JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
2/8/2018 10:30:39 PM

Guardians Meet Here

Hey, Bungie Community. I know… I know… [i]“Where have YOU been?”[/i] It’s true that this website was once exclusively my beat. That was long ago – an entire age in Internet years. These days, it’s no secret that I’m working more behind the scenes to empower people like Cozmo (and now Dylan!) to be successful on the center stage. I never stopped being aware of happens here, though. Serving the Guardians is a team effort, just like everything that happens at Bungie. Today, I wanted to share some additional thoughts on some of our forum moderation policies. [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242827681?sort=0&page=0]Earlier this week[/url], it was announced that forum participation requires a player to first reach The Farm in Destiny 2 with their Guardian (preferably a Warlock loyal to Dead Orbit, but you do what feels best). We also offered up a reminder that our [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/View/bungie/conduct]Code of Conduct[/url] is very much alive and well, along with the army of community volunteers (know them as “The Ninjas”) who are sworn to help us uphold it. While the announcement may have sparked a new conversation, none of these were new ideas. The code of conduct has existed in some form since 2004 (or bust), serving a goal to set expectations for respectful behavior. Throughout the first years of Destiny, we had a similar minimum requirement that forum users must first reach the Tower after completing the first mission. [i](“Eyes up, Guardian.”)[/i] As a follow up to the launch of Destiny 2, we still needed to update the required milestone, and we finally got around to doing that thing. Old ideas. New game. Our goals have not been censorship or monetization. We seek to provide a valuable service to our community. This website is open to all players who have taken their first step into the world of Destiny, whether you use the full retail game or the free trial as your vehicle. As a Guardian, you are welcome to track your adventure, make new friends in groups, form up into teams as a clan, or just speak your mind on the forum. We’re not taking any steps to remove negative feedback about Destiny 2. In fact, if you’ve expressed a desire to see something added to the game, it’s very likely that it’s itemized on our [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46612]Development Roadmap[/url]. If it’s not, lend your voice to the #[url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tg=Feedback&tSort=6&tType=0&d=1&lang=en]Feedback[/url] forum. All we ask is that you meet us halfway as a player. Your community team is committed to the experience here. We can always do a better job of providing a respectable place where people can express sincere opinions about the games they play that we create. It’s true that there are forums on Bungie.net that have nothing to do with Destiny, but we believe that a player who is invested in the game we share is likelier to respect the forum (and the community) that we share. This is why the players of our games have often been deputized as Moderators – some of whom have gone on to work for the company. This is the clubhouse that we provide for the players of our games. You are as welcome here as you are in the world we’ve created for you to explore. If neither of those things appeal to you, there are other worlds than these on the Internet. We created this one, so we’re responsible for its upkeep. If you want to join us in that mission, I’m always suggesting that we could benefit from more Mentors or Ninjas to help us serve the player or keep the peace. Set a strong example, and you just might be the next addition to the teams that tend to their own garden. It is our hope that you have a good experience here. We maintain Bungie.net so that you can manage your hobby and make some friends that will enrich your journey. We also want to know you and learn from you. Thank you very much for reading this, and for being here. DeeJ, out.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Never forget.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• DeeJ, you never responded to any of the criticism in this thread. The bungie.net forums are a shell of its former self because of updates like this. The community forum has 100% transformed into a recruitment forum, and the sense of community here is mostly gone. Private groups have also been banished to irrelevancy. As someone who has been regularly visiting the bungie.net forums since the Halo 2 era, you guys really let this place go. Many people who waited through 'the darkness' aren't even allowed to use the forums anymore. People like Recon Number 54, someone who served as a Master Forum Ninja for so many years. This place still has never recovered from the Bungie.next update-the update that destroyed the Seventh Column. And the web team has not done nearly enough to make up for the January 2013 trainwreck. I believed you when you said "Do Not Disband The Mythics", but you still have done nothing to try to preserve the communities that you (Bungie.net) helped create. The Bungie.net forums should have remained a place for all Bungie fans, not just Destiny 2 fans.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Hey Im Swat: 2/8/2018 10:39:25 PM
    Seriously, remove the requirement to play D2 for #Gaming & OFFTOPIC, it's ridiclous.

