JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

《天命2》

討論《天命2》的所有事情。
5/22/2022 12:01:35 PM

The Good Old Days

Ah, yes, the good old days Once upon a time, not too long ago, one would buy a game and if one spent enough time playing that game, one could unlock every cool item within that game. I have fond memories of unlocking cool items to change the look of my character in Halo:Reach. Reaching different ranks would reward me with different helmets, and armor pieces, and attachments I could add to that armor. As games evolved, the free to play model popped up. The game itself was free, but cosmetic items, such as the Halo:Reach's armor/reward system, were no longer something that was included when you bought the game. Cosmetic items were available for purchase. Seeing as the game itself was free, buying cosmetics was seen as a way of supporting the game. Spending money on cosmetics was a little more justified. If one were to spend up +$60 on cosmetics that's not so bad considering the game didn't cost $60 to own. Somewhere along the way companies realized they could make more money by having it both ways. I remember the first demo for D1. It was great, and I fell in love with the Destiny universe and the game play. I remember being in the tower when Tess Eververse was first introduced into the game and thinking, I did not sign up for this. I remember the discussions with my friends and being told don't worry, it's just dances, and besides, all of the money they make will go directly back into the game so they can release free events and stuff. I saw where this was going, but loved this game so much I didn't heed the warnings and get out while I could. I kept trying to convince everyone what was ahead but was dismissed as a fool. Fast forward to today, and, Wow, look how far we've come baby! I don't blame Bungie one bit for Destiny mutating into what it's become. Hey, if people are willing to pay and pay and pay they'd be fools not to take the money. If people are willing to "throw money at the screen" they'd be out of their minds not to take it. DLC, seasons, Dungeons, cosmetics, etc. etc. If Destiny was released in the state it is in now I don't think, in fact I know, I wouldn't have invested the time into it that I have. It's like they say, if you throw a frog into boiling water to will thrash around and try to escape, but if you place it into tepid water and slowly increase the heat little by little it will happily sit there until it cooks to death. Bungie really has come to this point in the smartest way possible, I guess I just an old man longing for things to be the way they once were. I'm sure I'll get a lot of grief from people who grew up with things the way they are now who won't understand what I mean. This frog is boiled. I know it's too late to reverse this. I'm in too deep. I still love this game and playing with all the friends I made. I really don't wan't to lose that. There was a time where we could have stopped gaming from going in this direction, but that time has passed. This is the way it is and will be from now on. I guess I'm an old relic, longing for the good old days, but what are you gonna do, right?

文章張貼語言:

以禮待人。發佈文章前請花點時間查看我們的行為準則 取消 編輯 創立火力戰隊 文章

• 由reenry編輯: 5/24/2022 6:00:05 PM
    [i]people who dont read lore: man all this content is being reused[/i] [i]lore readers: CALUS OMFG LEVIATHAN I WAS WAITING. BUT WITH NIGHTMARES?[/i]

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
    • Look at elden ring, it is all possible. I hate Destiny...... Seasons grind fest the most.

文章張貼語言:

11 回覆
      • I kinda miss the game pre-beyond light…

文章張貼語言:

3 回覆
        • I don't agree with Bungie's methods. Especially charging $10 a season, now wanting $10 a season for events. But it is inflation for the most part. Games have been $60 for decades. Yet the cost to make games or pay programmers has gone up so much. Games rely on cosmetics and microtransactions to compensate. Again. I don't agree with Bungie cause they take it way too far, expecting $100 for the deluxe then $40 for Event Cards or $20 just for dungeons. Especially when they make SSSOOO much from Eververse already. But what do you expect from a company with 1000 employees and only 700k average player logins (destinytracker.com). Games like Overwatch giving maps for free and charging for cosmetics is better than Bungie cause they give you the option to pay more without sacrificing your ability to get content. Same with GTA, where DLCs are free and you can buy Shark cards if you want to.

文章張貼語言:

3 回覆
          • 由Stardust編輯: 5/23/2022 11:05:31 PM
            Everything's changing. Once artists and inventors are now businessman, calculating tough as nails. It's not getting "innocent" again like it was... The next big thing will be NFTs. Bungie were pioneers... I still have a print magazine (in one of my moving boxes in my basement) with a preview of the original Halo. Good thing it's just a hobby.

文章張貼語言:

• Time to hook up my old N64 and play Starfox

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
              Darkwireman
              Darkwireman

(Insect-like chittering) -

What is tha- is that [b][i]blue[/i][/b]? You're charging me...for [b][i]blue[/i][/b]?! EIGHTEEN DOLLARS FOR F%CKING [b][i]BLUE[/i][/b]?!?!?

文章張貼語言:

• 由Sohsuh編輯: 5/22/2022 7:09:29 PM
              Honestly, Eververse wouldn't be an issue if they actually put more cosmetics into the game. If we could earn ornaments through challenges in the game, then a shop with extra cosmetics wouldn't really matter. It would be extra. But when literally all the exotic and armor ornaments are ONLY in the cash shop, then it's a terrible system. I still don't understand why Master raids don't have armor ornaments. Or why Trials doesn't have badass shaders like D1.

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
              • You mean when Tess was reintroduced to the tower, before Eververse she was just a collection vendors to pick special edition ghost shell etc. Then one day she was gone and her kiosk was shut down, then the cash cow returned.

文章張貼語言:

• Your not a relic (I'm 62) and I definitely remember times like that. Too bad Bungle can't - but they have been spoiled by easy money and no competition.

文章張貼語言:

11 回覆
                • F. Good old days…

文章張貼語言:

• 由TheShadow編輯: 5/22/2022 1:42:58 PM
                  [quote]I don't blame Bungie one bit for Destiny mutating into what it's become. Hey, if people are willing to pay and pay and pay they'd be fools not to take the money. If people are willing to "throw money at the screen" they'd be out of their minds not to take it. [/quote] Even though this is true that people are foolish when it comes to their money, there is a thing called integrity. All businesses are in business to make money and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But, to treat the player base that made you who you are today the way Bungie has since Activision left, and things turned for the worst, actually, a lot worse since Forsaken. It is straight out disrespectful to the entire player base whether players have opened their eyes or not. Bungie is what you call a compulsive liar that got really good at misleading the player base into believing they actually "care about them" when their actions literally show otherwise. They pretend to care but they hid their true agenda and that is the actual problem. The interesting thing about all this is that not all companies treat their player base only as number/profit, some actually treat their player base as a customer. There is a huge difference between Bungie and those other companies. So in this case, it's both, Bungie and the ones throwing money at the screen.

文章張貼語言:

3 回覆
                  • There are still good games out there made by good companies. You just have to choose and check the reviews first. This game though has become stale. Since Activision left, it's become a cash cow machine.😂😂😂 They chopped up the game and sell them for parts and they pretend they are making something special and better than the other games. It isn't special. Not at all!😂😂😂 It's just a milking cow now. I've been gaming for several decades. I know what I want in games. And this game has definitely gone down the drain. I played for years since D1. I played it for years because I was having fun. D2 was a disaster. And when Activision left, game died for me. It was that bad!😂😂😂 And it ain't special now. Nope, not at all. They pretend it is, but it's really not! 😂😂😂

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
                    • Also been here since halo 1, and agree. The decline into today's gaming industry is utterly depressing. I knew as soon as bungie stole the fortnight battlepass it was going to be less and less enjoyable. Really, the fluid character movement is all this game has going for it in my opinion. Everything else is unbalanced, unfair, and mindless grinding for little to no reward. Games used to be fun, fair, and rewarding, and even halo all those years ago was able to accomplish this. Now there is no creativity or enjoyment outside of meeting some other gamer folks. This particular product makes me long for those same good old days.

文章張貼語言:

• Better yet, Frog and the Scorpion. Bungie, like all corporations, does what corporations do.

文章張貼語言:

• 由Fish編輯: 5/22/2022 4:21:14 PM
                      Hello yes I would like one live service. I don't like live service games. Why am I still here? Bungie hasn't been secretive about this shift towards live service either. If you don't like it, stop supporting it. Problem is, everyone keeps buying the damn content. Vote with you -blam!- wallets and stop treating the forums as a soap box.

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
                      • My questions are: 1.) what’s the difference between Eververse and the microstransactions in games like CoD or Battlefield at the time? 2.) Is the price hike in basic cost of the game not reflected in its content value or inflation? 3.) Is there a difference between the DLC stuff we have now and what we had then? I’m honestly curious as I was around for the tail end of that “era”. $80 for a year is a lot, but I’m getting more entertainment time out of those $80 than I would’ve out of 90% of the games out at that time. I don’t like the price increases but I don’t necessarily feel it’s unjustified

文章張貼語言:

2 回覆
                        • Yes the "good old days" were great. However I don't fault the gaming industries business tactics.

文章張貼語言:

5 回覆
                          • You are looking back at a time when games weren't "games as a service". Back when a game would release and that was that. Maybe a DLC pack with new maps. But those DLC packs were what started us to this point. It made players want more. More maps. More armor. More new things than what the game launched with. And to back up that more, companies found they needed more ways to make money. I'm fine paying 80 for a DLC and a year of seasons. And I'm fine with eververse so long as it remains cosmetics. Because there are much more predatory ways of doing this and thank the heavens that Bungie hasn't gone that route.

文章張貼語言:

13 回覆
                            • Are gone.

文章張貼語言:

• Just stop buying the crap they are trying to sell. The quality of content is minimal, and bungle no longer cares about anything but our wallets. I just keep getting madder and madder at how bad this game really is. The only good thing about Witch Queen so far is the campaign. The gms are boring af and not something fun to farm. Bungie is so busy trying to make hard content that they are to dumb to see they are chasing everyone away. Very little of the content is actually fun to play and replay. Bungie failed horribly at understanding what makes guardians enjoy their game. Very little about this game is fun. Champions are horrible and way over used. One of the reasons why the campaign was fun was the fact that no champions were present. But sadly, Bungie does not listen to or care about the actual players.

文章張貼語言:

• Great read. Not an old relic my brother you were just alive during a great time in gaming. Hell I remember going to toys r us buying a game , popping it into the console and not having to download a patch for the game to function 😑 also buying FULL products that wasn't chopped into pieces to drip feed sell to me later....good old days.

文章張貼語言:

1 回覆
                              • [quote]Ah, yes, the good old days Once upon a time, not too long ago, one would buy a game and if one spent enough time playing that game, one could unlock every cool item within that game. I have fond memories of unlocking cool items to change the look of my character in Halo:Reach. Reaching different ranks would reward me with different helmets, and armor pieces, and attachments I could add to that armor. As games evolved, the free to play model popped up. The game itself was free, but cosmetic items, such as the Halo:Reach's armor/reward system, were no longer something that was included when you bought the game. Cosmetic items were available for purchase. Seeing as the game itself was free, buying cosmetics was seen as a way of supporting the game. Spending money on cosmetics was a little more justified. If one were to spend up +$60 on cosmetics that's not so bad considering the game didn't cost $60 to own. Somewhere along the way companies realized they could make more money by having it both ways. I remember the first demo for D1. It was great, and I fell in love with the Destiny universe and the game play. I remember being in the tower when Tess Eververse was first introduced into the game and thinking, I did not sign up for this. I remember the discussions with my friends and being told don't worry, it's just dances, and besides, all of the money they make will go directly back into the game so they can release free events and stuff. I saw where this was going, but loved this game so much I didn't heed the warnings and get out while I could. I kept trying to convince everyone what was ahead but was dismissed as a fool. Fast forward to today, and, Wow, look how far we've come baby! I don't blame Bungie one bit for Destiny mutating into what it's become. Hey, if people are willing to pay and pay and pay they'd be fools not to take the money. If people are willing to "throw money at the screen" they'd be out of their minds not to take it. DLC, seasons, Dungeons, cosmetics, etc. etc. If Destiny was released in the state it is in now I don't think, in fact I know, I wouldn't have invested the time into it that I have. It's like they say, if you throw a frog into boiling water to will thrash around and try to escape, but if you place it into tepid water and slowly increase the heat little by little it will happily sit there until it cooks to death. Bungie really has come to this point in the smartest way possible, I guess I just an old man longing for things to be the way they once were. I'm sure I'll get a lot of grief from people who grew up with things the way they are now who won't understand what I mean. This frog is boiled. I know it's too late to reverse this. I'm in too deep. I still love this game and playing with all the friends I made. I really don't wan't to lose that. There was a time where we could have stopped gaming from going in this direction, but that time has passed. This is the way it is and will be from now on. I guess I'm an old relic, longing for the good old days, but what are you gonna do, right?[/quote] Those days died when multiplayer and mmos took off bro.

文章張貼語言:

• These games still exist. Try Elden Ring. It cost £50 and is the best game I’ve ever played. And I’ve put nearly 200 hours in and not even finished my first game. It’s just epic.

文章張貼語言:

• 由A_mo編輯: 5/22/2022 1:56:23 PM
                                I've been thinking about how things have changed in gaming a ton recently as well. But for me its more about how the way social media and the internet in general influences things and I really don't know if I'm down with that anymore. The BS is kind of overripening. I could really care less about how this game does monetization because its just nowhere near as bad as what some other games do.

文章張貼語言:

• 由gabezilla101編輯: 5/22/2022 3:45:02 PM
                                That’s a heavy commitment of time to write that out. Gaming has evolved and companies have this crazy concept called profits. I’d prefer what they’re doing instead of a massive hike overall. We pay very little for a lot of content. It cost me $8.33 a month for all game content and other goodies.this year. Seems like a cheap hobby to me.

文章張貼語言:

你無權檢閱此內容
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon