JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/29/2025 9:54:15 AM
24

Day 1 alpha vet

Most posts on the forum these days start with, as a day 1 vet. Makes me feel like I'm the only player in the game that hasn't played since day 1. So hands up, if like me, you didn't start playing on day 1.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • 2
    Archon Of Light-Born
    Archon Of Light-Born

    Destiny&Marathon - old

    I am a D1 Beta player, and you know how much that matters on the current state of the game, 0

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • As a D1 alpha vet I can tell you there weren’t that many of us

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Started in the second season of d1 I didn’t start on release… but before rise of iron. During the second season/ expansion. Didn’t miss much except bragging rights 😂

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • 🙋‍♂️I started playing D1 when D2 dropped, was looking for a change from Halo so figured I’d start at the beginning, didn’t move across to D2 until I was happy with my time spent in D1.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I played the Alpha, then the beta and been on the game since it came out. But now I'm not that hc for the game, now and then I take a break and play other games, but lol always coming back. I like the game even with all the problems it has.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • D1 Alpha

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I think people say it just to show how long they’ve been playing. I played the D1 alpha/beta and was playing on day1. I don’t think it’s relevant given how much things have changed in the years since release.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • destiny was released september 9, 2014, i started playing on the 14th. played all the time. forever 29 must know how to cheese templar must have ib or gally must know how to cheese atheon must know how to cheese certain strike bosses must know how to run relic must be a titan with bubble or self res warlock

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Started with Forsaken (D1 was a complete write-off for me because I don't play console exclusives, for coordination reasons). Took a break for at Shadowkeep's launch, then came back 3 weeks before Beyond Light and have been playing since. Although a lot less recently than before EoF....

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • D1 beta xbone baabayyy games gone to sjite

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Man starting with that, like i know they do it because it sounds like it will add credibility to what they're saying, but in my brain it's in the same category as the ppl I've raided with who say "I did Crota in D1" which usually means I haven't done any prep and haven't raided since D1. I started in curse of Osiris.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I came across the alpha by mistake. Then played the beta. Then a week after it came out.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Around the same week vog came out in d1. I remember a post by bungie about it here, it had a screen of the entrance. I also remember being really annoyed that I had to sign up to these forums to read the grimoire entries or something.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • About a month or so after launch of d1

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • <3 Alpha on PS3 Beta on Xbox One PC D2 Beta Xbox One D2 Beta

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • D1 beta

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • This old tortoise can’t recall the precise date…though it was most like Xmas 2014…as a T being wingman to my (then) young ninja! 😁 I got my own Star Wars ps4 about almost a year later…when school started… MTFBWY 🖖 Ease Springs! 👻

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • 🙋‍♂️

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I started playing during the D1 Alpha

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      31 Replies
      • Been here since closed alpha destiny 1, prior to the open beta. Not a dev either was just a lucky guy who got in. And no you did not need to be a dev to play destiny alpha, a lucky few got in.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Maybe every idiot in existence all happened to play the D1 Alpha globally, these kinda posts tend to be the whiniest rants from people that just want to turn D2 into D1 but-with-mantling-edges, because they suck at jumping puzzles still.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Edited by Golden: 9/29/2025 4:53:48 PM
        Started in March of 2015 :) It all started with the game demo that allowed you to get to like level 7. Enjoyed it, bought it along with the Dark Below. Can’t escape it now :/

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • I started the first Christmas after release when the PS servers went down for a week. I can't remember the name they came up for us. It's been a wild ride. Loved the beginning, hated the end.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        2 Replies
        • Just ignore posts starting with this sentence ;)

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          2 Replies
          You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon