JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/2/2023 8:04:49 PM
4

Having to Pay for a PSN sub to play D2 is BS.

So as a Playstation player, like many others, I need a Playstation network subscription in order to play destiny. So year on year I play more to play D2 than PC or Xbox players, playstation don't really give a good reason, and I want to WHY? The way I see it is I paid for the machine, the game+, the internet connection, and the power it uses, and I only see this as a tax on using there systems. Of course PSN know that if plays didn't need it in order to play multiplayer they would lose a large amount of subs over night. But here is the what hold on a minute moment. D2 is in the free to play section on PSN, yet most, if not all the FTP games do not need a PSN sub to play, games like Fortnight. There are some other games that don't need it like Elder Scrolls online which aren't free. I would like Bungie to answer this question. Considering ever tier of Playstation network subscription is going up at the end of 2023. I have brought everything Destiny, perorders, everything, on this platform, I cannot afford to more and only have time to Destiny 2, so free games, cloud storage, and discount on other games the sub offers is kind of worthless to me. And I and many other would like to know what you can do about it.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Go ask Sony.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • I've long since switched to steam as I got tired of that BS.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • [quote]So as a Playstation player, like many others, I need a Playstation network subscription in order to play destiny. So year on year I play more to play D2 than PC or Xbox players, playstation don't really give a good reason, and I want to WHY? The way I see it is I paid for the machine, the game+, the internet connection, and the power it uses, and I only see this as a tax on using there systems. Of course PSN know that if plays didn't need it in order to play multiplayer they would lose a large amount of subs over night. But here is the what hold on a minute moment. D2 is in the free to play section on PSN, yet most, if not all the FTP games do not need a PSN sub to play, games like Fortnight. There are some other games that don't need it like Elder Scrolls online which aren't free. I would like Bungie to answer this question. Considering ever tier of Playstation network subscription is going up at the end of 2023. I have brought everything Destiny, perorders, everything, on this platform, I cannot afford to more and only have time to Destiny 2, so free games, cloud storage, and discount on other games the sub offers is kind of worthless to me. And I and many other would like to know what you can do about it.[/quote] Funny how PlayStation is now the only platform where you need a subscription to play Destiny. Sony hasn’t changed it since it went free to play.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    2 Replies
    • I let my PS+ subscription expire and I can still play D2 with no issues on my PS4. I don't know what you are talking about when you say "PSN subscription". I'm not paying any subscription for my PSN account.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      10 Replies
      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon