Listed below are issues that Bungie is aware of that exist in the Destiny 2 Beta on PC.
For the best experience, it is recommended that players update their drivers to their most recent versions, and accept any Windows updates that have yet to be applied before accessing the Destiny 2 Beta on PC.
Additionally, as an initial troubleshooting step when encountering an issue, players should close and relaunch the Destiny 2 Beta client and Blizzard application. For players who continue to encounter issues, it is recommended that players delete their existing CVARS.xml file. This file can be found in:
Note that when relaunched, the Destiny 2 Beta application will generate a fresh CVARS.xml file.
Players who encounter issues other than what is listed below should [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12425]report them[/url] to the [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tg=Help%20PCSupport]PC Support[/url] forum.
• The Destiny 2 Beta may not run when installed to a folder with some localized character types in its name (e.g. Greek, Cyrillic, Kanji, etc.). Players should ensure that they install the Beta to a path that does not include these character types, or use the default install location.
• The Destiny 2 Beta must be launched from Blizzard’s Battle.net app. If players launch the Beta client directly from the executable, they may receive an error message or the Destiny 2 Beta client may become unresponsive. Players who encounter this issue should close the Beta client through the user interface or by pressing Alt+F4, and should launch the Destiny 2 Beta using the “Play” button in the Destiny 2 tab of the Blizzard app.
• Some non-English languages will not see a prompt to “Press Enter to Play” at the title screen. Players who encounter this can press Enter to proceed past the title screen.
• Players who are encountering errors from missing DLLs when trying to launch the Destiny 2 Beta should ensure that they have [url=https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35]this version of DirectX[/url] installed, as well as [url=https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145]this VC Redistributables Package[/url] from Microsoft.
• The Destiny 2 Beta application may lock under some circumstances in the initial Adjust Settings screen. Players who encounter this should press Alt+F4 to close the application, then relaunch.
• The Destiny 2 PC Beta client may crash if game performance drops below sustainable thresholds while players are adjusting their Settings.
• Moving the Beta window between a 4K and 1080p monitor may result in the application crashing.
• Turning off a non-primary monitor while the Destiny 2 Beta client is running in 4K may result in a full bluescreen crash.
• MSAA in the Destiny 2 PC Beta is still a work in progress. Compatibility with this feature will continue to be optimized leading up to the full Destiny 2 launch on PC on October 24.
• Players may encounter performance issues with VSYNC enabled in some window configurations. These issues typically occur at 90 and 120 Hz.
• Players may encounter input lag when running third-party applications that repeatedly attempt to insert code into the Destiny 2 Beta client. For more information, please see: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101
• The Adjust Brightness screen may not visibly change when different settings are selected while HDR is enabled.
• Players are able to rebind their keys in such a way that conflicting behaviors may occur in-game. Players who encounter these issues should restore their keybindings to their default state in their Settings menu by pressing F, then Enter. Note that defaults will only be restored for the currently selected screen (Controls, Key Mapping, Video, Sound, Gameplay, Accessibility).
• Repeatedly dragging/resizing the client window in 4K may lead to issues with keyboard/controller input.
• The mouse cursor may get stuck over third-party application pop-ups while the Destiny 2 Beta client is active. Players who encounter this will need to press Alt+Tab to return to the Destiny 2 Beta client.
• Fireteam leaders who have a full Fireteam do not have the option to leave their Fireteam when they receive a party invite.
• Players may continue to appear in the Fireteam roster for a limited time after departing from the Fireteam while in Orbit.
• Clan features are not implemented into the Destiny 2 PC Beta, however players may encounter some artifacts of these features in the Beta client.
• Text chat will cut off text from a player’s typed message if the message exceeds 255 characters.
• Some numerical key inputs may not function correctly in text chat while Num Lock is active.
• Text chat does not currently support text input for Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, or Japanese.
• Windowed Fullscreen may sometimes not hide the taskbar.
• Players may encounter issues with both the Destiny 2 PC Beta client and Blizzard application if they are left running for extended periods of time (i.e.: overnight). Players who believe they are encountering issues for this reason should close and relaunch these applications.
• Players who have large Battle.net friends lists may encounter a crash when attempting to create a Character. We are actively investigating this issue.
• Players may encounter CANARY errors if multiple instances of Destiny 2 are running. Players may be required to end all Destiny 2 instances through a Task Manager prior to relaunching the game to resolve this issue.
• Players may encounter performance issues when playing on some hardware configurations in the Destiny 2 PC Beta. Destiny 2 will continue to be optimized for various PC hardware configurations leading up to the full Destiny 2 launch on PC on October 24.
• Players may encounter issues with HDR features when running some hardware configurations. HDR compatibility will continue to be optimized leading up to the full Destiny 2 launch on PC on October 24.
• In the Destiny 2 PC Beta, Crossfire is not supported, and players may encounter issues when using SLI. Compatibility with these features will continue to be optimized leading up to the full Destiny 2 launch on PC on October 24.
• Players may encounter issues when joining the Fireteam of another player on their same local area network. Players who encounter this issue should ensure that they have UPnP enabled in their network settings.
• Players using dual Ethernet ports (NIC) may encounter connectivity issues. Players who are using multiple network adapters should disable the adapter not in use if they are encountering issues.
• Setting VSYNC to low framerate values on high refresh rate monitors may cause significant input lag.
• Tri-monitor configurations cause the player ship to be zoomed in significantly while in Orbit.
• In general, portrait mode is not supported in Destiny 2 on PC. Players’ experiences may vary when attempting to play Destiny 2 in portrait mode.
• Players may encounter issues when using non-QWERTY keyboards while playing Destiny 2 on PC.
• Players may encounter error code CHIVE when attempting to launch the Destiny 2 PC Beta client with out of date graphics drivers. When encountering this error, ensure drivers are up to date. If drivers are up to date, players may be required to re-install drivers to resolve this issue.[/quote]
Lastly, players may wish to visit the following resources for the Destiny 2 PC Beta:
• [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46147]Installing Destiny 2 on PC[/url]
• [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46125]Blizzard Regions in Destiny 2[/url]