Posting in language:

52 Replies
    • I feel sorry for DeeJ. He’s forced to stand by bungies decisions no matter what as no other game company will want to touch him after this fiasco. I mean, the moment another community hears his name they will automatically call foul. Same goes for the other popular leads at Bungie. Maybe that explain why they keep silent so often. They don’t want their names associated to this failure until positively forced to. I’m seriously wondering does the marketing team talk to the PR team? Cause it doesn’t seem so; if they do then get a new PR team. I’m this situation I would be walking on egg shells doing everything possible to open up communication — not give anyone the opportunity to claim repressive censorship. Odd decisions by what is turning out to be a more and more odd development shop.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Oh! Its Deej... this changes everything.....NOT. #UNPLUGTHESERVERS

Posting in language:

• So the plan is to slam the door in the face of your tuffest critics, so you don’t read how incompetent you have been to date? Smells like pvssy to me bub.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BLNC1989: 2/14/2018 5:59:13 PM
        Hey Deej, Crimson days sucks. Even the shaders are terrible. No reason at all to login and play.

Posting in language:

• Edited by CleverPilot8: 2/11/2018 4:39:05 PM
        You lied. You deceived. You were part and parcel that stole time and effort from us. You have not one thing to say to us that we can ever believe again. You have zero integrity among your player base now. Good luck.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • Reminder to scroll down to Hey Im Swat's comment to see DeeJ being rude an threatening to reset someone's chr.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Are you the guy that thought 2 tokens and a blue were the most rewarding items?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Edited by Gladlin: 2/14/2018 11:52:51 AM
              Your ban nuke failed. Now hear me. I demand an answer for the callous disregard for this fan base!! Your response is hollow, full of falsehoods, and a slap in the face of those who have supported this studio for years, and quite frankly, the fact that you posted it here in a sub forum where the people who were banned cannot even respond is cowardly! [quote]Hey, Bungie Community. I know… I know… [i]“Where have YOU been?”[/i] It’s true that this website was once exclusively my beat. That was long ago – an entire age in Internet years. These days, it’s no secret that I’m working more behind the scenes to empower people like Cozmo (and now Dylan!) to be successful on the center stage. I never stopped being aware of happens here, though. Serving the Guardians is a team effort, just like everything that happens at Bungie. Today, I wanted to share some additional thoughts on some of our forum moderation policies. [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242827681?sort=0&page=0]Earlier this week[/url], it was announced that forum participation requires a player to first reach The Farm in Destiny 2 with their Guardian (preferably a Warlock loyal to Dead Orbit, but you do what feels best). We also offered up a reminder that our [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/View/bungie/conduct]Code of Conduct[/url] is very much alive and well, along with the army of community volunteers (know them as “The Ninjas”) who are sworn to help us uphold it.[/quote] Why was Offtopic and Gaming subject to this? They have nothing to do with Destiny. [quote]While the announcement may have sparked a new conversation, none of these were new ideas. The code of conduct has existed in some form since 2004 (or bust), serving a goal to set expectations for respectful behavior. Throughout the first years of Destiny, we had a similar minimum requirement that forum users must first reach the Tower after completing the first mission. [i](“Eyes up, Guardian.”)[/i][/quote] It is only a conversation if you respond by addressing our points and speak with us and not talk down to us. At the moment, this is not a conversation, but you are more than welcome to make it one by engaging with us as you once did. Speak with us and explain how this was a good idea. [quote]As a follow up to the launch of Destiny 2, we still needed to update the required milestone, and we finally got around to doing that thing. Old ideas. New game. [/quote] Why was this needed? Why did you “need” to alienate fans? Why did you “need” to push them away? I am legitimately curious? [quote]Our goals have not been censorship or monetization. We seek to provide a valuable service to our community. This website is open to all players who have taken their first step into the world of Destiny, whether you use the full retail game or the free trial as your vehicle. As a Guardian, you are welcome to track your adventure, make new friends in groups, form up into teams as a clan, or just speak your mind on the forum.[/quote] Your goal has NOT been monetization....? REALLY?! Why was Eververse even introduced in D1? Why was it expanded on in D2 to such a degree that you had the forums absolutely FLOODED with calls to remove it? Why did Bungie post an ad on it’s website for a position whose specific purpose was to maintain and expand monetization within the game? Your company sure did put Colossal effort into a system that was not a company goal. If monetization was not a goal, then Eververse would not exists, that ad would have never been placed, and Bungie would not have locked subforums like Offtopic or Gaming behind a purchase of D2. [quote]We’re not taking any steps to remove negative feedback about Destiny 2. In fact, if you’ve expressed a desire to see something added to the game, it’s very likely that it’s itemized on our [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46612]Development Roadmap[/url]. If it’s not, lend your voice to the #[url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tg=Feedback&tSort=6&tType=0&d=1&lang=en]Feedback[/url] forum. All we ask is that you meet us halfway as a player.[/quote] Good for you, because from the look of what was left from the ban nuke, half of the current fan base would disappear. Meet you halfway? You produced two Destiny games. By purchasing one of them, we have met you halfway!! [quote]Your community team is committed to the experience here. We can always do a better job of providing a respectable place where people can express sincere opinions about the games they play that we create. [b][u]It’s true that there are forums on Bungie.net that have nothing to do with Destiny, but we believe that a player who is invested in the game we share is likelier to respect the forum (and the community) that we share.[/u][/b] This is why the players of our games have often been deputized as Moderators – some of whom have gone on to work for the company.[/quote] The bold/underlined part is what I have the most trouble with. There were people here who most certainly did respect the forums and it’s people who never touched D2. Many of them have been fans of the studio since HALO. Trust me, they respected the rules of Offtopic and Gaming, so this notion of “if you play the game, you’ll respect us more,” is misguided at best. Some of us love the potential that Destiny has, but in good conscience could not bring ourselves to buy the game when we hear about locking vanilla content behind dlc, throttling XP gain, ever expanding Eververse despite the protest of the player base, regression of mechanics, selling back to the players what they had in D1, among other things. Why would we want to buy this game? I know Bungie has released a roadmap, but the proof is in the pudding. A road map does not make me excited for a game. A player base that is excited about the game even after launch is what catches my attention. Again though, that does not mean that I do not respect the forum, the CoC, or the people in it. I have had many a spirited debate with individuals in Offtopic but we never got around to hating each other. [quote]This is the clubhouse that we provide for the players of our games. You are as welcome here as you are in the world we’ve created for you to explore. If neither of those things appeal to you, there are other worlds than these on the Internet. We created this one, so we’re responsible for its upkeep. If you want to join us in that mission, I’m always suggesting that we could benefit from more Mentors or Ninjas to help us serve the player or keep the peace. Set a strong example, and you just might be the next addition to the teams that tend to their own garden.[/quote] For your newest games and worlds you mean. Your next comment can very much (and most likely will) be interpreted as “either love our game or gtfo!” Is that really the message Bungie wants to send when it is trying to retain a player base? I read the article about the Wall Street analyst’s conclusion about this game and it is pretty damning if you are looking for investors. The first thing to fix that is to rally your player base, but to do that you have to give them something to rally behind without trying to slide in some shady crap you know they will hate (if you truly have been listening that is). Second, you have got to give the older players a reason to come back. Give them reasons to get excited for and want to buy this game. Lastly, Bungie needs to do more than just say “we hear you.” You need to show the player base that you have indeed heard them by implementing suggestions from them that will improve your game. No more lip service. Show them you mean what you say and that your word is actually worth something. [quote]It is our hope that you have a good experience here. We maintain Bungie.net so that you can manage your hobby and make some friends that will enrich your journey. We also want to know you and learn from you. Thank you very much for reading this, and for being here. DeeJ, out.[/quote] The good experience depends entirely on Bungie. Are they willing to make a good experience without repeating stupid “mistakes” or making new ones? If so, show us. We want this. By “we” I mean the Destiny fan base as a whole. You want to know and learn from us? Casting people out because they have not played D2 is not a good start. You could have asked them, “hey, why didn’t you buy the game? What turned you away from it?” Do you realize the valuable insight you have missed out on? The valuable good PR? If countries casted people out who did not participate in recent elections, is that a correct action? I would love to talk to either DeeJ or dmg04 about this recent decision by Bungie. Engage with us as you once did. If we can work this out, I will sing Bungie’s praises from the highest rooftops and buy D2. If you want to carry this discussion behind closed doors, feel free to message me. I just want to understand and talk. Sincerely, Gladlin

Posting in language:

61 Replies
              • Reminder that you only have to download the free trial and complete one mission to be able to post to these forums.

Posting in language:

• Bring more gear to the game, if you haven't noticed things are going downhill fast. All you have put into the pool of gear are reskins. More content is desperate to say the least. Give a reason to play adventures or public events. You get what I and others are saying, but it carries on the same uninspiring way with little to look forward too. Other than ANTHEM

Posting in language:

• Edited by Odin: 2/13/2018 11:51:03 PM
                [quote]It is our hope that you have a good experience here. We maintain Bungie.net so that you can manage your hobby and make some friends that will enrich your journey. We also want to know you and learn from you[/quote] Nothing personal, but don't you have to have a player base to make friends? This is not a joke, I'm actually being serious. Your player base is plummeting hard core and that is a fact. Even Activions packet is being dug into because of this game. I'm sure they are pleased with that. What makes all this so stupid. Bungie is spending time putting limits on a forum when they should be working on D2 to at least try to make something out of this huge mess. Logic at it's best knowing the game is dying. [b](Even you barley play this broken game Deej)[/b] Oh, tell them great job on getting rid of loyal fans that been on Bnet for years. I mean, it was so important to get rid of like 10 people right that didn't talk nice about this company. Does Bungie even pay any attention to the open net that shows the truth about this company and game? You can control certain things on here, but you can't hide from the net. Even when Activision tries to blocks some of the reviews. Here is an idea, how about stop lying about your game and rigging it to make a profit. Then maybe you guys will have a player base again. I know this has nothing to do with you Deej, but the higher ups need to learn how to show respect to the player base and learn how to actually communicate with them. Especially knowing the player base is what got them up to this point. Yes, Crimson is a start but that isn't the issue here. Are you guys actually this time around 4 years later actually going to keep heading in this direction, or can we expect another Dawning? because even you can't lie about that and say it was for the games best interest. Do me a favor if you don't mind. Tell Luke I have a gentleman's bet. If he is so confident about D2 surviving and it is a "great game." as he loves to put it out to be. Tell him to put IB and Trials back in D1 exactly how they were and have him tell me how great D2 is in a couple months. My bet is that D2 will be dead. When you make a game for 4 year olds and up. This is what you get. Oh, and It's great to know Destiny has a lead that thinks about how can his 4 year old nieces playing Destiny. Screw the player base right? D1 was to hard for them little girls to play. http://www.gamesradar.com/two-four-year-old-girls-inspired-destinys-revamped-quest-and-light-systems/ [quote]While The Taken King was always going to have quests, reflecting on how his nieces would perceive such a major change so late in the game haunted Smith. "I had a moment in a meeting … We were talking about the quest log and talking about how to do it and how we would make it work and what the transition would be like for a player playing vanilla; what it would be like for that player to suddenly begin The Taken King and have all this quest stuff turned on. [b](And I just was thinking about these two nieces and being like), 'Oh my God, those kids would never understand it.'" Smith realized that, in order for his nieces to be engaged in an activity, the rules would need to be there from the start - not something new that they'd suddenly be forced to learn.[/b] As a result, Destiny's previously released content was "questified" as well.[/quote] IMO, you didn't create ROI Luke Smith. It shows throughout the Entire D2 knowing you were pulled from ROI in the beginning to go work on D2 and how watered down and dumb down D2 actually is. You took credit for the Live teams work that actually created ROI. Bravo! Oh, I forgot something. Can you please thank the devs that have been making adjustments to D1 strikes. I'm assuming it's the live team that actually now's Destiny and what they are doing. It's nice knowing they are making them a little more of a challenge again. I been enjoying my time running them these days. See, I give credit where it actually belongs when it's deserved.

Posting in language:

174 Replies
                • Wow

Posting in language:

• Hey guys I think everyone missed the fact that there is a free trial of the game on bungie.net. As deej mentioned here you can get to the farm from there so there is no paywall for the forums. This is simply to filter out people who don't even bother to play 30 min of gameplay before saying -blam!- you bungie. Is it a crime to only want your own community on your forums?

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                  • Cutting gaming and off topic to try stop dissent is a strategic error on your part.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Bungie, you are nothing similar to what you used to be anymore. It’s sad how proud and respected you used to be in the golden Halo years (2001-2010). You used to employ passionate and innovative people, but one by one, you forced them out. You lack vision and as a result you are incapable of developing an landmark videogame.

Posting in language:

• lol, the salt is rubbed deep into the Guardians' wounds from their auto-da-fé...so many tears.

Posting in language:

• How do we know this is the real deej? Another lie i bet

Posting in language:

• Did Deej even make it to the farm?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Come on man I want a refund on the expansion pass Sony was no help and I've emailed your studio many times with no response! The game was got until you tried the same shady things you did in destiny 1.

Posting in language:

• Damn still no likes. Is nobody voting up for Deej? lol. @Deej (not that you're listening). You're game is starting to look like another No Man's Sky without anyone trying to fix it like they did.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Zero upvotes. I'm sorry Deej I think it's time for you to go

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                          • Yeah -blam!- OFF and you can take your snide condescencion and shitty game with you! Please puke out that DLC so I can play it and DELETE.

Posting in language:

• Zero Likes! Priceless!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon