JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
10/10/2025 5:56:24 PM
2

Returning player with linked account

Hello, I'm a returning Xbox player who hasn't played for a few years, and I no longer have an Xbox. I recently got the Humble Bundle legacy collection and wanted to play on Steam, however it says I already have a linked account. I did some research and saw that the rules were changed earlier this year to prevent cheating, so I was wondering if there were any one-time exceptions for cases like this. My old characters have some content that I don't believe is available anymore, and I really don't want to start from scratch. I appreciate your time, thank you.
English
#Help

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Unfortunately, as of March 25th, you can no longer unlink accounts. Bungie will not forcefully remove an account for you. There are no exceptions to this policy.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    2 Replies
    • Edited by GrundleBeans: 10/10/2025 7:45:06 PM
      Hi there. What megatron1984 has mentioned is correct. If you want to continue using your Xbox characters and have them cross saved to play on Steam, you can do that without physically having an Xbox console, so long as you can still authenticate the Xbox account login (it is not deleted or banned). However, if your Xbox and Steam accounts are already linked to different Bungie profiles, it is not possible to link them together. Xbox console characters can also be played from Xbox PC using the same account (to access DLCs on Xbox PC, they must be purchased for Xbox PC and cannot be transferred or shared between console or Steam). Otherwise your next option is to start on Steam from scratch with new characters and create another Bungie profile separate from your current one.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon