JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
12/5/2025 8:52:10 PM
1

Returning player experience

Wowee, there’s a lot to take in - what must it be like for brand new players? So many flashing thingies all trying to tell you about objectives, guardian rank, light level, the portal, etc. Half the time I’m just pressing the button to get rid of the damn stuff. Please may I shoot some aliens? Then, talk to Drifter, now talk to Drifter’s ghost, now collect disk from Drifter so you can listen to Drifter’s voice on disk. What in the blazes?!  When you see player numbers dropping and people saying D2 is nearing its end, it’s not difficult to see why. How do they lift this bloated carcass back onto its feet and make it dance again? However, when I did get to just play, it was fun, like it’s always been. First mission - great stuff. IMO, the IP still has huge potential, but it desperately needs Sony investment for that to be realised.

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • [quote]However, when I did get to just play, it was fun, like it’s always been. First mission - great stuff. IMO, the IP still has huge potential, but it desperately needs Sony investment for that to be realised.[/quote] Agreed. I genuinely enjoyed the expansion, I had a lot of fun playing through it, but one criticism I do have that's shared with a lot of the community is that it felt kind of small, especially compared to Edge of Fate (which took me, like, twenty hours to complete.) For me the vibes were great in Renegades, I especially enjoyed the higher enemy density, the expansion felt like it was firing on all cylinders when we got to fight, now this energy needs to be scaled up. Sony should invest in Bungie's A-team, the A-team does great work, but the damage done by the B-team is lasting. Imagine a world where we got two great expansion packs in a row, instead of the on/off cadence D2 has been in since, like, forever.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon