is safe. As such, we’re reducing some of the aspects that allow for indirect fire and unexpected lethality in odd scenarios, while still retaining some of the bonuses to keep the flavor.
- Hard Light
- Hard Light's damage falloff now floors at 0.7x (Auto Rifles use 0.5x standard).
- Split ricochet bonus damage between PvE and PvP.
- PvE damage remains at 2.0x damage.
- PvP damage is now 1.35x damage.
- Removed a hidden recoil adjustment that made the weapon more stable than intended.