JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by csunset: 10/24/2017 6:21:02 PM

Destiny 2 PC - no sound with bluetooth headphones

Does this game not support it? There was sound in the title menu -> introduction scene -> character creation menu. But as soon as i click on my character to load it, the sound dies off from then on. The first time i tried this, the opening cutscene (without sound ofc) took pretty long to load too. My headphones are sony MDR-1000X, running the game on windows 10 home edition, if that helps. Would like to note that its been like this since the beta, i thought it would have been fixed by now.
English
#Help #gameplay

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• For me switching my bluetooth headphones settings output device from headphones to headset did the trick, weird

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by ArthorMorgen: 2/1/2019 7:14:28 AM
    Hello I got this wireless bluetooth earphones neckband from Amazon which has noise cancelling function and can be work over 20hrs once finished charging, highly recommend https://www.lovedealsdiscount.com/collections/amazon-electronics/products/neckband-bluetooth-headset-earphones-earpiece-wireless-noise-cancelling?variant=22761120104512

Posting in language:

• The same problem is happening to me, Never had this happen before (MPOW Bluetooth Headphones)

Posting in language:

• Edited by Lyriandral: 12/6/2018 7:58:39 AM
    My solution to this problem - disable the headset device (not the headphone device) as speakers AND as Mic. Then you don't need to disable chat. Right click the speaker icon, choose sounds. Go to playback devices - disable wireless handsfree, or headset, or anything that isn't heaphones that has the same name as the bluetooth device you're wanting to use. Then go into Recording devices tab, disable it there too as an input device. What I found was if I had just the playback one disabled - intro screen had sound, but as soon as I chose my character, I lost sound with an audible click (game was changing devices based on microphone because of chat [which is why disabling chat works]). Hope this helps someone else. - Jessica

Posting in language:

4 Replies
    • Edited by thLex: 11/5/2018 5:23:13 AM
      They made Destiny 2 free ... probably to pull more players in who will eventually buy the expansion. But... more than a year passed and this issue still exists... Not a good way to lure in players tho.. I love the some of the replies [quote]Don't use Bluetooth headphones.[/quote] ??? I'm using Bluetooth headphones for years and I never had problems with it before. And instead of not using a BT Headphone I simply won't play Destiny 2 since they can't make something work. I was using this same Bluetooth headphone for Team speak also WoW in-game audio chat. Just tried with Fallout 76 since it has a similar audio chat feature and it works just fine. Well not in Destiny 2. I've tried pretty much everything suggested here and now I can't even hear the background music.. When i start the game everything goes silent. Good work to whoever made it like that ^^ Activision I guess

Posting in language:

• Disabling the "hands free" headphones under windows device manager did the trick

Posting in language:

8 Replies
      • Edited by Jarel Aguilar : 3/14/2018 6:34:13 AM
        Okay, so I've pretty much tried all the solutions on this forum. And the BEST way to use your BT Headphones with Destiny 2 is: 1. Go To Settings. And 2. Turn off chat. Any other solution either doesn't work or only works temporarily. If you really need the chat, you might as well just use Wired Headphones.

Posting in language:

• I have Urbanear headphones and was having the same problem. I already had the bluetooth hands free disabled and i was having the same problem, the game audio would cut off the moment i clicked my character. I managed a fix with disabling the in game talk but i also re-enabled the hands free talk and it started working. I don't know if it is just because the game detects a mic and tries to connect with it and it -blam!-s everything if its not connected or if its because i disabled the in-game talking. Hopefully this helps someone else.

Posting in language:

• Did you ever get a fix for this?

Posting in language:

• Same issue here. Loading and menu music fine.Startup a game : dead silence. Owning a Logitech G930

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I just had this issue and managed to find a fix. I use the same MDR-1000X headphones and this issue can happen when you are playing a game that has a chat feature. The way you can fix it is by disabling the chat-specific audio device in your windows settings. There should be an MDR-1000X Stereo and an MDR-1000X Hands Free. Right click the Hands Free one and click "disconnect" (and disable just for good measure) and it should work again. I was just fighting the same shit so I hope this helps!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • Edited by GiantAvocado: 10/31/2017 2:17:17 AM
            Don't use Bluetooth headphones. If you play ANY game with discord in the background you will notice the game audio is muted. That's just how Bluetooth headphones work. Used to have this issue all the time, but now I have headphones with an aux output jack. Apple earpods are good enough. Only $30 for mid-grade quality earbuds that don't hurt your ears and don't sound like your trying to listen to something with two iPhone 3g speakers next to your ears. About a year ago my old headphones broke so I got Bluetooth ones and whenever I started up a R6S and someone started talking my game audio would mute. Same with discord running in the background for all other games. I believe the issue might be because of the way Destiny 2's voice chat is programmed and this problem is unresolvable.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Edited by jmknapp80: 10/29/2017 3:00:26 PM
              I have PowerBeats2 Bluetooth headphones connected and audio is fine except there is lag. When shooting, in cut scenes, audio is off. Regular speakers work fine.

Posting in language:

• I have a similar issue too. The game completely KILLS the BT connection. I also had the game slow down after it does this. The opening cut scene would load slow and pause every 3 secs. BUT I did find a temp solution until Bungie gets it fixed. The fix I have found was to Alt+Enter to window mode on the Character select screen. Open the Bluetooth window and remove my headset/unpair it. Then pair my headset again and the game audio plays fine. Alt+Enter to go back to full screen.

Posting in language:

• My blutooth headset stops as soon as I click the play game icon, everything works fine everywhere else, but Destiny 2 messes it up so nothing works until I close the app.....

Posting in language:

• Edited by ShadowDragon: 10/24/2017 7:25:46 PM
              Same issue. Loading and menu I hear music fine. But once actually playing game nothing. I even plugged headphones in to test and same issue. Soundblaster EVO Zx Stereo Headset.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon