JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
9/12/2017 12:37:52 AM

Destiny 2 - Kicked Regularly - Baboon mostly - All networking tricks I know tried

OK so I work in IT and I'm not a boob. I have set up many networks. But right now I'm stuck. Here are the facts. I need to know if this is me or just something folks deal with. Facts: Destiny/Destiny 2 are the only games that kick me. Battlefront, Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed, whatever etc... NONE kick me... just the Destiny Games do. - I have 110mbps down and 8 up... speed tests on the Xbox One always say between 75-100 speed down, under 100ms ping, 0% packet loss. - I have a netgear Nighthawk gaming router with DOCSYS 3 modem which is a year old. - I have experienced getting kicked wirelessly on two Xbox Ones in the house and with both of them HARD WIRED CONNECTED to the modem. So it isn't something interfering with Wifi. I have rebooted my network (yes I know how to unplug them) and I have hard booted both Xbox's. I get kicked, usually with Baboon, every 10 minutes or so. The game is approaching unplayable at times. I've noticed that it appears it happens mostly if I am 1) in a crowded place or 2) loading into a mission or area. That leads me to believe this isn't me. My ISP has no idea what to tell me. They say my router and modem look good and I get a strong clean signal. I need help. I need to know what to try. I need to know what settings or something I'm not doing right because every other game is great and my internet signal is clean. My gaming router makes everything else and every other game work amazing. It's just Destiny/ Destiny 2. Please help or tell me this is not something I can help. Or how do I get OFFICIAL HELP FROM THE GAME MANUFACTURERS? Help! Please!
English
#Help #Networking

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I was just trying to finish two bounties before the day reset took place. Got error code baboon and bee for almost an hour straight with a cat 7 LAN hardwire into cable internet. Bungee blames our equipment and internet for there lack of dedicated servers because they are cheap and won’t invest into improving the system. Just trying to get deeper into our pockets with useless micro-transactions and waisted time on weapon/armor skins to put more of our hard earned money into there pockets. So unacceptable! The only answer is to refuse to pay them for anything anymore!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Bungie still wont even talk about this or address it. I love destiny games but, I hope bungie goes out of business and makes way for a company that wants to keep fans

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Writing this October 22nd 2018. Had the occasional weasel or babboon before now but these days Destiny is almost unplayable for me. Like the OP I'm savvy when it comes to networks & I can't for the life of me figure this one out. Again, no other games do this to me, just Destiny 2 which kicks me around 5 times per hour. Sometimes I'll manage to get a strike done. I could never get Leviathan done but I managed Last Wish once. Gave up when I was kicked whilst about to dunk the orb for the chest rewards. I don't bother with Gambit as it took me twice the amount of effort to reset. My PC is wired, my Xbox One is Wired. Only Destiny 2 is doing this. Bungie haven't provided any help lately. I'm done with Destiny for now.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Sandy Candy 777: 9/26/2018 7:19:29 AM

Posting in language:

• Edited by EcoGames3000: 11/10/2017 3:23:09 AM
      Hey guys, I am thinking maybe the problem is Bungie's Servers... which is a big letdown considering this game is far from cheap! It just happened to me while getting the Void subclass for my Hunter at the Shard! And then a few more times while on a mission. Big big bummer! I know it's not my connection 'cause I can play R6 Siege just fine! Just tested my speed: 94.3 DL / 38.9 UP Oh man ....

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • I know what you mean. I was playing just the WiFI when the game came out. Three days after its release the error messages started to pop up( Weasel, Baboon,Cabbage)mostly its that baboon error. My ps4 is now hooked up to the LAN cable and its just the same error everytime. Its on Bungie's side. My internet is really good so I know its not my server its theirs.

Posting in language:

• Same thing for me man! I notice everytime i get babooned it also kicks me from the chat party! I've done everything (contacted ISP, cleared cache, DNS settings, rebooted modem many times etc. YOU NAME IT.) and I get babooned every 10-20 mins ONLY with Destiny 2, it used to happen with Destiny 1 as well. My friends don't even have the same issue as me it's weird. It's like it's only happening to some people while others have it good. I tested it with my phone's hotspot and it worked fine. As soon as I use my internet from my modem it all goes to crap. DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY. 😠

Posting in language:

• Yeah man its not just you i think the servers just cant handle the amount of players atm

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • OK I have more information... It's happening MUCH more when my son and I are both on XBox one's at the same time in the same house on the same network. Almost like the Xbox doesn't know which Destiny instance to send things too. As soon as we start playing at the same time... BABOON over and over again. I have one of the most expensive gaming routers there is. Is there NO way to talk to the manufacturer? Is that what this is? Is anyone else having that? Help?! I've power cycled both xbox's and the network.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by daevaedae: 9/13/2017 3:30:46 AM
            I'm getting the same thing and it's usually when I'm in a PS chat party with friends, but when i leave the difference is immediately noticeable. Still laggy as hell but noticeable, and I have no problem with any other game being in a chat party.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • had this issue from day one

Posting in language:

• So still those of us with this problem are just getting blatantly robbed by Bungie with no tech support huh. Fix this.

Posting in language:

• You could try a hard reset. Unplug the brick. Cycle the power several times.

Posting in language:

• I have been getting babooned since day 1 of D1 and am still getting babooned in D2. Gotta love it.

Posting in language:

• Dude, I think its from the Destiny game. Its seems to me is that the software does not communicate well with the PS4. And you get these lag spikes in the crowded area. But definitely its not your network. Are you on PS4 or PS4pro. B/c I read bungie has issues with the Pro.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • its not a port issue i opened a wide variety of ports and didnt solve anything so i have no idea what it can be maybe its the upstream going over and resetting the router or something im unsure still but i dont think this is a problem we can fix but it works fine using my phones 4G so no idea wth is going on they need to fix this fast

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Edited by crisp: 9/12/2017 3:58:23 AM
                  i have this issue too just says weasel every 5 mins i think its something to do with our routers blocking a unknown port or something its not us its the net code my reason for this theory is well i did some testing using the personal hotspot on my phone on 4G and it works flawless so how can 4G wireless be better than 250mbps hardwired like it dosnt make sense

Posting in language:

• Same thing here on PS4, always drops during loading or in an active area, im also getting error code Chicken along with Baboon.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon