JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

《天命2》

討論《天命2》的所有事情。
5/21/2022 10:49:40 PM

Comparing similar hive minds may help us understand the Vex

I'm a big warhammer 40k fan, as well as a Destiny lore nut, so naturally both interests would inevitably overlap While spending one night thinking about scorn and scorn accessories, I realized that we may have something to learn from comparing the iconic Tyranids of 40k to the Vex of Destiny. Allow me to explain The Tyranids are a ravenous hive network intelligence of insect like biomorphs hell bent on consuming all organic matter in the galaxy. Shockingly, the way the Tyranids work is almost, if not, identical to the Vex and their network intelligence Every basic tryanid unit has a dim connection to the network, alone this connection is hardly enough to guide them but when exposed to a synaptic leader their connection is boosted and tied to their designated synapse. From there the leader will guide lesser Tyranids towards an assigned objective that they were specifically designed to complete This perfectly mirrors the Vex, with basic vex troops having a connection to the network that gets drastically boosted upon the introduction of a vex mind. Causing the vex to more cohesively move towards a specific goal Upon the elimination of a synaptic leader or a Vex mind, the remaining subordinates will default to basic functions such as self preservation and territorial defense. It's why when we kill a Vex mind; the resulting terraforming projects grind to a stand still, as the lesser Vex units no longer have a strong enough connection to the greater Network to tell them what to do Now here's the interesting part, and where I think we could stand to learn somthing regarding the vex It is heavily implied that the tryanid hive mind is in fact a greater entity guiding the Tyranids across the galaxy, this entity however is entirely made out of the tryanid's collective consciousness. A non physical being that both guides and is sustained by the Hive fleets, only existing within the tryanid's unified mind Perhaps the same can be said for the prime mind? The source of the vex may in fact be the cumulative thoughts of the Vex themselves and only exists within the vex network as a non physical entity spanning quintillions of vex frames. Meaning that the only way to harm it is by continuing to eliminate more and more important vex minds. Like disabling a massive brain one neuron at a time What do you think?
English
#destiny2 #lore

文章張貼語言:

以禮待人。發佈文章前請花點時間查看我們的行為準則 取消 編輯 創立火力戰隊 文章

檢視完整主題
  • 由ChronoRabbitN7編輯: 5/22/2022 11:14:22 PM
    The problem with Hive minds in Scifi, is that that are always projected to have an "ultimate" leader making moves behind the scene. Like a Queen. But that isn't what happens with actual Hive Mind behavior. All drones, soldiers and even "queens" have their respective roles and are important in their own ways, but none are above each other in heiarchy. Putting limits on such things is a flaw of humanity, projecting their own society on nature.

文章張貼語言:

以禮待人。發佈文章前請花點時間查看我們的行為準則 取消 編輯 創立火力戰隊 文章

你無權檢閱此內容
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon