JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

論壇

11/3/2019 12:35:49 AM
People are self-interested. It makes zero sense to self-handicap when the ultimate goal of any activity is to complete it (and in the context of PvP, to win). I have no shame in admitting that I rarely use anything other than DRB/ID, NF, and Truth. I want to win as consistently as possible, not to struggle unnecessarily. Just because Cammy is likely a masochist to some degree doesn't mean the rest of us share that desire.
English

文章張貼語言:

以禮待人。發佈文章前請花點時間查看我們的行為準則 取消 編輯 創立火力戰隊 文章

It's horrible that we have ALL THESE GUNS and only 4 or 5 of them are viable... all these different loadouts and play styles to be explored but only a few can actually compete.

文章張貼語言:

• That's the reality in any MP game I can think of. There's almost always a few weapons that are clearly superior to the rest. If you disagree with the degree to which certain weapons dominate, take it up with Bungie, not fellow Guardians.

文章張貼語言:

In shooters yes. This is an action RPG. There's no way you actually think that this shit is okay.

文章張貼語言:

• (1) Your premise is a false dichotomy. Destiny 2 is a shooter first and foremost with action RPG and MMO elements. This is evidenced by the game's reliance on gunplay, as well as the branding. It is effectively a relative fusion of Halo and Diablo, to create somewhat of an equivalence. (2) Actually I do. Because I speak of objective reality. Destiny may not be a pure shooter but it is still first and foremost, a shooter, and it therefore abides by the precedents held by past and present shooters that generally have diverse weapons but only a select few are competitive.

文章張貼語言:

So you dont think that bungie should aim to make all if not most weapons competitive? You genuinely believe that we should only have 4 or 5 guns out of the hundreds available to us be viable? That's probably the stupidest thing I've heard ass day. It's people like you that are holding crucible back from what it really could be. A game where I can use a scout and sidearm and STILL be competitive. Where scouts and snipers control long ranges, pulses and autos control mid range, HC mid to close range. And a playerbase that isnt reliant on shotguns to get their kills. I always said that y'all won't put a gun down unless bungie takes it from you and you prove my point. This 1shot meta isnt healthy for the overall game. The only skill gap we have is who can press the shoot button faster on their dust rock... there's no point to mastering maps, placement, strafing, or any of that when you can just play really -blam!-ing aggressive and run at people blindly and get kills.

文章張貼語言:

• Do I believe Bungie should try to make more weapons competitive? Sure. They've been doing that for years. Do I think they will strike a relative balance? No. They never have and they never will. There's always been a meta. I could likely recall a good dozen specific examples from vanilla D1 and onward. The last D1 meta for example was dominated by sidearms and pulses, which was in the opinion of most, the least crappy of metas.

文章張貼語言:

Year 3 D1 actually took skill. That's why people hated it. Shotguns weren't as prevalent, sidearms actually had a place, Hand Cannons were good (remember eyesluna and hawkmoon and TLW), autos were decent, scouts were..... scouts. I'd much rather die to a handcannon and a pulse than a shotgun and a shoulder charge.

文章張貼語言:

• That's beside the point. That was still a meta. The skill or lack thereof of a meta doesn't negate it being a meta.

文章張貼語言:

It was the most diverse meta we've ever had. That's my point. And Bungie should aim to get closer to year 3 D1.

文章張貼語言:

• Your original contention was that you want "most if not all weapons" to be competitive. D1 Y3's meta was diverse but still, most weapons were not equal. There was still a hierarchy, with high RoF pulses, high RoF sidearms, and HCs like Palindrome being clearly on-top. Some could make the argument for 900RPM Autos but I digress. This still doesn't count according to your goal. It's closer to your goal than what we currently have, but it's still a deeply hierarchical meta. That will always be the reality in a game like this.

文章張貼語言:

My point is make as many guns viable as possible. Y3 D1 had the most viable guns. So get the crucible back to that point, and then we can proceed with getting scouts and autos back to speed

文章張貼語言:

• 由LiamCDM編輯: 11/5/2019 8:59:59 PM
    And what I am saying is that I do not see any evidence that your solution would significantly reduce the occurence of specific metas. Hypothetically, even if every weapon had equal TTK, certain archetypes would likely still come out on top, attributable to factors like ease of use (remember the factor of self-interest). There is no shooter that I can recall that doesn't have a distinct meta, whether relatively diverse or not. And ultimately, how you define "diverse" is quite subjective. There is no objective criteria on which we can separate the diverse from the non-diverse.

文章張貼語言:

I never said equal TTK. Because like you said that makes ease of use weapons the most popular. But it's been 5 years. Bungie's gotta playtest more and do the numbers to find the best possible balance. Its obviously not gonna be easy, but Crucible is what keeps people playing after PvE gets stale. I don't know about you but I grind PvE to get guns to use in PvP. And it sucks to die to the same shotgun when you're trying to test out a new sidearm.

文章張貼語言:

• I was referencing TTK as an example. Because it is an example of equalization that logically, you could support. Ultimately, your ideal model was still a hierarchical meta. That's the reality. The degree to which the meta ought to be diverse is that with which you are concerning yourself. And my opinion on the topic is largely neutral. I use what works, regardless of the meta. I have no set preferences.

文章張貼語言:

你無權檢閱此內容
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon